Poll: What's your favourite type of Night elf?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Because those common night elfs don't exist anymore. You are wood elfs now. And that's good cause diversity. The only wood elf style elf race even. It would be boring if all warcraft elves would just cosplay as Noldor.
    The thing is that Alliance's final plan is to make high elves wood elves instead and make them playable while night elves would evolve into nightborne copy so they will maintain diversity.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    The thing is that Alliance's final plan is to make high elves wood elves instead and make them playable while night elves would evolve into nightborne copy so they will maintain diversity.
    Eeew.. what a horrible plan. First of all, what is with the horde fans pushing wood elves for alliance elves..? this is Warcraft not DnD or Elder scrolls … the elven races here are a litlte bit more diverse and detailed. Wood elves by themselves are boring and 1-dimensional, however as a part of an elf race.. it's pretty cool to have.. but not as the entirety of the race

2. I think high elf fans want to be high elves - not just farstriders..while some may have picked a farstrider only identity if it meant playable high elves, they would handsdown pick the full Quel'dorei society .. because that is what forms the high elves.

3. Night elf fans do not want the night elves to be only about the nightborne side of their lore. I don't think any night elf fan wants that even the biggest pre-sundering kaldorei or arcane night elf/nightborne fans.. what they want is the night elves to have that majestic element of their race as part of their race. typically the highborne/nightborne doing their cities, the druids doing their forests and the priests doing their temples.

They don't want night elves to only be highborne types, but nor do they want them only to be druid types or only female warrior types - these are all types of the night elves that have lots of fans and followers. It's the versatility that makes them both unique and desirable.

It's fine for a night elf sub-race to be all about the arcaae, and another to be all about nature (if they do one later), just like the Illidari are all about demons, but the night elf coer race embodies all these, an arcane aspect, a nature aspect, a female priest/warrior aspect and a fel dmon hunter aspect.
    Last edited by Mace; 2019-08-25 at 11:51 PM.

Because those common night elfs don't exist anymore. You are wood elfs now. And that's good cause diversity. The only wood elf style elf race even. It would be boring if all warcraft elves would just cosplay as Noldor.
    Also @matrix123mko , @Mace

This alliance elves as wood elves is coming mostly from horde players.. jeez, I wonder why.

I certainly don't want hey "Wood elves on the alliance, magic elves on the horde" - what do you guys think we are ? stupid? one of the most attractive parts of fantasy, especially for elf fans is high magic fantasy.. do you think alliance elf fans are going to enjoy blizzard robbing the two most magically gifted elf races - the original night elf and the original high elf of their magic pedigree and relegate them only to wood elves? Sheesh... wood elves are cool as part of the night elves in the druids and sentinels and as part of the high elves in the Farstriders, not as the only thing to the night elves or the only thing to the high elves.

But it's typical, horde fans want the coolest things on their faction. they are happy to have wood elves on the alliance, to idly occasionally switch to when they're bored and so keep forcing this narrative.

The narrative in warfract has been Night elves and High (Thalassian) elves - every derivative belongs to one of the 2 groups. Blood elves are Thalassian elves, Nightborne are night elves, Void elves are Thalassian elves, highborne are Night elves.

Different groups personify different elven aspects.. druids and sentinels, as well as farstriders amongst night elves, nightborne, blood elves and high elves, represent the wood elf side. Magisters, highborne - amongst the night elves, nightborne, blood elves and high/void elves represent the magical side.

Both sides have them.

Stop trying to force the bits you don't like as much on the alliance elves, when the lore clearly shows ALL elves having aspects of both, but with their own differences. I am fine with what the lore has shown and given for the night elves,
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2019-08-26 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    @matrix , @Mace

This alliance elves as wood elves is coming mostly from horde players.. jeez, I wonder why.

