Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    2 random suits show up at your door and instead of telling them off you lead a conversation with them and get questioned?
    This screams: "he just wants the attention."

Also: I still cringe every time i read "content provider" in a thread about youtubers.

To make me not buy a game that i am really hyped for it would take a loooooooooooot more than a company treating a youtuber wrong or the chief being a tottal douche or even a criminal, i literally dont give a f**** - why would i?

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    "According to sources familiar with the matter, previously listed perks on SupMatto's YouTube channel allegedly offered access to a private Discord channel that included further Borderlands 3 leaked information in exchange for a $5 membership to his YouTube channel."

So bigtime not innocent. And in the IGN article there were quite a few cases of him releasing previously unreleased info and violating NDAs. He clearly knew someone at Gearbox and was selling leaked info for profit, and got busted. Why in the world anyone would boycott Gearbox for that is beyond me. And Borderlands 2 was one of the best games in the last 10 years, so not buying it based off being disappointed in past games seems pretty laughable too.

The guy was doing this knowingly for profit, and him playing dumb and acting like he's a simple YouTuber being oppressed by Gearbox just shows what a lowlife he is. I cannot understand why anyone who actually seen the real details of this story would take his side. It would be like boycotting a store because they called the police on someone who was shoplifting.
    Lololol. I wanna know who started this boycott.

Was it the streamers mother?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I’m sure there are people who will pirate it or wait till it’s on steak to buy it because of the exclusive nature but I doubt any of them or any one else who was going to buy it will see that some YouTube got asked some questions and then cancel there plans.
    okay, i would pay triple price if it's released on an edible steak

on topic: yeah, i don't think many people will really boycott the game, but you guys don't see the bigger picture, the real consequences of the story: A billion dollar company sent 2 thugs to intimidate a small youtuber for talking about public informations, they tried to terminate his livelihood, his channel and they tried to destroy his community by killing his discord. Now it's just a small guy no one really cares about... next time it's your favourite youtuber, or maybe even you... here is the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    so originally I was suspicious that there were investigators at all, but turns out that yes. yes there were. except youtuber in question is not nearly as innocent of a victim he claimed to be. https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/08...streamer-leaks

did take two go over the top? maybe? but they certainly didn't just send couple of PI's to bully a poor Innocent fan either.
    Did you really just link IGN as a valid source?

His old leaks were from "The Know" youtube channel, a much much bigger gaming channel. For some reason Take Two didn't investigated or went after them, they only targeted the small youtuber who reported the news based on their videos. Basically every youtuber using Patreon have a discord for paying patreons, it wasn't for "exclusive BL3" leaks. And finally they didn't "hack" Twitch. But hey, at least the conjunctions were true in that article

Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    To make me not buy a game that i am really hyped for it would take a loooooooooooot more than a company treating a youtuber wrong or the chief being a tottal douche or even a criminal, i literally dont give a f**** - why would i?
    that's why we are getting only shit games last years

simpleminds like you are

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trbn View Post
    that's why we are getting only shit games last years

simpleminds like you are
    Someone said also, to fuck youtubers and streamers and said it here in this topic... Well the problem is, that they are more viable than IGN or Kotaku at least in my view.

But problem is like i previously said. People will buy every shit in nice cover, and don't give an shit about quality because it is thier favorite, and here comes to BL3. As i said before i love the series but Randy is not helping promoting BL3. Not at all if you see Randy posts, or actions like that.

But still even if i say. "I boycotting BL3" People will still buy it, because they don't care about dramas etc. They want fun...

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    okay, i would pay triple price if it's released on an edible steak

on topic: yeah, i don't think many people will really boycott the game, but you guys don't see the bigger picture, the real consequences of the story: A billion dollar company sent 2 thugs to intimidate a small youtuber for talking about public informations, they tried to terminate his livelihood, his channel and they tried to destroy his community by killing his discord. Now it's just a small guy no one really cares about... next time it's your favourite youtuber, or maybe even you... here is the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you really just link IGN as a valid source?

His old leaks were from "The Know" youtube channel, a much much bigger gaming channel. For some reason Take Two didn't investigated or went after them, they only targeted the small youtuber who reported the news based on their videos. Basically every youtuber using Patreon have a discord for paying patreons, it wasn't for "exclusive BL3" leaks. And finally they didn't "hack" Twitch. But hey, at least the conjunctions were true in that article
    more valid then youtuber's personal claims. as I have said, he is neither first nor last youtube to create/inflate controversy, including making false statements - in order to get more views and more clicks. he IS a small youtuber after all.

and please do not equate patreon with what he seems to have been doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    While all of the basement dwelling neckbeards are whining on internet forums about why they won't buy BL3 (EGS, issues with the developer, etc..), i'll be busy having fun and enjoying the game.
    some people have self control and can do things like boycott something because the product is made by an unscrupulous company. i myself have not purchased any ea games in well over 6 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    so would you buy a game made by oh say kim jong un?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i myself have not purchased any ea games in well over 6 years.
    Not exactly hard since EA games are either sports games, terrible games, or both.

