Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I would endorse WoW 2.0 if that means a new engine. Just making higher graphical leap (which often is tied to new engine or newer version) isn't really what's needed. WoW and Blizzard games are more about aesthetic fidelity rather than graphical marvel on the technical level.

I do feel the engine really hampers down the MMO aspect though. It can't really handle 20-30 in worldPvP situations. Considering games are proven to be able to handle more players like that and I don't think blizzard are bad to not be able to make it work considering HotS and Overwatch works great on the network side. Only thing I can think of is just that it's still an engine from 2004, obviously it has gotten updates, but the underlying framework is still old.

A new engine and emphasis on being able to handle more players is what would make me think WoW 2.0 to be worth it.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    and after a few months you realize classic is not so great the second time around and stop playing altogether, WoW is just old it has nothing to do with whatever expansion its on, its just the same content repeated over and over and you have already done years worth of classic content at this point so for many players it wont last.

WoW 2 would have to be a complete fresh start and new game entirely and that could make it fail because players couldnt let go of thier achievements in wow.
    Well speak for yourself, Classic is a wonderful game even if it's old, people have been playing in private for years and this kind of argument is just wishful thinking.

And the same can be said about WoW 2, how can you be sure it will be any good? Over the last 5 years what good has Blizzard come up with? Can you be sure it won't be a money grabbing crap? Can they deliver it without 10 years development gap? If they couldn't pull out Titan how successful they can honestly be pulling out WoW 2?

Stop deluding yourself into thinking Blizzard will make anything other than the exact same formula you described: "just old it has nothing to do with whatever expansion its on, its just the same content repeated over and over"

Because it works, it's cheap, doesn't require effort from their part and best of all, makes money.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Perhaps Blizz could release Warcraft 4 to make new settings and then release wow 2
    With experience from current wow they could possible make very good sequel and avoid of problems they caused to retail over the years.

cosmetics hunting is sort of my endgame these days and most of the gear in wow looks awful compared to some other games. i'm guessing mostly due to the engine not being able to handle it or something.

so i'd be down for a wow 2.0 as long as they keep it cartoonish.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Hmm maybe wow 2.0 could be launched in a similar matter. Keeping Wow 1 alive but nolonger add expansions.
    Sure, why not. I'd be interested.

Have us fail and the forge of origination fire off but not totally wipe all life just most. WoW 2 starts up many years down the road during the rebuild of civilization

The last patch and raid of WoW ends with us failing in some manner and the activation of the forge. WoW could remain with the activation of the forge immanent and allow those that would like to keep playing that to continue and provide the setup for the next game
    Last edited by Bookofblade; 2019-08-21 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post
    Well speak for yourself, Classic is a wonderful game even if it's old, people have been playing in private for years and this kind of argument is just wishful thinking.

And the same can be said about WoW 2, how can you be sure it will be any good? Over the last 5 years what good has Blizzard come up with? Can you be sure it won't be a money grabbing crap? Can they deliver it without 10 years development gap? If they couldn't pull out Titan how successful they can honestly be pulling out WoW 2?

Stop deluding yourself into thinking Blizzard will make anything other than the exact same formula you described: "just old it has nothing to do with whatever expansion its on, its just the same content repeated over and over"

Because it works, it's cheap, doesn't require effort from their part and best of all, makes money.
    The same formula of which WoW uses is what is losing players, nothing to do with its because BFA or anything, just doing the same content every expansion brings nothing new to the game.

There will be a more select playerbase that sticks to classic but the average player of which is the majority will most likely give up before even reaching max level, the rest will just realise they have already done the content a thousand times and know that classic doesnt bring anything.

Age is the main reason why there are not as many players anymore and nothing is going to bring back many players for long.

I played WoW for a challenge, classic offers no such challenge, all it does offer it a grind on which time can be spent better elsewhere.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The same formula of which WoW uses is what is losing players, nothing to do with its because BFA or anything, just doing the same content every expansion brings nothing new to the game.

There will be a more select playerbase that sticks to classic but the average player of which is the majority will most likely give up before even reaching max level, the rest will just realise they have already done the content a thousand times and know that classic doesnt bring anything.

Age is the main reason why there are not as many players anymore and nothing is going to bring back many players for long.

I played WoW for a challenge, classic offers no such challenge, all it does offer it a grind on which time can be spent better elsewhere.
    I understand that for you classic won't be a option, it's not a game for everybody and that's ok. Nobody is claiming that Classic was made to save retail WoW or to bring new subscribers, and even if they did they would be lying. Classic is for a select group of people who want to (re)experience vanilla WoW, and for those people there are not illusions of what it's going to be.

But that's beside the point of this post, the discussion implied that people are willing to play Classic but not endorse WoW 2.0, and for those the common excuse of losing progress don't seem to bother. For that I already gave my 2 cents:

Classic is a fresh start, as it should be.

Blizzard has no competence of creating a product such as WoW 2.0 that would appeal for the majority of the public, besides the dying genre of MMOs is not a growing market that they are willing to persuit anymore (they made that clear in the last BlizzCon).

