Page 1 of 3
LastLast

So, are the San'layn gonna join us?

There was a lot of talk about them joining the horde, I nkow htey are an independent group atm, free from the Lich King, but worked with the horde in 8.0, do you reckon they'll join the horde specificlally the blood elves? Or will they be more with the horde Dks or Sylvanas?

The ones willing to cooperate with Sylvanas were destroyed by the Alliance in their War Campaign.

On the other hand, Blizzard is pulling shit out of their asses so fast these days that the rectum of their devs could double as a Rail gun, so why the fuck not? San'Layn for everyone!

Doubt it, they're never shown to be operating with the Horde TO the Horde. Only Alliance (who kill the remaining ones).

Given their missing presence in 8.1 -> 8.2, I would say they were obliterated by the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    We rekt their emo asses, all of them. For the Alliance!

I think the last of them was wiped out in the alliance campaign

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't Shandris and company put their collective foot in the Draven (RIP gnome slamdunk champion)and his cohorts asses?

The san'layn were very very VERY small in number and yeh alliance hit them hard.

History shows us that Blizzard tend to give horde players what they want if they ask for it(straight back orcs, gold eyed belves, etc) so it is not impossible, but there is no sign they are coming this expansion.

Maybe if Blizzard does not toss the allied race system to the curb, and next expansion is indeed shadowlands themed, it would give people their vampires AND their dark rangers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Andonais View Post
    The san'layn were very very VERY small in number and yeh alliance hit them hard.
    TBF, being very very VERY few in numbers didn't stop Blizz from adding Velves as an allied race :P Gameplay > lore, lore can be bent if/when needed, they only use lore as an excuse, when they really don't want to or can't add something for whatever reason.

They dont exist anymore as far as i know, we killed the last ones

It depends if they will continue their story after their defeat in the Alliance campaign. I find it odd that you never even saw them from a Horde perspective (unless you visit the neighbouring ship during the underwater mission), so I doubt that they will become playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurmech View Post
    History shows us that Blizzard tend to give horde players what they want if they ask for it(straight back orcs, gold eyed belves, etc) so it is not impossible, but there is no sign they are coming this expansion.

Maybe if Blizzard does not toss the allied race system to the curb, and next expansion is indeed shadowlands themed, it would give people their vampires AND their dark rangers.
    Lets also not forget Suramar. Those Belf fans latched on to it, now even go around considering themselves as highborne just so they could fit more into the "new Elves" in Suramar - not realising they are very old elves. Try telling them these are the night elves of the kaldorei empire still in that culture- you'd get them telling you they're nothing like the night elves, and have more in common with the blood elves. They've said it so many times to themselves, the more in common has gorwn to near identical when all it is that, both have societies who fully love and embrace arcane - that's like two cultures having a love for engineering, and both have ornate civicivilizations, never mind all the details have differences, often opposites too

But horde fans asked for it, horde fans got it.

Horde fansdon't want evil horde or aggressive Sylvannas, blizzard is gonna change their whole story... wanna bet the horde comes out again once more the shining victor the lionshare of the main story is focused on expanding and detailing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    There was a lot of talk about them joining the horde, I nkow htey are an independent group atm, free from the Lich King, but worked with the horde in 8.0, do you reckon they'll join the horde specificlally the blood elves? Or will they be more with the horde Dks or Sylvanas?
    The Alliance more or less nipped that bud before it became a thing, as the San'layn who had sided with Sylvanas were killed in precision strikes by the 7th Legion.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Eh. Those bastards didn't really like even working under Sylvanas. I doubt they'll join anyone. Merely decide they're superior and we're all food.

Official word from the story team is we killed them all in the Alliance War Campaign

Remember, they said going forward when considering Allied Races they would look at the community for what to add. Then they've gone on to explicitly deconfirm almost every single race that has a huge community following, with the only races we have any datamined hints of being added being ones they started work on while the game was still in closed beta (Vulpera model overhaul and animations, "JunkerGnome" data).

No san'layn. People are already cringy enough without playing Twilight Elves. We have DH's and DK's. Our dark and edgy quota is doing just fine.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

5+ Year Old Account
    Horde in need of counterpart for Alliance Werewolves

So be ready to suck, their blood.
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2019-08-18 at 02:39 AM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Damn, I'm a Horde player. Where do I go to get Blizzard to design the game around my person wants?

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think they're all dead now.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!