Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by sourlol View Post
    Most classes have tools to run.

Iirc, only warriors, priests, and warlocks have no escape mechanisms.

Mage, sheep and run
    Hunter trap and run
    Druid, being a Druid
    Sham shock wolf run
    Paladin bubble hearth
    Rogue vanish...or just stay in stealth in first place
    For that junk, hunter has to get out of combat in the first place to lay a trap. Also, Warriors have Intimidating Shout, Priests have Psychic Scream, and Warlocks have Fear.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Just go play a rogue and notice how it's easy to drop combat and restart your entire bullshit.
    Already said, I do have a rogue I play. Honestly, out of all of mine, that character has a tendency to get stuck in combat ... especially assassination.

Sounds as though there may be an exploit that allows stealth without dropping combat, but a rogue doesn't naturally drop combat now any easier than it has in the past from what I've seen.

In any case, the point of this was you bitching about BfA because it's so buggy and unfair, as if Vanilla didn't have problems. I liked in WSG dropping the flag and grabbing it again when I was about 20 yards away. Just one example.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Hes right though.
    The unfairness made WoW fun.
    Only if you were on the side bullying the less fortunate. Nobody got repeatedly murdered due to unfair mechanics and sat there really enjoying their day.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Already said, I do have a rogue I play. Honestly, out of all of mine, that character has a tendency to get stuck in combat ... especially assassination.

Sounds as though there may be an exploit that allows stealth without dropping combat, but a rogue doesn't naturally drop combat now any easier than it has in the past from what I've seen.

In any case, the point of this was you bitching about BfA because it's so buggy and unfair, as if Vanilla didn't have problems. I liked in WSG dropping the flag and grabbing it again when I was about 20 yards away. Just one example.
    No there is no "as if". I said something and it stops there, no need to imagine a comparison that I didn't mention.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    He is right???

You people simply misuse "diminishing returns" term. CC like sheep in PvP never lasted full duration, but could be reapplied and would last regardless how long it lasted before that or how many times it was applied. By the definition it is "no diminishing returns".
    There is DR on stuns, also other spells such as scatter shot putting DR on freezing trap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    That's just not how it works. There are diminishing returns on sheep in pvp. Hell, the player will eventually become immune to polymorph
    Immunity is temporary for about 15 seconds, after which you can restart the bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by csguba View Post
    There is DR on stuns, also other spells such as scatter shot putting DR on freezing trap.
    From my understanding Cheap Shot have no DR with Kidney Shot...not even in wrath of the lich king
    Something exclusive to rogues?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Immunity is temporary for about 15 seconds, after which you can restart the bullshit.
    The bullshit still has diminishing returns. It lasts less and less until the target becomes immune

Quote Originally Posted by solarfallz View Post
    No, RANDOM STUNS were taken off of shared DR with CONTROLLED STUNS. Stuns in general ALWAYS HAD DIMINISHING RETURNS, since long before the release of the game.

Off the top of my head I could think of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZIg4OZlA-4&t=1m40s as one of the earlier PVP video showing a DR immunity (fear in this case). This video was released during patch 1.3.

- - - Updated - - -

You are objectively wrong. The 4th time you cast sheep on someone he will be completely immune. This has been true since beta.
    I believe this to be the case too. Mace Spec stuns and in BC Stormherald stuns were not on DR (unlike other stuns) iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    From my understanding Cheap Shot have no DR with Kidney Shot...not even in wrath of the lich king
    Some spells have diminishing returns with each other, others don't. 2 cheap shots share dr, 2 kidneys share dr. Cheap shot and kidney don't.

While scatter and trap share dr even though they're different types of cc. Vanilla is weird like that

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    iirc there are 3 types of stuns in Classic

Controlled stuns - Bash, Intercept, Cheap Shot, etc.
    Random Stuns - Mace stun, Blackout, Impact (no DR)
    Kidney Shot - on it's own DR for some reason?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    If they were in combat before they sheeped, yeah.
    Casting sheep in classic and upto Cataclysm always put you into combat IIRC. In SSC we had to to countdown synchronized sheeps using multiple mages while pulling those massive naga packs since sheeping put the entire team into combat and pulled agro on entire grp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    For that junk, hunter has to get out of combat in the first place to lay a trap. Also, Warriors have Intimidating Shout, Priests have Psychic Scream, and Warlocks have Fear.
    That's why hunters have a macro to feing death and use the trap virtually at the same time.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    I see no reason it wouldn't work in a manner similar to gouge. Except that gouge sort of forced the user to stop engaging as well <.< So once the rogue got to 5 seconds post gouge (talented gouge lasted about 5.5 seconds), they just dropped combat and entered stealth possibly lining up a sap/sprint/gtfo or cheapshot stun continuation.

For ai controlled opponents this was not the case however.
    You just gave me some ptsd flashbacks of the amount of time I've spent sitting on top of a flare before realizing that the rogue elected to peace out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    You just gave me some ptsd flashbacks of the amount of time I've spent sitting on top of a flare before realizing that the rogue elected to peace out.
    oh man... did you ever just set your pet to aggressive and wait?

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    oh man... did you ever just set your pet to aggressive and wait?
    Sometimes, but that was risky against some rogues. If it was a random rogue I might give it a shot. But if it was a rogue I knew, I likely knew them because they'd shown me in the past how much of a mistake it was to let them open up at all. Those fights were some of the most fun though, almost psychological in nature, devolving into a game of trying to juke eachother into making a mistake with set up/impatience. Once the actual combat began; it was usually clear how it would end based on how we ended up entering combat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.