I certainly don't want hey "Wood elves on the alliance, magic elves on the horde" - what do you guys think we are ? stupid? one of the most attractive parts of fantasy, especially for elf fans is high magic fantasy.. do you think alliance elf fans are going to enjoy blizzard robbing the two most magically gifted elf races - the original night elf and the original high elf of their magic pedigree and relegate them only to wood elves? Sheesh... wood elves are cool as part of the night elves in the druids and sentinels and as part of the high elves in the Farstriders, not as the only thing to the night elves or the only thing to the high elves.

But it's typical, horde fans want the coolest things on their faction. they are happy to have wood elves on the alliance, to idly occasionally switch to when they're bored and so keep forcing this narrative.

The narrative in warfract has been Night elves and High (Thalassian) elves - every derivative belongs to one of the 2 groups. Blood elves are Thalassian elves, Nightborne are night elves, Void elves are Thalassian elves, highborne are Night elves.

Different groups personify different elven aspects.. druids and sentinels, as well as farstriders amongst night elves, nightborne, blood elves and high elves, represent the wood elf side. Magisters, highborne - amongst the night elves, nightborne, blood elves and high/void elves represent the magical side.

Both sides have them.

Stop trying to force the bits you don't like as much on the alliance elves, when the lore clearly shows ALL elves having aspects of both, but with their own differences. I am fine with what the lore has shown and given for the night elves,
    It’s not only horde fans, some alliance fans too. Besides what is so bad about that, gives two opposing themes

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    It’s not only horde fans, some alliance fans too. Besides what is so bad about that, gives two opposing themes

Yes, ..however most are coming from horde fans.

The alliance fans you see up for this are those that tend to like only the sentinel/druid aspect of the night elves – cos they dig forest or an alliance fan that doesn’t care. Most of the night elf and alliance fan base actually would like their elves in high fantasy

Because blizzard has already distinguished them and not along the wood elf/magical elf line, but along the Night elf and thalassian elf line. And a lot of people like the way they’ve done it. It’s unique from most other fantasies, and it’s drawn a lot of people to like those races. Why should they change something hugely popular just for a bunch of horde elf fans that feel entitled to all elven magical expressions

Done so with different history, different aesthetic, and every department in each race has a sister in the other but different.

One is night theme, the other Light/day theme - already that is a contrasting theme. IF we go by department:

Priesthood: Moon priesthood contrast to Light Priesthood

Magocracy: Night elves emphasize higher arcane magic in form of moon/stars - high elves emphasize using the arcnae in either frost or fire. - the over riding themes contrast even though it's the same discipline.

Forestery: Night elf sentinels & huntresses contrast with Farstriders: Here the two races are most similar, the contrast being in the organisation which is tied to the structures and make up of each group separtely.

Demon hunters: two groups are identical the differneces is agian in the raec and their history - making them very different people despite having the same profession.

A rogue is a rogue, a night elf rogue willd o rogue slightly different than a blood elf rogue. The difference between the two is their story, their history, their struggles, their allegiances, their aesthetics, their colour scheme. It's far more involved than one faction is the wood elf faction and the other the magic elf faction.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2019-08-26 at 12:52 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why is there no option for a dead one or one that is now ashes after the burning of the world tree?

. Why should they change something hugely popular just for a bunch of horde elf fans that feel entitled to all elven magical expressions ]
    Why do you say that?

Why do you say that?
    Oh please, think I haven’t noticed ever since TBC horde elf fans have felt entitled to all things high elven – just because blizzard gave horde blood elves and the high elf civilization.. ever since then, they’ve tried to hate on high elves, rubbish alliance fans cries for them.. yet blizzard has kept the high elves going, and given the night elves their highborne caste and heritage too.. and this has been hugely popular with the alliance fans.

