Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drpizka View Post
    Look, it is over. Retail crybabies have lost. You will not ruin our experience. Go back to BfA if you want QoL.

Stop harassing our experience. We want true vanilla experience and not something that it will kinda look like it.
    I wouldn't want to play classic if every player is as insufferably toxic as you, but I'm going to play anyways. I'll play it the way I want and there's nothing you can do about it.

Blizzard is going to provide the game experience, the community experience (including addons) is up to us.
    Last edited by Kanegasi; 2019-08-24 at 02:22 PM.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    Not even the slightest bit of hypocrisy. Those two addons are massively different in what they do for the player and to the community. LFG removes socializing from a massive portion of the game. Quest Helper, you were just going to google it anyways.
    "Ultimately, if a streamlined group-finding system was something we considered compatible with Classic, we would have kept the modern Premade Group Finder tool rather than choosing to remove it from the Classic client."

Now, change the words "Streamlined group-finding system" to "compact quest helper system..."

So ya, hope its becoming obvious there are bigger fish to fry in terms of addons.

If anyone is upset about any of these and isn't thinking about Weak Auras or DBM you must not have played live wow any time recently.

Weak Auras especially will completely change how people interface with the game and the characters.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Honestly I think y'all are freaking over nothing here, both sides.

Would this addon being in the game ruin it? Probably not, there were addons like this in vanilla, and not many people used them, because they weren't that useful or necessary.

Would this addon not being in the game ruin it? No, because there are plenty of ways to find groups that do not rely on spamming Trade/LFG.

People will always prefer to play with guildies/friends, pugging for randoms in global channels is a last resort. Blizz can restrict the addon API as much as they want, game works just fine without addons. Just chill the fuck out and enjoy the game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Here

https://classic.wowhead.com/news=294...ld-of-warcraft

Well put article, no need to say anything more.

Get used to it, addons like this abomination will be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Oh you, again.

Seems to be a habit of yorus to pop into a thread, insult, then wander off again. What happened? Last thread wasn't popular enough anymore?

Point being, if Blizzard don't want the add-on in, then it won't fucking be in. Arguning your bullshit semantics is irrelevant. If he refuses to make the changes, or thinks he can circumnavigate their no doubt specific list of requirements, then it will be banned, and those using it be banned also.

Not sure why you keep making such utterly stupid semantic based arguments, when each and every time you get ripped to pieces.

What is it? No Saturday job or anything to keep you occupied?
    Once again, Blizzard does not ban players for using an addon. Period. Any addon they deem that bad is simply made unusable.

Oh and your little

Seems to be a habit of yorus to pop into a thread, insult, then wander off again.
    Lets look at your recent posts, shall we?

no one will want to deal with the cesspit of over entitled moaners

It is just a bunch of people being butthurt and whiny.

So they can log into Normal, play LFR, go afk,

the game will become a shitfest, populated with asshats.

because random internet, know-all-nothing, fuckwit thinks so *rollseyes*

the community has now sadly become over-entitled, and whiny over literally *everything*

the same shit-heels on live

Seems most of the ones demanding a tool for LFG seem to have all the social skills of a randy turnip,

That is just page 1 of 40. You can't even have a discussion without being insulting and obnoxious.

Don't need to.

Blizzard Design Team themselves have stated it goes against what they want for the game, so it is likely any add-ons that try to circumvent this will result in an account ban.

Seems pretty straight forward to me. If you like to think otherwise, then the fault is with you, not Blizzard or anyone else.
    Ok, so in 15 years you can't point to a single example but it's going to happen now. Got it.

Here

You can't even read your own links lol

Thus, in an upcoming patch (in the weeks following launch), we will be adding restrictions to the Classic add-on API that will significantly limit this add-on and others like it.

Limiting what the addon can do and banning it are 2 different things, no?

Here

The addon is still a thing though, go look it up. They just removed the auto invite features. It'll just function like the current LFG tool in BFA, listing groups and you can manually invite people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    You can't even read your own links lol

Thus, in an upcoming patch (in the weeks following launch), we will be adding restrictions to the Classic add-on API that will significantly limit this add-on and others like it.

Limiting what the addon can do and banning it are 2 different things, no?
    I do not care if it won't be banned entirely. I just care that it won't automate invitations

Quote Originally Posted by coblade14 View Post
    The addon is still a thing though, go look it up. They just removed the auto invite features. It'll just function like the current LFG tool in BFA, listing groups and you can manually invite people.
    Again, the classic community will probably blacklist people using that. Good luck finding a group when you are a black sheep in the server.

10+ Year Old Account
    /2 Holy Paladin LF-
    *invite*
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

You folks lost, get over it. You're not getting your addons.

