Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Elementals in Silithus give Waterlord rep, you send a few people to farm those until they are honored. then do MC to get the quest drops from bosses and viola, Aqual Quintessence.
    That would be 4200 mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    That would be 4200 mobs.
    Welcome to Classic.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

https://www.twitch.tv/journeywow

This guy seem to be the front runner for the moment ? Lvl 35 24hour after launch.

Welcome to Classic.
    I know how classic works, I just meant that it's totally not doable 1st week.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I tried several servers...not gonna wait 90 minutes on the high pop with a queue of 10k...but my RP realm let me log in just fine right away (btw of the 19 english realms, 3 are low, 10 are medium, 6 are high and I had no queue on a medium server)

Highest lv that I found was lv 19 on the low pop RP realm...actually only lv 13 on the medium pop pvp realm. Whatever you make of that.
    Interesting, thx for the info.

I know the JourneyWoW guy is about 35.5 now, which is just crazy but I'm guessing he hasn't eaten a real meal, slept or bathed since launch. Assuming the best and that he's not cheating by account sharing, I'm thinking he'll need to do some of those real life activities at some point here. Seems reasonable he could do that and still hit 60 by Saturday, which is pretty incredible.

Would be cool if there was an official tracker for the race to 60.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Well, number one, you have the method stream, that has multiple power levelers live in the studio, and the levels of those you can see for almost all the time. The highest person there is 27 atm.

Also, some of those players have some addon for classic race that tracks levels for people who have it. When their pov is shown you can take a look at that.

Some people also report on chat but those may always be trolls of course
    thx for the info

Yeah I general distrust info from random internet peeps, but I'll take a look at the method stream later. I don't mind them.

There used to be a command that worked in vannilla, not sure if it works in classic:

Code:
    /whois 35-40
    You could change the numbers to put in any range and it would show people logged into your server (in your faction) that were in that range.

Or was it
    Code:
    /whois level 42-38
    ? Cant remember, maybe someone else can?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    There used to be a command that worked in vannilla, not sure if it works in classic:

Code:
    /whois 35-40
    You could change the numbers to put in any range and it would show people logged into your server (in your faction) that were in that range.

Or was it
    Code:
    /whois level 42-38
    Just "/who 35-40" will work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post

Code:
    /whois 35-40

Or was it
    Code:
    /whois level 42-38
    You can only do that for the server you are on, and with queues of many hours on the more populated servers it's not very viable to check.

And I think the syntax would just be

Code:
    /who 27-40
    (or whatever level range you want to check)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    How exactly is he going to obtain Aqual Quintessence without killing any bosses? Grinding trash for reputation?
    You can grind it in about 10 to 12 hours. So if a group of at least 25 - 30 people aren't grinding the rep by killing trash resets by Friday night, there wont be a Rag kill this weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

Elementals in Silithus give Waterlord rep, you send a few people to farm those until they are honored. then do MC to get the quest drops from bosses and viola, Aqual Quintessence.
    I think the MC trash resets are much faster than single mob grinding, plus, if your not human, good luck with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Hydraxian rep can be done with trash farming, which also nets you a few epics along the way, you can clear up to Geddon quite easily while avoiding all the bosses.

Just have warlocks ready to summon back and forth from Azshara and you'll be fine for quintessence.

As for fire resistance, assuming you're alliance for the human rep bonus, Paladin fire aura + fire resist potion + the MC'd fire res buff from LBRS should be all you need.

The trick is getting people up there, but in truth with the power of hindsight you can pull it off. If people are 60 before the weekend hits, there's no reason to suggest we won't see a week one Ragnaros kill. A good mix of professions to cover the resources needed for a handful of items. MT just needs a Draconian deflector, BRD bracers, Onyxia attunement neck and maybe a couple of other spire drops.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

I don't know if others recall which guild it was, but there was a group clearing WOtLK raids in iLvl capped gear - 200 I think is what they used to clear Ulduar 10.

Would be interesting to see a guild attempt to clear Classic Content in just "of the X" green gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I don't know if others recall which guild it was, but there was a group clearing WOtLK raids in iLvl capped gear - 200 I think is what they used to clear Ulduar 10.

Would be interesting to see a guild attempt to clear Classic Content in just "of the X" green gear.
    I remember them, they killed a few bosses in ICC at least. Don't remember the name either tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    I remember them, they killed a few bosses in ICC at least. Don't remember the name either tho.
    Wow, I could see them maybe getting a few of the ToC bosses I guess, but apart from maybe Gunship, there was a big difference between Ulduar 10 and ICC10. Unless this was with the 30% buff or however high it went; then it's less so
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Don’t you just hate how retail gates content behind reputation wall?

/ducks for cover...
    Only it's super easy to grind rep on retail and you can be Revered with basically any faction in under 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    You can grind it in about 10 to 12 hours. So if a group of at least 25 - 30 people aren't grinding the rep by killing trash resets by Friday night, there wont be a Rag kill this weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the MC trash resets are much faster than single mob grinding, plus, if your not human, good luck with that.

You can also farm the rep from elementals in silithis.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post

This would Undergeared, the project by Gevlon, better known as the Greedy Goblin.

Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    It's comical to me the lengths to which people will go to tryhard a game players better than them comprehensively beat, well over a decade ago, and arguably when it was much more difficult. They'll prove nothing to no one, except perhaps how unhinged they are. I understand people like different things, but this mentality is completely outside my comprehension.

What a time to live in.
    Heh, no joking. I remember raiding with 8 debuff slot on bosses. People are not even getting the "harder" patches to start raiding. I wonder how long some of these guys would take with the earlier patches. Anyways this thing of "world first" in the classic servers is as crazy as saying I will be world first in the threaters to watch a re release "Star Wars: A New Hope".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    You'd be surprised how many people are out there that play WoW like 19-20 hours a day. Considering that, it's definitely possible to get to 60 in 5 days especially if you're in groups.

These people are absolutely insane, especially considering that they're racing something most players won't care about... but anyways, it should be possible in theory
    Seens very unhealthy and dangerous as well. Imagine dying (for real) because you are trying to get world "first" in a game that came out over a decade ago...

Also as Classic will stay classic forever there is no need to rush to Molten Core. Servers will be like this for years, it won't be upgraded to The Burning Crusade. Unless their plan is to do all the content classic will have (thats until Naxx) and then quit the game.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    This would Undergeared, the project by Gevlon, better known as the Greedy Goblin.
    Ty

Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    Heh, no joking. I remember raiding with 8 debuff slot on bosses. People are not even getting the "harder" patches to start raiding. I wonder how long some of these guys would take with the earlier patches. Anyways this thing of "world first" in the classic servers is as crazy as saying I will be world first in the threaters to watch a re release "Star Wars: A New Hope".

- - - Updated - - -

Seens very unhealthy and dangerous as well. Imagine dying (for real) because you are trying to get world "first" in a game that came out over a decade ago...

Also as Classic will stay classic forever there is no need to rush to Molten Core. Servers will be like this for years, it won't be upgraded to The Burning Crusade. Unless their plan is to do all the content classic will have (thats until Naxx) and then quit the game.
    I like how dumb people can't grasp the fact that different people value doing different things, or that people will die in under a week on 4-5 hours of sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    Heh, no joking. I remember raiding with 8 debuff slot on bosses. People are not even getting the "harder" patches to start raiding. I wonder how long some of these guys would take with the earlier patches.
    You reminded me of doing MC as a paladin and being responsible for keeping up 5 minute buffs on 40 people /suicide.
    Last edited by Gorsameth; 2019-08-29 at 08:44 AM.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death