You think blizzard doesn’t see how many people went for night elf mages, cried for night elf pristine cities, went for nightborne or cried for high elves..
    If these things weren’t desired on the alliance there wouldn’t be a request for them, because in wow, both high elves and night elves were given to the alliance, only for blizzard to give the lionshare of the magical elements of both these groups to the horde

A rogue is a rogue, a night elf rogue willd o rogue slightly different than a blood elf rogue. The difference between the two is their story, their history, their struggles, their allegiances, their aesthetics, their colour scheme. It's far more involved than one faction is the wood elf faction and the other the magic elf faction.[/B]
    An additional noteworthy point to the above:

It is even more important for it not to be so in this two faction system, where the horde and alliance are defined by their character and values – there are many people who want to play a magic elf but not in the horde vein – they are fully aware their night elves have magic elves in the night/moon/stars theme, and their faction has high elves in the high elf models, history and light theme. They don’t want the part to only exist on the horde. Especially when their races had this first.

To me, the night elves feel like their own separate and unique race - this is not because they have druids and forests, but because their history and journey .. it is unique it is given apart from the Thalassian elves. So when I see their arcane elements, their cities, their hunters and sentinels .. I don't think of them as "the same as the blood elves"

Tbh, I think its people who aren't into the lore that much and really don't pay attention to their race that feel that way.. exacerbated by horde fans wanting blizzard to define alliance elves as wood elves because they feel entitled to the magic legacy of the elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Male night elves, but only during their overly dramatic death animation.
    Putin khuliyo

Also @matrix123mko , @Mace

Both sides have them.

It's not bullshit. You are just too ignorant to accept that your precious nightelves stopped being noldor elves with extra magic long ago. It is in the game and in the original warcraft 3 even when that playable was all about archers and nature magic. But go ahead. Stay ignorant and rely on insulting people.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you say that?
    It's not true. He is just salty that blizzard isn't willing to give in to outcries. He acted like that on the official forums too. Until eventually nobody answered his wall of text topics anymore. Haven't seen him in months over there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    A naked one.
    All yes the naked one is the best one.

Uh oh, the orc fetishist is angry at the elf fetishist.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Uh oh, the orc fetishist is angry at the elf fetishist.
    I don't hate Elves. I just hate ignorance.

It's not true. He is just salty that blizzard isn't willing to give in to outcries. He acted like that on the official forums too. Until eventually nobody answered his wall of text topics anymore. Haven't seen him in months over there.
    He does make some good points, if you can sift through the salt. He would do himself much good if he didn't get so salty or persist so much.. but he's too honest for that, he and his brother are like that.. I just don't get why he makes such a big deal about it.

And why they have to prove their point all the time, maybe it's a lawyer family?

I have no idea if horde elf fans are possessive about magic elves. Not that anyone would admit it, I admit was very possessive about the horde alone having blood elves for a while, I even hated the nightborne joining the horde for it.. even now i'm not sure if the real reason i hated them was because they looked like uglier night elves or because with them in the horde the blood elves didn't feel quite as special.

At this point in time, i don't really care if the horde has all the magic elves and the alliance has the forest elves. I wasn't bothered with high elves on the alliance or night elves having highborne and cities - the lore has always had that for them anyway even if the game didn't show it well until blood elves and nightborne were introduced.
    @Rozz , @Aucald (maybe you guys can explain this) - It just seems a bit weird to be so passionate about something that is already there. I mean..why make so much noise about the nightborne and how night elven their heritage is.. why write essays? This is how it is - if some people don't believe you then so what?

Just like I don't understand blood elf fans that argue about how similar the blood elves are to the nightborne, they are, or bother to argue with alliance fans that they are more similar to the blood elves, they aren't if you look at it overall - but it makes no difference, the horde got the nightborne, period.. move on - later downt hte line sure some of the nightborne might or even likely will relate to the night elves - but so?

I mean..it's a complex story, and people are interesting, so if you are going to focus on a group using the story you made, it's going to provide opportunities to show complexity.. we don't need essays on that, or 3 page long arguments on something that hasn't even happened, and if it does , well that's just how it goes, we live with it (but if they wanna have em, good luck to them).

I think wow fans are just too fixated .. that's the problem.. it's a male problem. You get fixated on one thing so much every small little thing becomes super important and it isn't.

