Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I mean as far as I can tell this is literally not possible based on rep requirements with Hydraxian Waterlords, but I might be missing some detail.

Either way I don't really see the point. Classic WoW isn't designed to be MLG speed-cleared. Not a lot of people are going to care if you "world first" ancient content.
    The rep can be farmed. And you can do it while leveling so you "save" time doing it.

Without having seen the video or read this topic (so I might fall for bait), if they do manage to clean MC within a week, I will eat non existent fedora.

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Don’t you just hate how retail gates content behind reputation wall?

/ducks for cover...
    There's a slight difference between a rep grind to honored and blocking (now) core features behind weeks worth of grinding though

The amount of time and account-sharing that you'd need to full-clear MC in the first week is ridiculous.

First you'd need to get ~30 people to level 57+, which is easily 4-5 days of real time at the very least, and then spam dungeons for gear and fire resist for the main tank, not to mention getting enough people doing the questline for quintessences, which involves multiple trips back and forth between Azshara and Blackrock Mountain...you'd pretty much need to be playing non-stop for the entire week just to barely make it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I mean isn't the world record for leveling 1-60 back in vanilla something like 4 days? That could technically leave them 3 days to get it down.

Of course assuming we have 30+ people who are able to match that world record.
    Joana did it in 4 days 20 hours played time in 7 days real time, but that was solo. I don't know if groups could do any better, or if not being hunters would bog them down, but I am highly skeptical. Still its interesting that people will try as long as they don't kill themselves.
    Last edited by draynay; 2019-08-14 at 05:07 PM.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    The amount of time and account-sharing that you'd need to full-clear MC in the first week is ridiculous.

First you'd need to get ~30 people to level 57+, which is easily 3-4 days of real time at the very least, and then spam dungeons for gear and fire resist for the main tank, not to mention getting enough people doing the questline for quintessences, which involves multiple trips back and forth between Azshara and Blackrock Mountain...you'd pretty much need to be playing non-stop for the entire week just to barely make it.
    I think that's the plan. And the hardcore guilds trying it will have friends with lvl 20 warlocks set up so they can summon and make the travel very fast

Highly unlikely that they will reach level 60 in a week with 30+ people. EVEN IF they managed to do that.
    They still gotta farm pre-raid gears and fire resist gears
    and do the rep grind
    and do the attunement quest
    and do the quest chain to get ability to do Mojo and Rag

Yeah, Week 1 kill is NOT happening. Week 2, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Luckily it is one of the few bosses that need something special to summon from raids.
    You need to grind brood of nozdormu reputation just to open the gates to ahn qiraj. You need argent dawn reputation to get into naxx(though you can get in with less but be prepared to pay.).

I don't doubt it. He'll have a dungeon spam cleave group to power to 60 and then a guild of 500 people to cherry pick from.

This is not his first rodeo.

Quote Originally Posted by durenas View Post
    I look forward to week 2 when everyone laughs.
    Why all the hate? He's trying to achieve something and everyone is a negative nancy.
    Granted, I have no idea who this person is...

Quote Originally Posted by phattsao View Post
    The odds of even getting 30 people to 60 in a week are low.
    You vastly over estimate Rags if you think it needs 30people to down him. Even back in vanilla, average guilds were downing him with 15-20 core players and the rest would just die with the first Knock back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    Why all the hate? He's trying to achieve something and everyone is a negative nancy.
    Granted, I have no idea who this person is...
    Because he's the quarterback with the cheerleader girlfriend.

Srsly, do people really care who's gonna get the "classic" world firsts?

Don't get me wrong, I am super excited about Classic coming out and I can't wait to level, raid, pvp etc... but I don't see how anyone is excited to see bosses getting killed again at lvl60 after so many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    I’d be in favor of a week 1 level cap of 50 just to get some limited moderation.
    Or you know, let people take personal responsibility for their lives.

If they want to play 20hrs a day for a week then let them. If something detrimental happens because of it, then so be it. Adults can make their own choices. And if it's a minour, then there should be an adult supervising.

It's not Blizzards job.

Week 1 rag is totally possible, but really difficult.

It requires 40 people no lifing for a week who are good levelers, avid farmers, and skilled pve players.

You will need fire res pots for rag since gear will be so low.

Your healers can probably get away with being 58. Dps really ought to be 60 and your tanks will fare much better with some gear. Leveling to 60 takes—what 120 hours for the best in the world?

The game comes out on Monday at 3pm pdt. Basic napkin math says it’s like 168 - 192 hours for first extra Monday hours + a full lockout week. Best case scenario, let’s say, you level in 135 hours. That only leaves you with 33 hours to farm get gear and soft reset the raid repeatedly and sleep. You can likely do a week with 12 hours of sleep interspersed. Every 5 man can be done in under 45 min with a solid group of players and a good strat—yes, even in blues and greens—Emperor and Wyrmthalakk probably take the longest. So a non wipe cycle through is like 5 hours with travel. With 21 hours after sleep deductions, some people will be tasked to spend dungeons running time gathering alchemy mats. You probably want to leave 10-12 hours for mc. So maybe 2 cycles through the dungeons for gear, hopefully your alchemists have made enough greatercfire res pots.

To get past aqual and rep issues, the raid can soft reset repeatedly. The monster respawns in mc before you kill bosses are pretty quick. And if all raiders leave the instance for 30 min (at least it worked like this in real 1.12 in 06) the instance ‘soft resets’. In the day, we’d use this primarily for farming the goblins before Vael.

Hell, you don’t need 40 people to farm trash, so during a soft reset wait, could probably split 10 off to go run a fast ubrs or emp run.

Assuming it works the same way, a raid can go in and farm the rep, then once at the correct rep, could then kill bosses for the quest. If the ability to soft reset instances has been taken away, then I don’t think week 1 rag is possible.

But if you can, a highly organized group could do it.
    Last edited by sourlol; 2019-08-14 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I mean isn't the world record for leveling 1-60 back in vanilla something like 4 days? That could technically leave them 3 days to get it down.

Of course assuming we have 30+ people who are able to match that world record.
    It's closer to 5 days, and that was a hunter playing on a dead server. This isn't possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by durenas View Post
    You need to grind brood of nozdormu reputation just to open the gates to ahn qiraj. You need argent dawn reputation to get into naxx(though you can get in with less but be prepared to pay.).
    Ya, if you have the trinket you can just farm undead shit and Scholo/Strath to get all the rep you need. Most people will be at least half way there from running dungeons and questing in EPL and WPL.

10+ Year Old Account
    At 37:50 when asked directly if they're going for a Week 1 Rag kill he answers "Maybe not."

So I don't see much to gloat about if they don't get it done since he sounds pretty realistic and not boastful.
    /s

Did everyone forget the amount of fire resist gear farming that needs to be done? That used to be, and will be a thing again.

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    You vastly over estimate Rags if you think it needs 30people to down him. Even back in vanilla, average guilds were downing him with 15-20 core players and the rest would just die with the first Knock back.
    Maybe several months after BWL came out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.