Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    How did you decide what class to play? What're your motives for picking your class?
    I'm a solo player, I want a class that can do damn near anything alone. Willing to play healer or ranged.

Warrior? Nah, sunders exist and don't want to tank anyways
    Mage? Nah, people are going to bug me out in the world for ports and food
    Warlock? Nah, I hated farming soul shards in BC and wrath
    Hunter was an option, remember to buy arrows and life would be great
    Priest was an option but do I want to level as holy/disc? I level as the spec I play
    Shaman and Pally made it to final two, will probably play both but main pally, seemed more suggested for dungeons and since I have 0 interest in pvp and 0 interest in raids that sounds perfect to me.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanted a class with a lot of utility to help other players out, but also one with strong damage so I brought more to the table than just utility (being pleasant and useful in a tertiary sense isn't exactly going to be all that's needed when I try to convince my guild to help me build a Scepter, after all). So I went with Mage, because portals are useful to everyone at every point in the game, and Mage can pump out some serious numbers on dps checks. while having plenty of options for downranking on more nuanced fights. The combo of portals as a Mage, and being able to mass-produce bags as a Tailor, should, I think, help greatly with my goals in that regard.

Also, I've got a jingle set up for when I'm selling portals in Trade chat:
    "Welcome to Zíppy's Portable Portal Emporium! Need to be somewhere in a jiffy? From Ironforge to Darnassus, don't take the boat, just ask Zíppy!"
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Initially I chose rogue for that OG Classic stunlock gameplay, but honestly my decision was swayed towards Warrior after I managed to reserve one of those S tier noun names haha

For me it was simple.. I just tried it.. liked it.. and will play it. This is often how video game choices work out for me. In this case it is even easier because it is just there for free to try.. to play.. and then to decide. I will probably play both.

I find it very odd people need to find deep and physiological reasons to play one of the other and people needing to burn those reasons down to build them up to justify it one way or the other. These are just video games that you play for fun. If you have fun with it then by golly play it. If not put it down. No harm no foul. I won't hold it against you if our opinions are different. It is way way ok.

I played Mage in Vanilla and wanted to change things up for Classic. I decided on Dwarf Paladin because I enjoy the class fantasy and enjoy max level BGs.

i am thinking for NE druid to bring old memories back but i remember leveling a druid was hell... and gearing up

Well that’s kind of how I was trying to make my decision. I’d like to do a little bit of everything except I hate taking a while to find groups so I figured I should play an important role like healing or tanking.

I’ve always played a warrior, but it’s seems like everyone and their mom is playing a warrior. Kind of bothers me playing the most populated class, not sure why.
    Completely understand this, which is partly why I wanted to go either Warlock or Shadow Priest. But with Vanilla, you need to bite the bullet in some regard. There's no way around it, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

Your class might be good for PvE but suck in PvP. It might be good against a certain class but shitty against another. It might be a super popular class. Might be an insane flag runner in WSG but near useless in other aspects of the game. You'll have to make a choice in the end. My advice is to pick something that correlates with your goals in Classic, focus on that, and accept that other parts of the game might feel like a kick in the balls.

3+ Year Old Account
    Want to preface this with I do not want you to help me decide what class to play.

That being said, I can't make a decision. Different motives either way for my 2 choices.

How did you decide what class to play? What're your motives for picking your class?
    The people I play with so we can have a decent team.

I looked at a few different categories and was honest about my play time. I will be able to play abt 8-10 hrs a week and consistent raids are not likely.

Ease of levelling. How they perform at ~tier 1 lvl of gears. Farming capabilities. Pvp competitiveness. Whether they actually wear tier gear. Raid spots for pugs.

I went with hunter.

Easy levelling.
    Tier 1 is where they shine.
    They farm well.
    Are at least decent in pvp.
    They value wearing full tier 1, 2, 3.
    Shouidnt be too hard to get into an mc pug.

Also I've played all classes on other realms and found I really enjoy hunter. Lots of playmaking abilities and I can stand out among the huntards. Also an engaging pve rotation compared to casters.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does it look cool and fun? Go play it.

My friends are pansies and none of them will nut up and tank so the burden is mine to bear.

On the plus side I'm going to have a couple healbots at my disposal.

(Warrior if it was not obvious).

Want to preface this with I do not want you to help me decide what class to play.

That being said, I can't make a decision. Different motives either way for my 2 choices.

I played 2 classes heavily in vanilla, Warrior was my main and Rogue was my alt. While I love many aspects of Classic that I miss and can't wait to enjoy again, stance dancing is not one of them. So I decided to pass on the Warrior and main my old alt class instead.

I started playing Gnome warlock back in late 2005. This toon has been my main since (but now Orc). I don't want to experience the threat issues again and being a gimped mage. I will miss Soul Link pvp though.

I will now play 60 NE feral druid. How i made my mind:
    - Wanted to be able to dps and offtank / be able to solo lower dongeons for gold farming.
    - Love the class. The most unique of classic imo
    - I like playing "rare" class. And it was the most underplayed class back then.
    - I did not know about powershifting, the helm and Gnomeregan mace weapon back then. The DPS now is pretty good as kitty.
    - I needed a class with innate 30% speed and no dead time while leveling.
    - I needed a damn hard spec to gank in wPVP with stealth to pick my own kills.
    - I needed a class with low gear dependancy

Enhancement Shaman Tank

15+ Year Old Account
    Over the years I have realized that I HATE being stuck in just 1 role all the time. With retail I can have many alts but I always feel like I am missing focus and my "main" is getting behind. Having a druid main allows me to switch it up and focus gearing while not missing out on playing other roles based on acquired gear and mood.

Classic requires much more time to develop and level a character. So picking a pure dps would just not maximize my time investment.
    Druid makes the most sense as it is the only class that can do all 4 roles. I only have time for the occasional pug raid and will be doing BGs and 5/10 mans mainly. Druid allows me to do all of this in any capacity I would like. I anticipate classism creeping in at lvl 50+ and as long as the worst of it stays in raids I am fine with that. As someone who has healed since TBC, I have no issue going resto for MC and beyond should I find the time. I would like to off tank as well to but like I say...entering raids will be rare.
    Being able to fill any role as need for 5 man content is very important to me. Having a heal and stealth as well as a tough tank form in the push of a button is soooo much QoL. Especially the stealth.
    Druid is the best for ME and the way I play.
    I will also roll a troll shadow priest for PvP fun and a twink hunter.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

I want to kill people in the world who are undergeared or low level.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    I want to kill people in the world who are undergeared or low level.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I played a Priest back in the day because High School me thought it would be ironic for such an edgy atheist to play a priest.

I came from D2 and usually played a sorc so i wanted to try mage but the slow casting early on didnt sit right with me coming from a "spam your shit" game.

Undead of course because why would i want to play the faction with midgets and humans

My dad played a priest and paladin in classic, back when I first started playing. He passed away 3 years ago, so I decided to play what he played as a tribute to him.

I sat down and considered what class I'd be happy to play right through. I have no intention of making anything bar an bank alt. Then I considered what I played properly in TBC against what I didn't so it would still feel relatively new.

I then talked with IRL friends who are playing, found out what they are playing + role and narrowed down my choices from that.

In the end, I've decided for a mage.

1) Never played a mage properly bar fire in Cataclysm for PVP.

2) Free food and easy transport for my group.