Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by satella View Post
    It won't drop any items that you can use on the outside, except for vanity items. It won't affect the current content at all, this is only for legacy content.

It's a separate progression system, detached from the main game, tailored to those that like solo challenges.
    And that means most people won't touch it as to many have the mindset of if it doesn't make your character more powerful no matter how small the boost than it isn't worth doing. Take MoP people complained all expansion long about the rep factions and said they would be fine with them if there was nothing locked behind them that they needed. Come WoD and the factions only gave things like mounts and stuff and then it became factions were useless and there was no point to doing them since they didn't make your characters more powerful.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    uh no

/10

There are amazing single player games out there.

I can recommend a few if you're interested - Witcher, Mass Effect, Divinity: Original Sin 1\2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Imagine playing mmorpg and asking for solo dungeon content. At this point ruin retail as you want. True mmorpg players finaly have palce to play in so enjoy.
    Imagine making dungeon and raid content that is already being soloed more challenging but still allowing for a form of "team" play that involves the mini-game of gearing, choosing and bringing along followers to best meet the content.

Imagine that there is a significant chunk of the subscribed player base, perhaps a majority if previous polling still has any relevancy, that are going to be playing solo anyway.

This is for outdated content. Imagine reading through the entire post.

It's a fine idea and much more engaging than the walkovers that old dungeons and raids are now. I'm fully in on the idea that you should raise your own followers and bodyguards and have to equip them through various means. I also think that equipping those followers and bodyguards should not necessarily be as simple as it was in Warlords but actual slots that can be upgraded much like player characters have. Transmog would be cool too as you could equip your "team" in something that would resemble a coherent uniform. Lots of ways to play with a system like this. All of which would be good business for keeping people around longer.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-08-23 at 04:32 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Before commenting, please read through it all, some nuances might be lost with just a quick glance.

Think about all the dungeons and raids that people like to go to that are now practically obsolete, stuff that you can solo with ease.
    You literally plough through countless monsters and bosses without even thinking about it, all in the pursuit of vanity items.

It is now possible to join a group that is level adjusted, in order to tackle the raids/dungeons together at an appropriate difficulty, but if you're only after the vanity items, it's not the best use of your time.
    So the artifact type quests from Legion. I too would welcome them to be added.

The issue of applying them to raids and dungeons would be difficult however since some mechanics would need to be disabled due to the lack of others. Removing them would in turn just turn it into a tank and spank type encounter unless they add specific mechanics for solo tank, solo dps and solo healers depending on the player. Which is essentially what the artifact quest had.

A nice idea and addition but needs more planning. Refactoring into existing dungeons and raids would be a challenge I think.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    And that means most people won't touch it as to many have the mindset of if it doesn't make your character more powerful no matter how small the boost than it isn't worth doing. Take MoP people complained all expansion long about the rep factions and said they would be fine with them if there was nothing locked behind them that they needed. Come WoD and the factions only gave things like mounts and stuff and then it became factions were useless and there was no point to doing them since they didn't make your characters more powerful.
    Mage Tower was crazy popular and all it really rewarded you was an artifact weapon skin.

If it's to play solo, why not simply make it a single player game and dispense with the subscription ?

and fuck no, don't make this kind of thing effect old raids and dungeons.

i only want a system like this for current content.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    People like challenges, they don't need an extrinsic reward for every single little detail, especially for outdated content. It's not meant to improve your current standing, it's like a side quest in an RPG, a fun little activity.

Having increased drop rates on vanity items would essentially be the icing on the cake, it would motivate those that only do legacy content for the vanity items to want to invest time in the system, so that they're not wasting their time.

It's all about having the choice. I would only do it for the challenge, I don't care for vanity items, but I know a lot of people do.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Imagine playing mmorpg and asking for solo dungeon content. At this point ruin retail as you want. True mmorpg players finaly have palce to play in so enjoy.
    You clearly don't know anything about MMORPGs with your comment. The entire reason WoW exploded is because it took the EverQuest formula (that required a group to do anything) and just made it so that you can log on and solo stuff. This made it so that anyone can log in at any time and make meaningful progression. And yes, that's 2004 Classic WoW's model.

