Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Islands are trash
    Warfronts are trash
    Azerite power is trash
    World Quests are trash
    PVP is trash

Mythic+ and Mythic raids are nice but the amount of bullshit you need to do to keep your character relevant isn't worth it for me anymore.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    They absolutely were not decided before she was hired. The pre-patch and 8.0 was decided but then she's had her grubby hands involved with everything else, which is why the Sylvanas is aggressively a cartoon villain and the story direction is making the Horde to be Alliance but in red.
    The main storyline for any expansion is determined years in advance of release. This is not a secret. Afrasiabi is creative director and as far as I know once Kosak left to go to Hearthstone the "team" fills out the main points. Golden specifically has been involved with writing dialogue for cinematics. No one has said that she's in charge of plotting the entire expansion.

I don't really give a damn whether or not you like her but at least have your facts in order. If you have some hard evidence that she wrote the expansion I'll wait patiently for you to produce it. Be aware of timelines though. BfA was announced at Blizzcon November 3rd, 2017. Golden announced that she was going full time with Blizzard just a month before. It's ridiculous to think that they announced BfA without having written out the plot for all of it since that drives art and music.

Then there's this:
    She has since then written lines for the Argus the Unmaker cinematics which were already in production, and her first big contribution were the Legion Faction Epilogue cinematics, working with Terran Gregory.[6] She was also present in the studio when they recorded the lines with the voice actors.[7] She has also written the lyrics for the trailer of Hearthstone: Kobolds and Catacombs[8] and Hearthstone: The Witchwood along with Andrew Robinson.[9] Golden writes the scripts and dialogues for most of the in-game cinematics in World of Warcraft,[10] with help from Terran Gregory.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Christie_Golden

If you've got different facts, bring them. Personally, I think the plot line reeks of Kosak and Afrasiabi. Shock for shock's sake. Events happening with little or no set up. Stuff that an established writer of dozens of novels is really unlikely to do. I'm not saying she would do any better but if you have any idea how long the lead times are at Blizzard you would know that work on BFA started years before release and the very first thing they do is establish the broad outlines of the story.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-08-18 at 08:42 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I tried to play BfA again because I renewed my sub for Classic. I barely could play it. Tried doing the Nazjatar stuff on my 120 main, felt pointless and made zero fun. Then I tried leveling my Paladin from 110 to 120. Was a bit more fun yet felt boring, too. BfA is just a snooze fest and feels ultimately meaningless to play for me. Classic can’t come soon enough and so can’t xpac 8.

And don’t get me started with the absurd and horrible Azerite and faction war story. It drags everything down even more in BfA. Audiovisuals are the only redeeming factor of this expansion.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    Problem with warfronts is that they are not replayable.

Yes, I enjoyed watching the story unfold in them and being able to "role-play" within the battle itself. They are a fun way of telling a story, but that's it, and it's a one-time only thing.

A PvP option for Warfront would have been great, just like for islands, that would make them replayable for me.
    Not sure how that would have made them replayable. It would still be the same shit over and over again, it's not like CTF changes drastically, just because your next set or random match made boobs suddenly run 3 meter to the left than the previous guys when going for the objective. They could have added more variation, sure, but frankly it would still be just another BG with a bastardized DotA gimmik. They tried to adress that with the heroic version by adding some "encounters" outside of the enemy fort, but in practice it's still the same. The whole system wouldn't have worked, as the purpose is to change a zone by giving some context. If it was a PvP battle then the whole one side stats with a disadvantage wouldn't have worked, as you could just rofl stomp them. A PvP version would have required a complete redesign and wouldn't have been warfronts, it would have been a BG and nothing else.

Boss encounters in BfA are more fun and I was sick of seeing so much Fel in Legion.

Anyway, both expansions are much better than WoD or CATA. Around the same level as MoP and worse than the original trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post
    8.2 is the best patch in wow history.
    No it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrihm View Post
    Don't forget:

- Warmode is a failure
    - "Catchup" gear is better than mythic raid gear
    How is War mode a "Failure"

Mythic ilvl is 445.. what catch up gear is ilvl 445 and where do you get it?

Everything but BoD is of poor quality in this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    How is War mode a "Failure"

Mythic ilvl is 445.. what catch up gear is ilvl 445 and where do you get it?
    benthic 425 gear is better than mythic 445 gear

BfA is still inferior when it comes to how much the game allows you to minmax your char as Blizzard tried to simply the game. It would already be a big improvement if there were no costs associated with changing Azerite traits.

