Thread: DH tanks m+

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmwut View Post
    because with fracture you get way more and faster souls and pain to dump.
    I mean I wouldn't use that build anyways, but fracture is straight garbage outside of SB build. Even with a SB build FTD is a far better defensive talent, it's just the rotation feels like ass without it.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmwut View Post
    I don't need last resort that much and play with void reaver, to smooth out incoming damage even more.
    I'm not a theorycrafter but Void reaver might be good for this week with Fortified and Bolstering. I know 6% D/R isn't much but our passive D/R is also not as good as others. Like I said I dont know the numbers but if a warrior D/R is say 30% DH is 22% that 6% puts us closer. Again just throwing those numbers out there not sure what is accurate not being a theorycrafter.
    "We Choose Truth over Facts" - Joe Biden
    "You're too old to vote for me" - Joe Biden

We need to completely demolish MAGAFT

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    A healer isn't going to heal you 6% less simply because you talented VR, it doesn't work that way. In the end it's not a big enough difference to alter the way the healer has to heal you- so it's better to have a safety net and something that can be deliberately used as another CD then just some minor, passive mitigation.

That said you're running 7s, so I get you might not understand the value of LR yet but you will as you progress. There is a reason all the prot wars last season where using the shitty bwonsomdi trinket in M+(and last resort is way more powerful then that), cheat deaths have amazing value on high keys where one mistake can global you.
    It's 6% in a frontal cone of enemies. That could be 6% to 5 NPC's. That's not as insignificant as you might think it is. I don't disagree that LR is powerful however I don't think you're doing the math right on VR. The value is larger when you think about someone accidently pulling another mob where LR would only be useful once but VR is useful the entire pull.

I suppose it's a matter of how much you trust your healer.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    It's 6% in a frontal cone of enemies. That could be 6% to 5 NPC's. That's not as insignificant as you might think it is. I don't disagree that LR is powerful however I don't think you're doing the math right on VR. The value is larger when you think about someone accidently pulling another mob where LR would only be useful once but VR is useful the entire pull.

I suppose it's a matter of how much you trust your healer.
    Uh, no. It's 6% DR. If it was a buff that reduced the damage you take by 6% it's effect is the exact same as a debuff put on on enemies. I'm not sure why you're trying to spin it like it's something unique or different lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Uh, no. It's 6% DR. If it was a buff that reduced the damage you take by 6% it's effect is the exact same as a debuff put on on enemies. I'm not sure why you're trying to spin it like it's something unique or different lmao.
    It's basically similar to HPal Devo aura. 6% damage reduction. That's not as insignificant as you seem to make it seem.
    Damage that doesn't need to be healed by you or your healer. 6% phys and magic damage.

It also forces me to ask: Why are you dying so much in dungeon that LR pays off regularly? Because I suspect you may be doing something wrong there or your healer is letting you down.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's basically similar to HPal Devo aura. 6% damage reduction. That's not as insignificant as you seem to make it seem.
    Damage that doesn't need to be healed by you or your healer. 6% phys and magic damage.

It also forces me to ask: Why are you dying so much in dungeon that LR pays off regularly? Because I suspect you may be doing something wrong there or your healer is letting you down.
    Both sound on right track and yeah pretty correct. LR definitely has its use cases like Tech said, but think both are situational and depend on affixes of the week etc.

DH's are more spikey than other tanks like a warrior. I dont do much theory crafting others could jump in but say a warrior has 30% passive mitigation DH's sit at like 20% passive mitigation. This 6% just brings us slightly closer. Those 30 and 20 arent correct numbers simply an example the real difference could be smaller or larger.
    "We Choose Truth over Facts" - Joe Biden
    "You're too old to vote for me" - Joe Biden

We need to completely demolish MAGAFT

This comment basically shows me you lack experience with the game because 1) shit will happen and you will die running high keys. You even see it with the best players using meta tank specs during the MDI so come again? Are you some super pro that never dies? If that's the case why do you need 6% DR and aren't using option 2) You can also use it on purpose as a CD, deliberately saving other things because you know you have it oh and this is also a slight dps increase so should be used if you're super pro and never have to fear dying.

You where the guy months ago asking for advice on how to play in 5s right? So what keys are you doing these days that you someone became the one to give advice and tell others they're doing things wrong? Curious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by js3915 View Post
    DH's are more spikey than other tanks like a warrior.
    VDH ain't that much more spikey then prot war(after 8.2 adjustments anyways), and if you're worried about spike damage you should be playing a brewmaster, not either war or VDH.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-10-10 at 05:20 PM.