What people are describing, if like FF14, would actually be a good trade-off. You can solo, but it's slow. Faster if skilled. But ideally the dungeon is most efficiently done with a full group.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    and fuck no, don't make this kind of thing effect old raids and dungeons.

i only want a system like this for current content.
    This system could even be expanded into a separate game, parallel to the current game, but only for those wanting to play solo. That way it wouldn't negatively affect anyone. All the gear/achievements and vanity items acquired in the "solo" game would not be usable in the normal game.

Now we're getting a lot further from my original idea, but I like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    If it's to play solo, why not simply make it a single player game and dispense with the subscription ?
    True. See my previous response.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't play an MMO then ask for multiplayer content to be single player. The game you're looking for is Skyrim.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    There are amazing single player games out there.

I can recommend a few if you're interested - Witcher, Mass Effect, Divinity: Original Sin 1\2.
    The problem with that is the monetization aspect. All the really huge single player games are extremely rare, and not even remotely as expansive as the MMO's out there. Sure, Skyrim has a very immersive story and questing system, along with an endless supply of mods, but MMO's blow Skyrim out of the water when it comes to pure content and size of the world.

I don't want my single player games to have to have micro-transactions. I'd rather play an MMO that functions much the same way as a single player game.

Witcher 3 is good, but you don't spend 10 years of your life playing it, almost every day.

AI Bodyguards my friend, that you can equip with the special items that drop inside. That would balance out the classes a little, while still making your individual contribution matter in what bodyguards you choose, their items, and the orders you give them.
    So you want to make dungeons where your own class basically doesnt matter?

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    So you want to make dungeons where your own class basically doesnt matter?
    Absolutely not.

Lets say you have a pool of 30 different bodyguards to choose from, excessive maybe, but this is a hypothetical.
    You then pick 2 of those (or however many would be feasible) to go through the dungeon with you. Your class would matter a lot in that instance, your synergy with the bodyguards selected, the abilities of the items you have on yourself and on them would matter.

In short, your choices before you enter the instance matter as much as those inside it.

It won't drop any items that you can use on the outside, except for vanity items. It won't affect the current content at all, this is only for legacy content.

It's a separate progression system, detached from the main game, tailored to those that like solo challenges.
    There aren't enough people that like solo challenges. You've got Diablo 3 already for solo challenges and no one plays that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Not sure about that, I feel like the Mage Tower was damn popular, because... shocker!.... Blizz didn't fuck up the rewards for once!

I mean there were a few less desirable skins but in general, people wanted them.
    It wasn't "damn popular".

34% got the "A Challenging Look" achievement for beating 1 mage tower.
    https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=...allenging-look

Only 14% got the "Fighting With Style: Challenging" achievement for beating all mage tower challenges for their class. (it just took 2 for demon hunter to earn this).
    https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=...le-challenging
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Single player dungeons/raids.

So basically... the Legion Mage Tower challenges?

SIGN MOI THE FUCK UP
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    So you were anti-Mage Tower?
    Yep.

I am anti-solo instanced content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Imagine making dungeon and raid content that is already being soloed more challenging but still allowing for a form of "team" play that involves the mini-game of gearing, choosing and bringing along followers to best meet the content.

Imagine that there is a significant chunk of the subscribed player base, perhaps a majority if previous polling still has any relevancy, that are going to be playing solo anyway.

This is for outdated content. Imagine reading through the entire post.

It's a fine idea and much more engaging than the walkovers that old dungeons and raids are now. I'm fully in on the idea that you should raise your own followers and bodyguards and have to equip them through various means. I also think that equipping those followers and bodyguards should not necessarily be as simple as it was in Warlords but actual slots that can be upgraded much like player characters have. Transmog would be cool too as you could equip your "team" in something that would resemble a coherent uniform. Lots of ways to play with a system like this. All of which would be good business for keeping people around longer.
    I wouls rahter they spend their time and resources on new content and not rehashing old content to satisfy a small minority.

should already be in the game imo
    The option should exist
    You don't like it? don't use it (just like flying)...easy