Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I see assholes are upset they might get in trouble somewhere for being an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Is it just me or did youtubers make gaming community shitty and toxic?
    Nah, the horribly incestuous relationship between devs and journos did.

Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    Pre-ordered it already, do not care one bit about some youtuber who leaks info before it is released officially.
    Yikes, preordering a game in 2019? Wild
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

It's a character in a video game. If you want to call them a jelly donut, who cares? They don't exist and I can't believe we're having people actioned against by mods over discussions that don't involve trolling, abuse, or off-topic. Absolutely ridiculous virtue-signalling, it needs to stop and I can't wait for this fad to be over with from companies hoping to score PR $$.

Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    before it is released officially.
    GG lying.
    they had the links to said "leaks" on their official stream, their stupid PR team couldn't do their damn job.
    which isn't surprising seeing as they typically can't do anything else right either, A:CM and DN:F being only two examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    GG lying.
    they had the links to said "leaks" on their official stream, their stupid PR team couldn't do their damn job.
    which isn't surprising seeing as they typically can't do anything else right either, A:CM and DN:F being only two examples.
    On the other hand 2k accused that youtuber of accessing some content through other means. At this point both 2k games and that youtuber look shady enough when you look at this situation. So unless they both FULLY reveal what really happened ( which both parties won't do ) - there is no way to determine who is right and wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, what is going on about FL4K character?

Quote Originally Posted by Capo dei capi View Post
    Fl4k's proper pronouns are they and them.

10+ Year Old Account
    At first I was part of the boycott crowd until the youtubers dirty laundry came out about selling game leaks behind his discord paywall. The whole games store thing may be a moot point if GoG's new platform turns out to be a success. But ya, if classic WoW becomes a dud then I'm 100% in on BL3. Been waiting for that game for 7 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Capo dei capi View Post
    It's They's a robot, with pronouns. It's equal part pants on head retarded, but I expect nothing less from post 2012 Gearbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    There is no argument. Zero. None. It's their character, in their world. They have established that their character, in their world, is known by / goes by them/they. There is nothing to debate. It's not a matter of opinion. These are the facts of the world they have created.

If you want to discuss that world, you abide by their rules.

- - - Updated - - -

Strawman. Nice work.
    A robot is a machine , IT has no gender

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    A robot is a machine , IT has no gender
    We aren't debating what you would call a robot on Earth, today. We're talking about what you would call a fictional robot in a fictional world created by Gearbox. The creators have stated that that the robot is a person, and uses the pronouns "they/them". It really isn't hard. Their IP, their forum, their rules. You're trying to argue against the creators. It's an argument you can't win. But you also don't have to. You're welcome to think and say whatever you want. Just not on their forums.

We aren't debating what you would call a robot on Earth, today. We're talking about what you would call a fictional robot in a fictional world created by Gearbox. The creators have stated that that the robot is a person, and uses the pronouns "they/them". It really isn't hard. Their IP, their forum, their rules. You're trying to argue against the creators. It's an argument you can't win. But you also don't have to. You're welcome to think and say whatever you want. Just not on their forums.
    still banning people because they wont use , imaginary words for imaginary robots is idiotic.
    The 'correct' pronoun for any machine in the English language is "IT"
    "They/Them" is nonsensical in this context.

feel free to use made up words as you want to but an inanimate machine has no pronoun

still banning people because they wont use , imaginary words for imaginary robots is idiotic.
    The 'correct' pronoun for any machine in the English language is "IT"
    "They/Them" is nonsensical in this context.

feel free to use made up words as you want to but an inanimate machine has no pronoun
    Once again, you're trying to impose the current literary standards to a piece of fiction. It doesn't work like that. The creators of the fiction can do what they like.

Sentient machines in fiction often have pronouns. Look at Data from Star Trek. Repeatedly referred to as him. That's how he identified. In this case, it's "them/they".

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely playing Flak. Sentient robot with murderous animal pets? Hellz yeah.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Once again, you're trying to impose the current literary standards to a piece of fiction. It doesn't work like that. The creators of the fiction can do what they like.

Sentient machines in fiction often have pronouns. Look at Data from Star Trek. Repeatedly referred to as him. That's how he identified. In this case, it's "them/they".
    still idiotic reasoning, a machine is a machine . Data is an advanced ai that is capable of iindependent actions and decisions , the him was used a convinience.
    banning your players based on whatever you think is reasonable when its not is not good for your own company. like when battlefield gave silence on players typing :white man.

Only thing I'm getting is I'll be waiting for a specific version of this game to show up on a specific site so I can acquire it and show the developers real time "Get Woke, Go Broke." Artists getting real ballsy telling me I can only appreciate their work in the ways they approve of. Especially when the format is digital.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    so I can acquire it and show the developers real time "Get Woke, Go Broke."
    People like you keep saying this and yet not once has anyone "Gone Broke". You just want a reason to justify stealing something and its always been nothing more than that.

They could release it on steam for $5 and people like you would still buy it from G2A cause its cheaper (due to it being stolen).

Only thing your showing is your ignorance and how much u want to steal something.

Don't worry about replying, Throwing you on ignore after this post.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

still idiotic reasoning, a machine is a machine . Data is an advanced ai that is capable of iindependent actions and decisions , the him was used a convinience.
    Seriously? The entire premise of Data in Star Trek was about him being a person, not a thing. There were entire episodes about it. Pronouns weren't used out of convenience. They were used as a sign of respect.

FL4K is also an advanced ai that is capable of independent actions and decisions. For all we know story wise, FL4K could actually be a persons brain downloaded into a machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Fl4k's proper pronouns are they and them.
    I'll call him a him since he sounds, acts and looks like a male.

Just to trigger people into feeling like they gotta run and hide into a nearby Starbucks for their safespace aesthetic.

Also, need I mention all this "pronoun" bullshit is nonsensical and beyond the definition of ridiculous? Anyone who revolves their life around their gender is a huge red flag warning to stay the fuck away from that person.

Why does almost all of them have autism? Just a bit funny and worth noting.

But anyways. It's a game. Call it whatever the hell you want. Just don't be retarded about it for fuck's sake.
    Last edited by Stardrift; 2019-08-21 at 04:05 PM.