Apart from that, sure if you play rogue or dh you might actually enjoy BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    *inb4 the Classic Zealots start flaming and derail the thread.*
    yeah, because BFA fanboys never, ever go into the Classic subforum just to shitpost that they hate Classic and it sucks and it's just nostalgia and going to "fail" and.....oh wait, they do that literally every day

lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything aside from the story point is subjective. I honestly think BfA's only massive and glaring flaw is the story direction. But that's what happens when you hire Christie Golden.
    Who would you hire?

BFA for me is by far the worst xpac of all time for me. Wod was terrible for content drought. This xpac is literally bad everywhere and there is no easy way for them to fix it. The classes and specs are braindead barebones specs with no depth which in turn makes them tune mythic fights to ridiculous lengths which does nothing but wipe out guilds across the board at all ranks. I've also never seen less people playing the game at any point in its history so people throwing out subjective bs like look around you there's barely anyone that logs in on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    yeah, because BFA fanboys never, ever go into the Classic subforum just to shitpost that they hate Classic and it sucks and it's just nostalgia and going to "fail" and.....oh wait, they do that literally every day

lol
    Classic fanboys have brought it upon themselves. They have been nothing but insufferable ever since Nostalrius was shut down.
    Who'd have thunk they wouldn't like the taste of their own medicine. Bunch of hypocrites.

Problem with warfronts is that they are not replayable.

Yes, I enjoyed watching the story unfold in them and being able to "role-play" within the battle itself. They are a fun way of telling a story, but that's it, and it's a one-time only thing.

A PvP option for Warfront would have been great, just like for islands, that would make them replayable for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I personally didn't experience pruning like tanks and dps players did, since I play healers exclusively.

On my healers, all 6 actions bars are loaded with raw abilities, trinkets, consumables(healthstones/biscuits/PvEpots/etc), PvP talents, Macros(mouseover mind control/chastise/stopcast/smite/purge/penace/etc). Having to find space for my essence ability was actually a chore since I had to memorize two new binds (old bind replaced with essence, forcing a total of two new binds and a discarded third bind).

- - - Updated - - -

You just said: "gear not mattering" ..... "item level mean everything"

Since Gear and ilevel are synonymous, which statement did you mean?

Yeah CRZ sucks, but it's been around long before legion/bfa.
    Pretty sure the reference was to the individual piece of gear is irrelevant because you'll get an upgrade within a week. Gear is not 'special' in the manner of you remembering and dreaming about getting that specific one piece of gear, because you are constantly fed upgrades.

This means iLvl!=gear, rather they're opposites, the constant feed of gear vs the special listed geardrop.

15+ Year Old Account
    Once again, subjective. Classes now are a lot more fun than they were in Vanilla and TBC.
    Gutted means stuff was removed. That's not subjective, that's a fact. Whether or not they are fun now is besides the point.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Because:

- Island expeditions are terrible
    - Warfronts are terrible
    - The story is godawful
    - The Azerite armor system is bland and not compelling
    - Zone design was lackluster for most zones
    - Specs were gutted and play terribly
    - Gated grinds are the new normal
    - There just isn't anything exciting happening in game
    Odd i liked all that stuff you listed so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    benthic 425 gear is better than mythic 445 gear
    Yeah.. tell me anyone who's using benthic for M+ and i'll believe you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I tried to play BfA again because I renewed my sub for Classic. I barely could play it. Tried doing the Nazjatar stuff on my 120 main, felt pointless and made zero fun. Then I tried leveling my Paladin from 110 to 120. Was a bit more fun yet felt boring, too. BfA is just a snooze fest and feels ultimately meaningless to play for me. Classic can’t come soon enough and so can’t xpac 8.

And don’t get me started with the absurd and horrible Azerite and faction war story. It drags everything down even more in BfA. Audiovisuals are the only redeeming factor of this expansion.
    I did the same, I am now spending my time ingame leveling an alt

Why so much hate for this expansion. Legion and BFA have been a blast.
    For me personally, its because of what they did to the classes starting in Legion. There's plenty I could pick apart about the systems across both xpacs but honestly I would have put up with all those gripes if I still enjoyed playing my class. But because of what they did to classes in Legion and it getting worse in BFA I ended up burning out. Legion was already bad to me, and BFA just doubled down on the worst aspects in worse ways.

Honestly I was already burnt out halfway through legion I was just too in the routine to realize it. By the time I was getting through Uldir I was playing terribly and not looking forward to logging in for raid at all. Glad my guild at the time gave me the wake up call it did.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.