Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

What have you bought / prepped for launch?

As of posting this it's 62 hours until global launch of classic WoW.

What have you gone out and bought, prepped in terms of irl and for in-game?

I have bought 16 cans of 500ml monster, white, pink, blue. have plenty of water as well.

Bought a lot of easy to cook and healthy meals still.

My plan is day 1 24 hr min aiming for 30, sleep 8-10, then 18-6 til I hit 60.

I have 3 weeks off work so going hard.

Will be cleaning my room, PC, monitors etc in a day or two as well.

POST PICS IF YOU HAVE ANY!!

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I bought some nice jeans a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    As of posting this it's 62 hours until global launch of classic WoW.

What have you gone out and bought, prepped in terms of irl and for in-game?

I have bought 16 cans of 500ml monster, white, pink, blue. have plenty of water as well.

Bought a lot of easy to cook and healthy meals still.

My plan is day 1 24 hr min aiming for 30, sleep 8-10, then 18-6 til I hit 60.

I have 3 weeks off work so going hard.

Will be cleaning my room, PC, monitors etc in a day or two as well.

POST PICS IF YOU HAVE ANY!!
    Did you consult with your doctor first? Middle aged men shouldn't be doing this. We were having a laugh about classic and one of our group was taking 3 days off for it. So funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Did you consult with your doctor first? Middle aged men shouldn't be doing this. We were having a laugh about classic and one of our group was taking 3 days off for it. So funny.
    I am 26, that is not middle aged men, I see the doctor regularly and gym 6 days a week with a physical job. I take 3 weeks off and will be going back to the gym once I hit 60 so a week max off the gym.

My brother is also my boss and is going overseas with his wife and kids 3 days after classic comes out so I kinda have no choice to take 3 weeks off regardless (not complaining). Also I have played at the top 0.1% for years so I like to push, don't worry about me.

But back on topic, what have you guys prepped obviously for people who have taken time off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing. It's not a freaking finals week and you touched nothing.

This game has so much downtime I can safely cook all 3 meals and not fall behind. Also like OP I'm "forced" to take 4 days off due to boss traveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I buy stuff now I'll just end up devouring it before the servers even open.

I'll wait till tuesday, I'm skipping launch day cos.. well it's Blizzard.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

10+ Year Old Account
    healthy exercise and a good diet of fruit and water.... I aint planning to binge classic at my age. I want to live lol
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Just picked up one of these from slumberland:

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagrash View Post
    If I buy stuff now I'll just end up devouring it before the servers even open.

I'll wait till tuesday, I'm skipping launch day cos.. well it's Blizzard.
    Same. I'm actually gonna skip the first couple of days probably. Hopefully, that will give the crowds some time to get ahead of me.

Feels so weird to prepare for a launch like this, I do the same when it's expansion launch in the main game, but for me it feels weird. I get it though for people who have waited for this for a long long time and treat this as their main game. For Legion and BfA launch I did the same as the OP pretty much.

Drank so much energy drinks the first week of Legion I was shaking in the end, haha! Game launch are good times, have fun For me it's workday, doing my stuff on retail first, then log classic, back to BfA to raid. Will have coke for that!!

Hence the reason Blizzard removed the realm first achievements.

You know that there's plenty of people who played Vanilla and are still in their 20s, right?

Rushing through the leveling is a total waste of Classic. What is so much better about old WoW compared to the new is how the leveling was a journey, an adventure, not a mindless grind (because everything is too quick and too easy in that you don't have to pay much attention to anything because you are never in any danger of dying). I know this still holds true and is not just a distorted memory since I confirmed this while leveling 1-60 on Nostalrius. What I also discovered while on Nostalrius was how the endgame was a massive anti-climax. So, my preparation for Classic has been getting back to work just this week, the vacation being over and done with, and my play time being limited. This will ensure that the leveling experience of Classic will last for months. I also have a leveling party on the opposite of my main faction with 2 collegues from work which can only be played when all 3 of us have time, which will make that fun last even longer. It is going to be epic and awesome for however long it lasts.

I cleaned up under my bed so I can crawl underneath and cry because I have a strict project deadline on the 2nd of September so I won't be able to play until then.
    You may now kiss the ring.

With all this preparation, I hope you wont sit in queue for 10+ hours, would be a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    I am 26, that is not middle aged men, I see the doctor regularly and gym 6 days a week with a physical job. I take 3 weeks off and will be going back to the gym once I hit 60 so a week max off the gym.

My brother is also my boss and is going overseas with his wife and kids 3 days after classic comes out so I kinda have no choice to take 3 weeks off regardless (not complaining). Also I have played at the top 0.1% for years so I like to push, don't worry about me.

But back on topic, what have you guys prepped obviously for people who have taken time off.
    You going to the gym regularly has little to do with the amount of shit in those drinks / prolonged time at the screen. It's unlikely but if you're sitting in front of that screen for a solid 24 hours you're risking health issues like clots

No matter how you try to sugar coat it, it's not healthy for anyone

The game is not going anywhere any time soon. The first days will be next to unplayable because of overcrowding and launch hiccups not to mention long queues and server crashes.

I'm gonna renew my subscription on monday after 9 years break and then spend a few days on my family's summer cabin and enjoy the last days of summer by going sauna, having some beer and relax in a cool lake. See ya all in game next weekend.

No prep - reserved a name on a server where some friends may play. I think this'll be the one game i'll be taking extremely casually, since the pace isn't exactly fast.

I swear there are a lot of people on this forum who come into posts and like to put their 2 cents in on how rushing the game is a waste of time blah blah blah, you do realize that people like to play the game the way they want right? Some people like to take in everything slowly and take forever where I like to rush and be 1 of the first and top players like I have for a while, each their own but don't shit on others just don't post saying negative shit towards it if it doesn't effect you at all.
    @matheney2k Nothing like sitting on your ass for 3 weeks straight drinking nothing but energy drinks and cheetos. And people wonder why gamers get a bad rap

I'm 110% positive I do more physical activity than you do so me sitting on my ass for 3 weeks won't do anything, I also said it's only until 60. I work 40-50 hrs a week at a physically intense job (12-15k steps, heavy lifting daily), and gym 6 days a week while eating a balanced diet since I enjoy body building. So sorry if I wanna take a week off to not care about "my health"

I'll drink energy drinks if I want, again just because some of you are paranoid about what's in this or that don't need to tell me I already heard it a million times, go back to drinking your chai tea lattes.

Edit: Go watch almost any fitness youtuber or anyone in the fitness scene, they drink more energy drinks and take in more caffeine than most people I see, id rather die 5 years earlier from drinking energy drinks for 50+ years of my life than not drink them at all in worrying about that shit, stuff in moderation won't kill you.