No ones posted it yet? Come on guys. I'll do it i guess.

My response to this thread, and every other thread related to boycotts:

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    No ones posted it yet? Come on guys. I'll do it i guess.

My response to this thread, and every other thread related to boycotts:

[IMG]https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--W8ZYHe9O--/c_scale,f_auto,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/18j48weujcgewjpg.jpg[IMG]
    Didn't even know it existed but it is hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zero fucks given.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    meanwhile, personaly I'm not buying Borderlands 3 at launch but NOT becasue of any controversies or boycotts. rather from my experience with prior games in a series, I'm better off waiting for GOTY or complete edition. I played enough Borderlands to be interested, but not so interested as to play it RIGHT NOW. so... i'll wait. personaly.
    Sound advice.

It wont do anything, but people need to stop taking bought trash like IGN as some kind of revelation. There was no hacking or shady shit. You could follow their fucking testing account on twitch. Because gearbox are morons and showed the name of the account on stream LIVE. So some people followed it with notification and there you go, actually its not the first time leaks happen this way, i have no idea why dumb ass devs would use twitch a public platform to send each other ingame videos for their work. Cant you dumb asses save videos and send them using something that doesent send public videos i dunno?

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Whether I like the channel or not is not the problem.

The problem is this. The OFFICIAL statement from the publisher is that they were involved in a nearly yearlong investigation with youtube and discord about alleged crimes and at no point decided to contact or involve the police in any manner whatsoever.

Just because I think John Smith stole my wallet, doesn't give me standing to follow him home, break into his house, and then hold him at gunpoint until he hands me money.

It's also important to note the Freedom of the Press element here. "Newspapers" are free to gather information from sources, even if its illegal for those sources to disclose that information, and then sell access to that information to their customers. This is all the youtuber has been accused of, but even then his defense has been that he has only redistributed information that was publicly available, and not published any breaking news.

The weird thing though, is that he was apparently a huge fan of the franchise, and his videos seemed almost entirely positive about the games. Which is kinda frightening that you have to either 100% shill for their game or randomly get stomped into oblivion by the internet police.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    some people have self control and can do things like boycott something because the product is made by an unscrupulous company. i myself have not purchased any ea games in well over 6 years.

- - - Updated - - -

so would you buy a game made by oh say kim jong un?
    If it would be Borderlands 3 niveau, i do think so, i'm selfish enough for that

Don't care. I'm preordering the game because its genuinely made by people who can make a good game.

Will sell lots and lots, who cares about SJW twitter tags
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloomy View Post
    all the #boycottwhatever things people do are cute and all, but at the end of the day if the game is good it will do really well, and if it's bad it won't. they could have shown up and kidnapped this guy and questioned him in a damp and dark room in an undisclosed location... ultimately my main concern would be the quality of the game and i'd just feel bad for the guy while still playing borderlands 3.

the quality of the game will always be the only thing that really matters to me, and i doubt im in the minority on that despite the social posturing people love to do.
    Game quality is why I don't generally pre-order anymore. Especially after the bullshit that Piranha Games pulled a few weeks ago after they had said that players who pre-ordered their game would get Steam or GOG keys, meanwhile they'd been working on a deal with Epic Games since they put the pre-orders up in April promising Steam keys and such, only to back stab the people who had pre-ordered. And considering that developer doesn't really have a positive track record of great game development but has the license to the MechWarrior IP at this current time (which Microsoft is the actual rights owner, so I could see them going after Piranha Games over the Epic Store exclusivity). And with the Epic Games Store exclusivity being a problem for the foreseeable future, I won't pre-order anything on the PC. Besides, pre-ordering is such a dumb concept in the digital distribution era, I wish more people would stop doing it. If a game doesn't go up for pre-order on Steam, I'm definitely not likely to ever buy it early. Also, why pay money for something you aren't going to get right away? That's also a dumb concept.

The only games I'd ever consider pre-ordering anymore are Nintendo's big name IP's, mainly because I know that they consistently put out games that are good and fun to play.

Pre-ordered it already, do not care one bit about some youtuber who leaks info before it is released officially.
    Last edited by Popastique; 2019-08-11 at 03:52 PM.

Just waiting for the release outside of the Epic store.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.