This is why people give the developers to hard a time, the story isn't that important in the grand scheme of things to be absolutely perfect or properly reflect all the time. They're not going to be able to do it all the time.

Sure, if they focused on the nightborne again, we might get interesting developments like Ravenmoon has been posting a lot about. i have followed a few key posters before who fixate on a race, they do come up with very realistic and interesting developments.. i look at them and I think to myself.. you care far too much... blizzard probably hasn't thought twice about this. If they have a reason to focus on your favourite group or favourite aspect, then they will probably do something like you say, but this is how you people get so disappointed. Becasue when the developers don't focus on your shit, you get angry and feel they are ignoring you.. becuase you got so fixated on one aspect, their decision not to delve further into it or stay with the spotlight on it would frustrate you.

Ravenmoon fixates on night elves
    Obelisk-kai fixates on high/blood elves
    Void Fallen/Alleria Windrunner fixates on Void elves

There are a few others, on this and other forums, where they are really into one thing, sometimes they bring interesting scenarios, sometimes they really don't.. but what none of them get is that if blizzard cared so much about your favourite pet aspect, they'd have done more. they didn't, get over it, i'ts a game with many aspect,s you can't hug the limelight all the time.

I've been a big blood elf fan, but you don't see me start writing essays on how the blood e elves will develop, or would realistically approach x situation or y situation, and nor do you see me going round re-writing blood elf history like a Game of Thrones epic with the most interesting way of achieving the same outcome but in a more "realistic" way .. I mean..what a colossal waste of time.

Sure it's great if you're a fellow fan, even better if blizzard employed you to flesh out the details of the story, but keep the gist of the outcome the same in a novelisation or even short story.. but otherwise.. they're really just wasting their own time on someone elses' project, and should just learn to LET GO.

It's okay.

Wow would survive if your fave race is written into the ground or lifted up to god status.
    Last edited by Beloren; 2019-08-27 at 03:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    At this point in time, i don't really care if the horde has all the magic elves and the alliance has the forest elves. I wasn't bothered with high elves on the alliance or night elves having highborne and cities - the lore has always had that for them anyway even if the game didn't show it well until blood elves and nightborne were introduced. Rozz, Aucald (maybe you guys can explain this) - It just seems a bit weird to be so passionate about something that is already there. I mean..why make so much noise about the nightborne and how night elven their heritage is.. why write essays? This is how it is - if some people don't believe you then so what?
    I generally file it under the notion that people are passionate about things they like. Sometimes this takes the form of writing long essays on those topics, sometimes it takes the form of being frequently vocal about them, sometimes it takes the form of partisan rhetoric, etc. etc. I don't mind passion on the face of it, especially in the sense that it opens up conversations, discussions, and debates. As long it stays civil and generally well-proportioned it's all good in my book. I personally don't tend to form such strong feelings about specific things - not that you'd know that from the number of small novellas I've written in my time here in form of responses and some rolling debates with other posters.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Meteox View Post
    The best night elf is the dead night elf.
    I see, you are a man of THE HORDE as well.

He does make some good points, if you can sift through the salt. He would do himself much good if he didn't get so salty or persist so much.. but he's too honest for that, he and his brother are like that.. I just don't get why he makes such a big deal about it.

And why they have to prove their point all the time, maybe it's a lawyer family?

I have no idea if horde elf fans are possessive about magic elves. Not that anyone would admit it, I admit was very possessive about the horde alone having blood elves for a while, I even hated the nightborne joining the horde for it.. even now i'm not sure if the real reason i hated them was because they looked like uglier night elves or because with them in the horde the blood elves didn't feel quite as special.

At this point in time, i don't really care if the horde has all the magic elves and the alliance has the forest elves. I wasn't bothered with high elves on the alliance or night elves having highborne and cities - the lore has always had that for them anyway even if the game didn't show it well until blood elves and nightborne were introduced.
    @Rozz , @Aucald (maybe you guys can explain this) - It just seems a bit weird to be so passionate about something that is already there. I mean..why make so much noise about the nightborne and how night elven their heritage is.. why write essays? This is how it is - if some people don't believe you then so what?

