Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Leak: Diablo is the final boss
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    You have to write spoiler beforehand.. man whole story ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post
    D3's sales were largely cemented on D2's legacy and the fact the game was released over and over again on multiple platforms. Its been a huge seller for Blizzard -- 16M+ copies sold.

The question will be whether D4 has the same hype surrounding it. Its rare to find someone who claims they absolutely love D3, or that its one of their favorite games of all time. Less people played D2, but its place in PC gaming history is cemented forever.

I am very skeptical about what D4's reception will be. Less RPG elements, more accessible and console friendly...and expect monetization schemes every where. Its not a day 1 purchase for me, that goodwill is spent.
    The important thing is whether or not they can actually make Diablo 4 a good game that stands on its own merits or not. That is something I am skeptical of because Blizzard hasn't demonstrated that they can make a good game in quite a long time. The legacy of its predecessors is less important.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Just nitpicking here, but crushing blows and similar were removed because they were utterly strong and completely unbalanced. I remeber an old video where a monk with basically no offensive stats managed to clear GR100 way before it was actually doable because hits didn't matter when you just procced 25% hp away from any monster.

To be fair monks are still broken as fuck when you can hel yourself by spending spirit. Although nothing beats Jade Harvester Witch Doctor. That shit is god mode right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    The important thing is whether or not they can actually make Diablo 4 a good game that stands on its own merits or not. That is something I am skeptical of because Blizzard hasn't demonstrated that they can make a good game in quite a long time. The legacy of its predecessors is less important.
    What games are you talking about? Overwatch, Hearthstone, D3 were all extremly successful. There is 0 reason to think that d4 is not following this trend.

5+ Year Old Account
    Also we visit Tristram and hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    What games are you talking about? Overwatch, Hearthstone, D3 were all extremly successful. There is 0 reason to think that d4 is not following this trend.
    All 3 of those games have had serious longevity problems compared to older Blizzard games, Hearthstone to a lesser degree but that's because it hooks in people who are willing to invest a lot of time and money into it like all card games. You don't need to take my word for it, look at ATVI's stock since the company was formed.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    He is talking about good games. It's not the same. Case in point. All those glorified rail shooters with Call of Duty slapped on the cover? Those are a money prints even though quality wise they have nothing on Medal of Honor Allied Assault for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    He is talking about good games. It's not the same. Case in point. All those glorified rail shooters with Call of Duty slapped on the cover? Those are a money prints even though quality wise they have nothing on Medal of Honor Allied Assault for example.
    Thats Activision developed games not Blizzard developed games. Generally CoD games are decent, its the business that comes with them that enters shady.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Leaks come before Blizzcon.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Again, explain... And I can point out where for the average player it's not complex at all.
    Complexity is not depth.

Complexity is complexity. You press more buttons in sequence in D3, and your gear and stats allows you to cycle through those buttons more often. That's complexity.

But there is no itemization depth in D3. All your gear is funneled into the same Sets, and the only customization is in what stats you're aiming for, or finding the 'Primal Ancient ++' version of what you already have. There is no depth to that.

Having played D3 through 8 seasons and been top 13th Crusader at one point in my D3 career, I'm well versed in how quick you're able to build power and how to min-max a character in D3. And the playstyle through all seasons is effectively the same barring some chance drops allowing you to progess quicker or slower; namely finding the right ancient weapon.

D2 however has a lot more depth in that you might be aiming to find the BIS gear, but your progression involves non-BIS for the majority of your play. And it's in that journey where you really find how much depth there is to itemization, because even if you use the cookie cutter builds to go through the game, one lucky Rare or finding an amulet with Teleport charges can drastically change your gameplay experience. And that's something that is lacking in D3, where they literally hand you the gear you need, and you run the same Rifts until you brute-force your way to getting the set you want. There's no journey, no depth to customization, and you reach your 'BIS' pretty quick. From there, it's then min-maxing and upgrading items into ancients or primals.

