Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    This, some idiot that wants to buy it can buy it. It's not BIS
    While I agree with the first part, the second isn't true. It's BIS until aq40, gloves that drop from cthun

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkke View Post
    You can tell them to equip the item and inspect them to see that they do. Unless they happen to have same BoE in their packs they will get busted instantly; and before you try to say that they just ask GM to unbind the item that will not work, GMs will not unbound items.
    I doubt the GM would do something about it. Regardless, it's the kind of item a warrior will have to roll against 4 other people. It's the only correct thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    While I agree with the first part, the second isn't true. It's BIS until aq40, gloves that drop from cthun

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt the GM would do something about it. Regardless, it's the kind of item a warrior will have to roll against 4 other people. It's the only correct thing to do.
    So I'm correct. It's not BIS so why wouldn't you sell it. We know exactly what gear is coming down the horizon so why would you keep something that has marginal benefits when gold is a much rarer commodity

So I'm correct. It's not BIS so why wouldn't you sell it. We know exactly what gear is coming down the horizon so why would you keep something that has marginal benefits when gold is a much rarer commodity
    Really though, it is BIS for multiple tiers. That's kind of like saying that no items in BfA are BIS because another expansion is coming soon that will provide better items.

Lol.....

dude come on. The gloves are great stop downplaying them.

Gold isnt hard to earn. Hunters/rogues will be solo clearing dungeons soon enough lad and there will be plenty of gold for everyone.

Pug? Roll need and be open to discussion if I win it. Friends? Discuss it and let who it serves best equip it.

I'd like to see a poll on this. A discussion on it would be infinite.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    No lol u don't get the loot on a world drop wtf

Everyone rolls
    ^ world drops are considered greens or blues, everyone rolls need because you can't trust people and everyone needs gold for their mount, if you think otherwise congrats you are the only person rolling greed while everyone else needs it.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    I'd like to see a poll on this. A discussion on it would be infinite.
    i see now how religious purges start

BURN this heretic for implying there is any ambiguity on what is the moral and rational response to a world drop in a pug.

Rise rational needers Rise!!!! purge the weak willed greeders. maintain the purity of the social norms!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    Vendor gold vs enough gold to buy an epic mount/stay stocked on consumables for a while aren't exactly the same thing.
    I mean, that's precisely the point I'm making.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    maybe now but back on deathecus that was ninja looting and got called out /shrug.
    rolling on a boe is not ninja looting.

Simple solution, just create a macro/line for when you join a dungeon pug.

'Loot rules: BOP: Need if Need. BOE: All Need. Any issues with that, say now'.

That way, no one can have an issue with you rolling Need on a BOE item.

Job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitare-sp View Post
    Simple solution, just create a macro/line for when you join a dungeon pug.

'Loot rules: BOP: Need if Need. BOE: All Need. Any issues with that, say now'.

That way, no one can have an issue with you rolling Need on a BOE item.

Job done.
    i mean, you can do that, but those are the default rules for anyone who played vanilla, so its a bit redundant, but go for it.

The vast majority of people will roll need, thats just the general rule in vanilla. If you are pugging a lot in classic, be prepared that most people will roll need on just about everything they can.

There are people that care about their performance in raids believe it or not. Those gloves sell very quickly not only because they're bis for around a whole year and also because they are incredibly rare.

Freezing band in private servers sell for around 800g in pservers with progressive itemization and then drop to around 150g when aq gets released.

You're trying to argue pointless semantics that have no merit

I’m rolling Need on it in a PUG unless rules are established beforehand and everyone else rolls appropriately. Generally back then when I played it was common for PUGs to just roll need on rare or better BOE items that way there is no confusion or issues.

If I win it I would be open to discussion maybe. It’s literally just a virtual game item so ultimately it doesn’t really matter especially due to it being a BOE that anyone can simply just buy on AH if available. If I decided to give it to someone in the group and I later found out they simply sold it then I would never do so again.

If no rules were stated before the run, roll need on everything.

And before anyone breaks my balls about being a troll or a ninja or whatever: This is actually what you MUST do in order to protect yourself from ninjas. Maybe some of you never experienced that because you started after you could trade drops. But this is the harsh reality of the game.

Also, if you're in a PUG, keep a sharp eye on what the loot setting is at all times. People will absolutely try to change the loot settings before a boss to screw you out of your fair shot at drops.

What it comes down to is this: If you don't roll NEED on an item you want, you don't get to complain if someone else does. That is YOUR fault for not rolling, no matter what anyone else says.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    If no rules were stated before the run, roll need on everything.

And before anyone breaks my balls about being a troll or a ninja or whatever: This is actually what you MUST do in order to protect yourself from ninjas. Maybe some of you never experienced that because you started after you could trade drops. But this is the harsh reality of the game.

Also, if you're in a PUG, keep a sharp eye on what the loot setting is at all times. People will absolutely try to change the loot settings before a boss to screw you out of your fair shot at drops.

What it comes down to is this: If you don't roll NEED on an item you want, you don't get to complain if someone else does. That is YOUR fault for not rolling, no matter what anyone else says.
    eh i so missed the goold old times " LFM instance X everything reserved"

or

player A "leader what are the loot rules"
    /player A has been removed from group

will be so much fun on forums again

Just dont be stupid and sell it for 40g if you get the first drop.

Bank it, wait a good 4 months. Let prices get higher

I'm rolling a 99 need as a feral druid and going straight to the AH

In a 2019 dungeon pug I would expect everyone to roll, there will be plenty of enough drama with BoPs and when many people find out 40-man bosses only drop 3 pieces of gear (of course nobody would pug raids in classic).
    Last edited by Poizo; 2019-08-20 at 01:28 PM.