Just like I don't understand blood elf fans that argue about how similar the blood elves are to the nightborne, they are, or bother to argue with alliance fans that they are more similar to the blood elves, they aren't if you look at it overall - but it makes no difference, the horde got the nightborne, period.. move on - later downt hte line sure some of the nightborne might or even likely will relate to the night elves - but so?

I mean..it's a complex story, and people are interesting, so if you are going to focus on a group using the story you made, it's going to provide opportunities to show complexity.. we don't need essays on that, or 3 page long arguments on something that hasn't even happened, and if it does , well that's just how it goes, we live with it (but if they wanna have em, good luck to them).

I think wow fans are just too fixated .. that's the problem.. it's a male problem. You get fixated on one thing so much every small little thing becomes super important and it isn't.

This is why people give the developers to hard a time, the story isn't that important in the grand scheme of things to be absolutely perfect or properly reflect all the time. They're not going to be able to do it all the time.

Sure, if they focused on the nightborne again, we might get interesting developments like Ravenmoon has been posting a lot about. i have followed a few key posters before who fixate on a race, they do come up with very realistic and interesting developments.. i look at them and I think to myself.. you care far too much... blizzard probably hasn't thought twice about this. If they have a reason to focus on your favourite group or favourite aspect, then they will probably do something like you say, but this is how you people get so disappointed. Becasue when the developers don't focus on your shit, you get angry and feel they are ignoring you.. becuase you got so fixated on one aspect, their decision not to delve further into it or stay with the spotlight on it would frustrate you.

Ravenmoon fixates on night elves
    Obelisk-kai fixates on high/blood elves
    Void Fallen/Alleria Windrunner fixates on Void elves

There are a few others, on this and other forums, where they are really into one thing, sometimes they bring interesting scenarios, sometimes they really don't.. but what none of them get is that if blizzard cared so much about your favourite pet aspect, they'd have done more. they didn't, get over it, i'ts a game with many aspect,s you can't hug the limelight all the time.

I've been a big blood elf fan, but you don't see me start writing essays on how the blood e elves will develop, or would realistically approach x situation or y situation, and nor do you see me going round re-writing blood elf history like a Game of Thrones epic with the most interesting way of achieving the same outcome but in a more "realistic" way .. I mean..what a colossal waste of time.

Sure it's great if you're a fellow fan, even better if blizzard employed you to flesh out the details of the story, but keep the gist of the outcome the same in a novelisation or even short story.. but otherwise.. they're really just wasting their own time on someone elses' project, and should just learn to LET GO.

It's okay.

Wow would survive if your fave race is written into the ground or lifted up to god status.
    Maybe I just really like what blizzard has done regarding the night elves and like to share that. They were the only race that initially confused me, and this drew me to them, almost like a challenge.

I actually found they were like the transformers moto: "more than meets the eyes", then "so much more than meets the eye".. and I found all these incredible things about them, that the game didn't show.. but the descriptiong in WC3 manual and the presentation in WC3 and WoW classic caused me to dig more, so I bought the WotA trilogy, and saw there was really a lot more to them and it really explained a lot of how we meet them in WC3, in time, I was able to unravel much of the enigma.. and I shared it with many people, I reckon it was because of me Mace turned from an orc fan to a night elf fan.. they just were more interesting.

And is also why I am so opposed to the idea of them being pidgeon holed as forest elves, but most of my essays are largely at people who think they are not who they are. It's one thing to accept nighte lves are forest elvs, but another to dney they are also dark elves and have the arcane as part of them and close to them.

I found once I understood them well, the introduction of the highborne,t he presentation of suramar and the Farondis, the Illidari, none of it surprised me, what was a surprise wa that they bothered to do it, but when they did it, I wasn't surprised what I saw. I was amazed at the level of detail they did for them. Felt like making up for a lot of neglect in the past year.

