Thread: Garbage PVP

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Garbage PVP

So let me get this straight.

Tanks aren't allowed to do damage in pvp, therefor they're garbage. Well unless you're one of those guys who thinks zooming around the fight and interrupting randoms, and using some short cc, is actually contributing in any meaningful way.

Ranged dps are garbage in pvp because they can't kite anything, can't cast while moving, nor are they able to survive, so in most situations they just get piled on by melee.
    Only exception being BM hunter, but these do so little burst damage, that eventually they run out of cc and gap makers, and their melee target is nowhere near dead.

So basically, unless you're a melee dps, you should just stay away from pvp altogether.

Oh, and also you need to do some serious PVE in order to be good geared for PVP, because PVP gear is worse than what some decently high m+ gives.

"But...but...but ARENA!"
    Ninja, fuck your arena, it's even more niche content than PVP as a whole in this game.

Where are the PVP devs? Do they even play their own game?
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2019-08-15 at 06:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    okey... i guess?

u haven't met a destro lock yet my friend

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose everyone apart from melee dps is going to delete their characters now.

Thanks OP!
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

It always has been meleecraft for quite long time.

PVP in retail wow is dead.
    At least classic brings back gear actually being meaningful in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    PVP in retail wow is dead.
    At least classic brings back gear actually being meaningful in pvp.
    LoL Classic PvP, nice meme, but i guess its the best form of pvp, grind without any modicum of skill required.....the perfect mode for the skillless unwashed masses.

Abysmal class design and too much homogenization combined with offensive and defensive cool downs being way too strong have basically turned the game into a complete joke.

Positioning, timing your engagements as melee, pre-kiting as a caster, professions and so many other aspects of pre MoP WoW are barely important to basically gone. PVP nowadays especially BGs just look like a retarded cluster fuck blob of people smashing PVE rotations into each other with zero thought.

Classic will be a good start and I really hope it does well enough for Blizzard to follow through to WOTLK. It is actually amazing if you play a private wrath server to see how much better the 2009 version of the game was than the shit pile we have today.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    LoL Classic PvP, nice meme, but i guess its the best form of pvp, grind without any modicum of skill required.....the perfect mode for the skillless unwashed masses.
    Classic pvp is fun though, that's all that matters .

Casting while moving is the biggest cancer this game ever had to suffer, so get out. And who cares about tanks.
    Agree on the gear part tho. Imho there should be separate gear for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Abysmal class design and too much homogenization combined with offensive and defensive cool downs being way too strong have basically turned the game into a complete joke.

Positioning, timing your engagements as melee, pre-kiting as a caster, professions and so many other aspects of pre MoP WoW are barely important to basically gone. PVP nowadays especially BGs just look like a retarded cluster fuck blob of people smashing PVE rotations into each other with zero thought.

Classic will be a good start and I really hope it does well enough for Blizzard to follow through to WOTLK. It is actually amazing if you play a private wrath server to see how much better the 2009 version of the game was than the shit pile we have today.
    Pretty much that. I don't know how they don't understand it at this point.

The problem with retail pvp is that there's too many ways to stop casters. 15 second interrupts with 20second (rogue) stuns. Cloak of shadows, bubbles, anti magic shell... the list goes on.

Sure my warlock has a lot of CC but every one of those CCs can be mitigated or locked out.
    Cast fear, you see it coming and can prepare - you can kick, stun, cloak, vanish, etc
    Skillcoil - there's a chance you can cloak or vanish it. If not, trinket.
    Shadowfury has a cast time - same parameters as fear
    Felguard Stun - Shares DRs with TONS of other classes. 30second CD so I can't stun your stun (stalemate).

The biggest CC is just running behind a caster. You negate all my damage this way.

So how do you fix this? Allow counter play. The game used to have disarms. In retail i believe there is only 1. Disarms are the equivalent of an interrupt. I'm not saying "all casters should have a disarm" rather i think some MELEE, should have disarms over interrupts. Monks, Warriors, Survival Hunters, should have disarm baseline.

I also think that casters like Frost Mages should have the ability when kicked to increase the kick CD on the enemy who used it.

Time for work
    TLDR - I agree with you OP. Infact, i've agreed with you since Vanilla.

5+ Year Old Account
    It's been World of Meleecraft since at least the beginning of Legion. Casters may be OK (and barely at that) in 3v3, but they get steamrolled everywhere else. Melee's mobility (especially leather wearers) needs to be seriously toned down, with PvE accommodating for it.

And do something about interrupts and other moves which can be used as such. Right now, between spammable slows, low cd interrupts, stuns, disorients, run-throughs, death grip etc. it is very easy to completely lock a caster down.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Get back on the meds and relax man

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    It's been World of Meleecraft since at least the beginning of Legion. Casters may be OK (and barely at that) in 3v3, but they get steamrolled everywhere else. Melee's mobility (especially leather wearers) needs to be seriously toned down, with PvE accommodating for it.

And do something about interrupts and other moves which can be used as such. Right now, between spammable slows, low cd interrupts, stuns, disorients, run-throughs, death grip etc. it is very easy to completely lock a caster down.
    That’s why you usually stack casters like destro/fire and you wish you have enough stops because you have to stop fear/chaos bolt/poly/greater pyro while healer’s freecasting

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    Lol, retail PvP, nice meme

PvP died after wotlk tbh, when healers became immortal and it started taking really long time to kill other players. Treating pvp as a separated/instanced entity with hyper balance killed it. TBC probably had the best pvp balance, fun/balance ratio.
    Last edited by Sinraye; 2019-08-24 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Tell Mr. Kaleiki a nice "Fuck you" if you write him on twitter ( https://twitter.com/ckaleiki ). Tell him that his focus on rated pvp sucks, and that he should stick his hardcore gamer bias up his ass and design the game for the people who play it.

Thank you.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

boyy, when the tank carry your flag/cart to the win or defending well your arathi basin base, suddenly he isnt garbage?

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    So let me get this straight.

Tanks aren't allowed to do damage in pvp, therefor they're garbage. Well unless you're one of those guys who thinks zooming around the fight and interrupting randoms, and using some short cc, is actually contributing in any meaningful way.

Ranged dps are garbage in pvp because they can't kite anything, can't cast while moving, nor are they able to survive, so in most situations they just get piled on by melee.
    Only exception being BM hunter, but these do so little burst damage, that eventually they run out of cc and gap makers, and their melee target is nowhere near dead.

So basically, unless you're a melee dps, you should just stay away from pvp altogether.

Oh, and also you need to do some serious PVE in order to be good geared for PVP, because PVP gear is worse than what some decently high m+ gives.

"But...but...but ARENA!"
    Ninja, fuck your arena, it's even more niche content than PVP as a whole in this game.

i guess you have never seen high rated rbg's, where literally the entire setup you are complaining about is heavily favorited (caster cleaves, demon hunter tanks)
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow