Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Dis it and all /roll

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    If an item drops that is pre-raid bis or whatever and you need it and will use it then you should get it imo, just make sure to equip it so everyone can see you’re not planning to flip it for gold.

I was tanking ZF on my druid to complete my Carrot on a Stick quest and Warden Staff dropped (BiS tank druid weapon for all of Vanilla). I didn’t know anyone in the group but they let me have it as long as I equipped it, I was high enough level to equip it right away so no problems there.

"But if they loot it and sell it!"
    Yeah then they’re a ninja looter and you screenshot them and post them on realm forums or Discord, realm policing is a real thing! People who screw over players get blacklisted from the good guilds and activities, they want to theow away their character? Fine, their loss.
    a) There's no way to enforce that request, and if you let them have it and then they don't equip it, you're screwed.
    b) Name and shame is a one way ticket to being banned by Blizzard.

5+ Year Old Account
    If you're in a pug and a valuable BOE drops, you just roll need. I'd be happy for someone who'd use it to take it, but you know that at least one person in your group who just wants to sell it will also roll. If everyone rolls need then the person who wins can decide what to do with it, it's the only way to avoid the potential ninja, well unless you give it to the person who needs it and they sell it anyway. Fuck people basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Annikia View Post
    You never been in my guild I had some lucky drops before, like the ring in cata from Grim Batol, got it before they added stats to it, so it looked like a wierd stat less epic, I de'ed it for shard, turned out to be mage bis item, got it restored from a GM and gave to our mage who was in that run for free.
    Legion I had the pure mastery ring drop max ilvl in the start, I was farming bear meat, gave it for free to our warr.
    That mentality I learned in EO (Elite Order) WoW is a MMO, you get most out of it, helping eachother, so yeah, I will any day trade a BoE (bis item) to a fellow guildie over selling it to a stranger
    I'm also the one who never charged any fee for crafting stuff neither from guildies or strangers, I normally say "Smile to the next you meet" is the payment.
    Karma got a wierd way of coming around, I had ppl helping me out also when I needed it the most
    Call me naive if you want, but then I got a wonderfull guild, full of fellow naive ppl to make classic even more great for us
    So you run a charity center in WoW.. Never said there's anything wrong with that. As long as you don't expect everyone else to be a charity center too

I dont expect strangers to do the same, hence why I said not to pug lvl 40+ dungeons I will run those with guildies

That's why you multibox it. You can't lose then hmmmmm

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to sell it, you roll greed. If you want to equip it, you roll need. If you rolled need and did not equip, you're ninja. Pretty simple, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Edit: I might be misremembering the way Need Before Greed worked in Vanilla, and I'm not sure the Rogue could even roll on it. So let me rephrase: You're a Hunter, not a Rogue.

It's not good for you at all, but the Warriors/Paladins are probs just going to sell it. What do you do? Need? Pass?

Me, I'd argue that it's just going to get sold anyway, and everyone should roll on it. If I got pushback from other people and they passed, I'd pass too.

What about you?
    rogue's could only "greed" on it back then, and pally/war would only be able to roll "need"
    Last edited by Novaice; 2019-08-19 at 12:29 PM.

Everything is a hunter weapon and i might need it later for glams

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    If you want to sell it, you roll greed. If you want to equip it, you roll need. If you rolled need and did not equip, you're ninja. Pretty simple, huh?
    Or just everyone roll Need, since anyone can sell it, but there's no guarantee that someone will equip it instead of selling it.

Pretty simple, huh?
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

As a big fan of communication, thats the sort of thing you discuss before you start your run. Just like you would with master looter active. And seeing the amount of different opinions in here, doing anything (especialy having some sort of "THE TRUE LAW" kind of headcanon, where you just expect that everyone else shares your principles) seems like running into avoidable drama.

Otherwise the design goals behind the ruleset seem pretty clear to me: BoEs, unlike BoPs, can be traded and everyone can roll on them. So Blizzard obviously designed group loot with that behaviour in mind. If you want your group of random strangers to deviate from that behaviour, talk about it beforehand.
    Last edited by owbu; 2019-08-19 at 12:38 PM.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Back in classic if something worth more than a few gold dropped even if someone in group needed it and it was BoE everyone rolled need. If it was vendor trash people might roll greed but will still probably roll need to DE it. The only time people would roll greed on something they didn't need was BoPs.

To the people saying to take screenshots and post it online for an item like edge masters no one will call it a ninja. Everyone sees that as rolling for an epic mount something everyone needs. On top of that people have some really crazy Photoshop skills and can make it look worse than it is. Could even grab some photo off the internet and just edit names to get some petty revenge.

Edit: I might be misremembering the way Need Before Greed worked in Vanilla, and I'm not sure the Rogue could even roll on it. So let me rephrase: You're a Hunter, not a Rogue.

It's not good for you at all, but the Warriors/Paladins are probs just going to sell it. What do you do? Need? Pass?

Me, I'd argue that it's just going to get sold anyway, and everyone should roll on it. If I got pushback from other people and they passed, I'd pass too.

What about you?
    answer is simple- when making group as tank in lfg addon you add "boe reserved" - and viola - no problem

10+ Year Old Account

What about you?
    It is going to be classic, almost a recreation of vanilla, EVERYONE WILL NEED ON BOE's
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    No, but the rules change once a certain amount of gold is involved because 'reasons'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Totemslap View Post
    There's a serious discussion to be had on the matter of one person having pre-raid BiS in one slot, versus the value that selling such a BoE could bring in the form of gold needed by the guild. Let's not pretend it's entirely that black and white.
    This is a specious argument either way. Any decent guild is going to want to do both. Edgemasters are absurdly strong for their level and effects. Better than almost anything if you're using axe or sword unless you can get +5 weapon skill somewhere else. Unless your're using maces, you want them at least until AQ. I'd say two raids worth of mileage is worth the investment. A guild is going to throw way more than that at anyone else in that time.

Everyone rolls need on BoE epic drops, that's how it worked on pservers.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    So you run a charity center in WoW.. Never said there's anything wrong with that. As long as you don't expect everyone else to be a charity center too
    Community is dead. You heard it here. It's the players that are the issue, not the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Community is dead. You heard it here. It's the players that are the issue, not the game.
    "players are not giving me things for free, OMG COMMUNITY IS DEAD!!!!"

yikes

sounds like that vanilla community is def coming back......... Even in pugs back in the day i remember BoEs going to the the person in the group that could use them vs rolling to sell, those that took them and couldn't use them got called out trade chat for it.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22