I felt it was niecely balanced too, the broken isles had every aspect of the night elves represented, from pre-sundering era in Suramar to long vigil vibe in Val'sharah, bot the consequence of hubris in Azsuna, but the hope for a brighter future when suramar was saved from the legion.. so the going of the nightborne to thehorde, which usually means they would become enemies of the night elves was really a blow and an annoying one too, One I felt blizzard had sacrificed quality of their story, for superficial reasons. I am still convinced most blood elf fans wanted Suramar because it looks pretty and fulfils the high magic/fantasy theme they love so much. They don't want it for the lore value, the connection tot he ngiht elves, and the hope for a wider and broader scope to this group , for expanding kaldorei arcana visibly in game (since they never showed it with tehshe'drlaar) and having a beautiful night civilziaiton in contrast ot the Thalssian one, and furthering their story there.

And yes, I also like high fantasy theme and magic, and knowing the race Iwas most attached to had it loads in their make up and lore, and having waited for a good display of it for so long, and it finally arriving, only to see it thrown over to the hohorde that already had an elven high fantasy civilization and peoples already which was also taken from the alliance, yes, it angrered me, hence why I may seem a bit salty.

I also play horde toons, so it's not like I hate the horde. I am also happy to be able to play the nightborne than not at all, so yes I would prefer them on the horde than not playable at al, still doesn't mean I like what they did. Also even if I appear salty, I actually am not as salty as you or @Garzrug may think, I do like to explain things, and I hate it when people get the record wrong. Burt if they don't believe me when I make valid points, it may be hard to accept, but I do eventually, I wouldn't argue with them forever.

You are correct. A true man of THE HORDE would see his fellow from miles away.
    People hated MoP but now many say it is the "Best" expansion. Given enough time, WoD will be the "Best" as well, I dare say.

I see a lot of the horde belf fans have voted, all of a sudden, the druidic order leap frogs the highborne Moonguard order a bit exacerbated by those orders being the least well known for the kaldorei amongst the game only fans.

But that's okay, I just needed to confirm that most of the horde blood elf fans want the night elves as forest elves. Looks like you were right. Sorry to say but that crowd is some of the most possessive and jealous bunch in wow. They hate high elves to be playable on the alliance, and they dont want the magical side of the night elves to be available to the race , because they want it exclusively on their faction. So the horde gets the high fly magic and civilization of both elven groups while the alliance gets only the wood elf stuff for both night elves and high elves.

Consistently at the top has been the Prder of Elune, despite its popularity from WC3, it is nowmlagging behind the other groups in terms of exposure. However 8.1 was mainly about them, hence their predictable rise in popularity.

I was surprised that the demon hunters were so low at first, not surprised at the wardens who were a distant lady, but sadly the results are skewed by jealous horde blood elf fans who have piled on and voted for everything but the highborne/Moonguard order. The number of votes to the druids , wardens and demon hunters rose by the exact same amount, while the highborne order did not rise.

This is a targeted sabotage, and I know who is behind it..I will just say to them, no matter how you pile on votes like this to skew results, you cant stop how popular the nightborne or night elf highborne is..showing the night elven arcane civilization is hugely popular.

What a lot of the biased fools dont realise is that the popularity of the nightborne and the night elf mage.

The metric for the earlier sample was consistent with my predictions
    The vote bomb tampering also exposed the horde nelf players
    Despite the tampering, I got to see how truly popular things were, night elven arcana is more popular than druidsm, the Order of Elune is surprisingly the most popular, Illidan/Maiev characters are more popular than I thought they would be - I should have added Famdral Staghelm/Queen Azshara.
    I noticed forests had a slim lead, but they got a massive boost in line with the horde belf fan vote bump, I estimate their like is still the most popular, but not by the margin the pole currently shows.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe I just really like what blizzard has done regarding the night elves and like to share that. They were the only race that initially confused me, and this drew me to them, almost like a challenge.