People wanting Vanilla or a new Warcraft product have no correlation whatsoever. They are two separate things for different groups.
    Last edited by Beerbill Society; 2019-08-21 at 03:20 PM.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Instead of wow 2.0, just an alternative content path after Classic.
    Blizzard has a chance to make things right post Classic.

My vote goes to new content after Naxx.

Blizzard wouldn't have the stones to make WoW 2.0 like a true MMORPG ... with so many "inconveniences." They would try to make a game that appeals to EVERYONE and makes AS MUCH MONEY AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE. I just don't think they have what it takes anymore. I would happily eat my shoe about this. I hope they prove me wrong!

The MMO genre will probably only be advanced by a "new" Blizzard out there ... with the right mixture of talent, vision, and resources. It will probably be a bit. And this kickstarter bullshit isn't going to do it.

Until then, thank goodness Blizzard had the stones to bring us Classic.

WoW 9.0 > that all the other versions... though 7.3 wasn't bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    We are playin wow 8 right now, youre abit late for 2.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

WoW 2 is already here it's called WoW BFA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Instead of wow 2.0, just an alternative content path after Classic.
    Blizzard has a chance to make things right post Classic.

My vote goes to new content after Naxx.
    Sounds like a awful idea hope it never happens.

A genuine fresh start with a new Warcraft game would excite me in a way that Classic can’t. I just don’t see the company that Blizzard has become having what it takes to pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by YallAintReal View Post
    Why? Why the hatred towards this possibility if WoW 2.0 were to happen, yet players are beyond excited to play a 15 year old rehash? Where's the outrage of your time invested? Your bondage with your characters and all the gold you made?
    Classic is not a replacement to WoW, and it doesn't threaten its content production. The majority of players who like and are invested in current WoW do not feel threatened by it, because it still is and will continue to be the main version of WoW and their characters and investment will remain there.

A WoW 2.0, unlike Classic, would very likely mean they would stop supporting the previous version. It would probably remain live for a while, perhaps get a few updates, but more than likely WoW 2.0 would get the majority of the resources.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YallAintReal View Post
    I hear it all the time. Lots of players are against WoW 2.0. They are against starting over, losing all their mounts/gear/items, and losing all the years "invested" on their characters.

But now WoW Classic is soon to arrive. People are thrilled (personally I have no interest), and are excited to re-live the nostalgia of what WoW was 15 years ago. Granted retail will still be there, but jumping into Classic you are basically starting over. No gold, no mounts, no gear, no reputation, nothing, but players are totally fine with this.

Why? Why the hatred towards this possibility if WoW 2.0 were to happen, yet players are beyond excited to play a 15 year old rehash? Where's the outrage of your time invested? Your bondage with your characters and all the gold you made?
    Dude you need to understand you're putting 2 DIFFERENT groups of people together, lol.

There's some people who don't want to start over, the first ones you mention, and there's completely different people who are thrilled to start over in classic, or even in a completely new MMO.

The internet is not a hivemind where everyone shares the same contradictory opinions. It's different people wanting different things. Stop thinking the internet is a single entity and you won't have this broken logic.

Yea, no thanks.

Wow expansions keep the game updated and interesting enough to keep me excited about playing it.

A complete '2.0', abandoning current WoW, would just kill it entirely. Hard pass.

I'm down for a WoW 2.0 as long as they give us some kind of veteran rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Obviously some people don't want to lose their invested gametime while OTHER PEOPLE wouldn't mind it.
    And Classic is neither: it exists in parallel with retail so noone is losing anything anyway. Topic is moot.
    Uh...

You basically cant exactly instant level 60 unlike retail with instant 110 and you also cant retain all your mogs, you have to earn them again, so those complaining that one would have to re-earn everything basically -have- to do just that in Classic.

This is one of those "non argument" situations, if you can do it in classic, you can do it in wow 2, theres -literally- no excuse for that.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    WoW Classic was a sub-par MMO, fueled by nostalgia from people who had no idea on what they missed from prior MMOs.

People acting like modern WoW is dumbed down. WoW Classic was by far the dumbest piece of shit on the block when it came out, carried solely through brand power in an age where people thought characters like Arthas and Illidan were unironically cool.

Literally its entire claim to fame was solo capping through piss easy quests and a toothless world. Game was probably the death of the actual MMO, considering it also brought about instanced content and the servers, 100% of the time, would crash at anything actually happening outdoors on them.

The real fun of WoW classic was participating in the now heavily dated raids and in turn beating people to death in PvP with that equipment. The latter was actually pretty fun. I have a soft spot for classic PvP, I'll admit.

That said anything is better than current WoW. BFA is a bloated corpse, it's a zombie of a game, it should not exist. This game should have been fully rebooted from scratch years ago. You cannot build a satisfying product on the top of this giant mountain of broken shit, nothing will ever be tuned right again, content will never play right again.

All new engine, all new assets, all new gameplay, nothing returns except the premise and the franchise. Game needs a development team that actually created their product and feels motivation again.