At no point would you ever consider wearing a Blue or Yellow item in D3; whereas Diablo 2's Blues are just as important to have because they contain special affixes or abilities that Yellows and Legendaries/Sets/Runewords may not have. Amulet with teleport charges is a blue item. Yellow Amulets could have +2 skills and a bunch of good stats. A Legendary Amulet might have a certain special trait attached to it. These are meaningful choices on how to build your character, and it's not as simple as picking the BIS and running with it.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-10-04 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    D3 has a faster attack speed with different weapon speeds, also effected by attack speed. We could argue over the complexity of d2 being based mainly on skill pts + spell attack speed vs D3 having to balance weapon type vs build to maximize damage. It's probably a wash, to me I think D3 is a more complex system because it requires correct itemization to balance build vs outright spell dmg vs cast speed.

There are plenty of ability synergy in D3, definitely more then d2 seeing as the combat, passives, and items are based around synergies. Combat is definitely more complex in d3, it's not even a debate.

+skill more or less exists in D3 in the form of % damage to abilities, that's the major part of what skill points do is increase the power of a skill. Im aware skills like multi arrow or teeth will get more simultaneous attacks, but it's still a +dmg effect. Some other skills will have their areas increased along with length of effect. I'm simplifying.

Recovery is more of a pvp need and not really needed in d3.

D3 used to have some % boss health abilities but they were removed because they are only useful at very end game. Also arguing an rng effect as complexity is counter productive.
    lol, not needed cause we got shafted with the pvp and the stupid itemization that doesn't permit any kind of pvp balance.

When you get into attack frames, cast time and breakpoints, D2 is already more complex. Understanding internal skill mechanics is paramount. Also, if you equip the items with the highest stat numbers most of the time you'd be making the wrong pick due to a myriad of factors. Blue and rare items might be useful or even best in slot for endgame, not vendor trash.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Thats Activision developed games not Blizzard developed games. Generally CoD games are decent, its the business that comes with them that enters shady.
    Doesn't matter. The point is, success does not necessarily mean quality. The Last Jedi brought a shitload of money.

Well baal is last boss in diablo two and diablo 3 it's a reaper with dual glaives so idk why you would assume that he's the final boss

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Well baal is last boss in diablo two and diablo 3 it's a reaper with dual glaives so idk why you would assume that he's the final boss
    Those are the expansion packs so...

Also. You completely missed the joke. Good job.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Those are the expansion packs so...
    yes when people talk about diablo 2 they talk about its launch state with no runewords / syngery between spells and not the life span with lord of destruction included.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Man I must be one of the only people that loved the shit out of D2 and enjoyed D3 way more.
    I liked both. I played 9 years D2 but D3 didn't manage to keep me hooked as much - i still clocked more than 1k hours on it though. D3 combat/gameplay is one of the best i have played in an arpg. Unfotunately i could do everything that could be done in a very short time because it was just more of the same every season, and since everything is tied to GRs and playing a specific set, once you have cycled them all the game is finished, at least for me.

D3 lacks a purpose. Plays really well but everything you do has no real purpose other than padding numbers for the sake of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    To be fair monks are still broken as fuck when you can hel yourself by spending spirit. Although nothing beats Jade Harvester Witch Doctor. That shit is god mode right there.
    Hehe, long time i don't play the game, so i'm not updated on what's OP right now :P
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    yes when people talk about diablo 2 they talk about its launch state with no runewords / syngery between spells and not the life span with lord of destruction included.
    Doesn't change the simple fact that Diablo was the final boss of Diablo 2. And 3.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I liked both. I played 9 years D2 but D3 didn't manage to keep me hooked as much - i still clocked more than 1k hours on it though. D3 combat/gameplay is one of the best i have played in an arpg. Unfotunately i could do everything that could be done in a very short time because it was just more of the same every season, and since everything is tied to GRs and playing a specific set, once you have cycled them all the game is finished, at least for me.

D3 lacks a purpose. Plays really well but everything you do has no real purpose other than padding numbers for the sake of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Hehe, long time i don't play the game, so i'm not updated on what's OP right now :P
    I also have large gaps, but since Jade Harvester can massacre armies I shouldn't even be able to touch, well....yeah.

it's time to show my ID