I actually found they were like the transformers moto: "more than meets the eyes", then "so much more than meets the eye".. and I found all these incredible things about them, that the game didn't show.. but the descriptiong in WC3 manual and the presentation in WC3 and WoW classic caused me to dig more, so I bought the WotA trilogy, and saw there was really a lot more to them and it really explained a lot of how we meet them in WC3, in time, I was able to unravel much of the enigma.. and I shared it with many people, I reckon it was because of me Mace turned from an orc fan to a night elf fan.. they just were more interesting.

And is also why I am so opposed to the idea of them being pidgeon holed as forest elves, but most of my essays are largely at people who think they are not who they are. It's one thing to accept nighte lves are forest elvs, but another to dney they are also dark elves and have the arcane as part of them and close to them.

I found once I understood them well, the introduction of the highborne,t he presentation of suramar and the Farondis, the Illidari, none of it surprised me, what was a surprise wa that they bothered to do it, but when they did it, I wasn't surprised what I saw. I was amazed at the level of detail they did for them. Felt like making up for a lot of neglect in the past year.

I felt it was niecely balanced too, the broken isles had every aspect of the night elves represented, from pre-sundering era in Suramar to long vigil vibe in Val'sharah, bot the consequence of hubris in Azsuna, but the hope for a brighter future when suramar was saved from the legion.. so the going of the nightborne to thehorde, which usually means they would become enemies of the night elves was really a blow and an annoying one too, One I felt blizzard had sacrificed quality of their story, for superficial reasons. I am still convinced most blood elf fans wanted Suramar because it looks pretty and fulfils the high magic/fantasy theme they love so much. They don't want it for the lore value, the connection tot he ngiht elves, and the hope for a wider and broader scope to this group , for expanding kaldorei arcana visibly in game (since they never showed it with tehshe'drlaar) and having a beautiful night civilziaiton in contrast ot the Thalssian one, and furthering their story there.

And yes, I also like high fantasy theme and magic, and knowing the race Iwas most attached to had it loads in their make up and lore, and having waited for a good display of it for so long, and it finally arriving, only to see it thrown over to the hohorde that already had an elven high fantasy civilization and peoples already which was also taken from the alliance, yes, it angrered me, hence why I may seem a bit salty.

I also play horde toons, so it's not like I hate the horde. I am also happy to be able to play the nightborne than not at all, so yes I would prefer them on the horde than not playable at al, still doesn't mean I like what they did. Also even if I appear salty, I actually am not as salty as you or @Garzrug may think, I do like to explain things, and I hate it when people get the record wrong. Burt if they don't believe me when I make valid points, it may be hard to accept, but I do eventually, I wouldn't argue with them forever.
    @EnigmAddict
    I dont have a problem with night elves beings they are.

I certainly dont feel they need to be wood elves Tto be distinct, I feel they are already distinct enough in their entirety and I dont think warcraft does core races as 1 trick ponies, nor should they.

Their variety and diversity in each race was one of the things that stood out to me in wow over other titles like DnD elves, NWN elves or ESO elves.

Night elves are already distinct by their history, their religion, their nocturnal characteristics with its star and moon focus and the way their orders are arranged.

I am fine with night elves havi g segregated communities based on their orders, this is unique, so you continue to have the druids in forested and deep forest areas their own communities both pure night elven ones like the Dreamwardens, and international ones like the Cenarion circle. Then havi g their highborne communities based incities and towns largely domi ating the urban scene, then switch to the predominantly toy female priesthood in temples which can be in Cities like Suramar or in forests like Val'sharah that are these zones where the atmosphere cha ges and you have a priestess community and their sentinels, carrying out a separated life from druids or civilians and highborne, their communities are in the temples and their large temple grounds. I can see the 1 exception bei g the sentinel HQ which should be Black Rock Hold.

This mode of operation is very different to any other race in wow, and I'm fi e with it being like this for the night elves.

To me this is distinctive enough
    Last edited by Mace; 2019-08-28 at 03:12 PM.