10+ Year Old Account
    TLDR- Blzzard have put a lot of time and effort into replicating how it *was*, and they have a strict design philosophy they have been open about for months now. This add-on breaches that philosophy. Arguing it existed in the original is asinine because they didn't foresee the community impact it would have. They do now, thus they don't want it in.
    Arguing is irrelevant. It isn't happening, and all threads like this are, is nothing but a whine.
    Blizzard does not have full control over client. As long as there are addons, Blizzard have to live with that fact. They can forbid certain actions, but they wouldn't want to break addons people love. For example they can't just forbid chat access, because that would break immense number of useful addons. The gin is freed from the bottle and won't come back.

Simple example: they wanted to forbid world quest grouping addon. They did not succeeded, right now you can use those addons which will allow grouping with other people. Yes, they managed to somehow limit those addons, but they did not broke them completely and you still can group up with very little effort.

The same fate will await LFG addon. It'll work. They can say anything, but they won't be able to shut it down.
    Last edited by vsb; 2019-08-25 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lachlol View Post
    Man, this is actually so funny. Don't pretend like finding people to play with is some kind of a problem, even in Classic lol. Just do what @Drpizka said: find friends, guild or some kind of community you can play with, and that solves the problem. Leave that psychological bullshit of "problem-solving stages" alone

And yeah, this is really THAT easy. At the beginning of Classic, there will be tons of people playing with you. By the way, the thing that killed socializing aspect of this game (retail) was actually the LFG stuff they introduced I am so happy to get my hands on the pure, classic version of the game.
    Exactly im playing with like 2 ppl I know and everyone else I have never heard thier voice before. Its not hard to get in guilds and go level/raid/pvp in classic. While leveling years and years ago I know that most of my partying up was from chat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Blizzard does not have full control over client. As long as there are addons, Blizzard have to live with that fact. They can forbid certain actions, but they wouldn't want to break addons people love. For example they can't just forbid chat access, because that would break immense number of useful addons. The gin is freed from the bottle and won't come back.

Simple example: they wanted to forbid world quest grouping addon. They did not succeeded, right now you can use those addons which will allow grouping with other people. Yes, they managed to somehow limit those addons, but they did not broke them completely and you still can group up with very little effort.

The same fate will await LFG addon. It'll work. They can say anything, but they won't be able to shut it down.
    Sure they can shut it down if they want.

Quote Originally Posted by retrogame View Post
    The LFG addon for new players that have started 1 year later after Classic launch is not a bad idea.

I speak from my own personal experience. I have started playing WoW mid TBC and the experience was horrible even at high pop realm.
    The point is, it was WAY WAY harder and time consuming to find lowbies, because everyone was level 70 and raiding, this will eventually happen in classic.

At launch, WoW Classic experience will be really easy for you, because everyone is levelling and everyone will be willing to party up without wasting time to complete the content. Fast-forward 1 year later, this will be waay harder for new players, so and LFG system that can be used DURING LEVELING ONLY, is not a bad idea 1 year later from now.

Little hypocrisy within the WoW Classic community ; "Disable LFG, but allow Quest helper" which these are on the same tier. They both help you with levelling.
    I started the December around the launch of Zul'Aman in BC found 6 people I played with a ton joined a guild eventually me and those 6 made a guild and I still run with 2 of them to this day. That guild we made went on to be the server 1st level 25 guild in Cata, one of the top 5 raiding guilds on our server each patch. You just need to find people with similar mindsets, playing times and not be an idiot. Everybody isn't going to be playing at the same pace or for the same reasons. Classic is much more about interaction with others, if you don't want that it probably isn't the game for you.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Again, the classic community will probably blacklist people using that. Good luck finding a group when you are a black sheep in the server.
    1) Blacklisting is a meme, and a guild-based thing, not a server thing. This will be even more true in Classic, which has several times the populaiton that Vanilla servers ever had.
    2) Why would they need luck? They have an add-on that finds groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    I started the December around the launch of Zul'Aman in BC found 6 people I played with a ton joined a guild eventually me and those 6 made a guild and I still run with 2 of them to this day. That guild we made went on to be the server 1st level 25 guild in Cata, one of the top 5 raiding guilds on our server each patch. You just need to find people with similar mindsets, playing times and not be an idiot. Everybody isn't going to be playing at the same pace or for the same reasons.
    This isn't particularly comparable. BC dungeons were kept relevant by currency and attunement. It's quite easy to always find groups for Deadmines, SM, BRD and the like. It is a lot harder to find a group for RFK/RFD (super annoying to find in general as Alliance) or Uldaman deep into Vanilla. When the majority of the population is max level, as will be the case a year from now, many people leveling are more interested in getting to that max level. There are much fewer people out in the world, dungeons become more trouble to put a group together for than they are worth to run, which creates a negative feedback loop. Fewer people doing dungeons > dungeon groups are harder to put together > it's not worth doing instead of continuing to level > even fewer people doing dungeons.

Also
    Classic is much more about interaction with others, if you don't want that it probably isn't the game for you.
    Not sure you're qualified to say this if you started in 2.3
    Last edited by Hitei; 2019-08-25 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    This isn't particularly comparable. BC dungeons were kept relevant by currency and attunement. It's quite easy to always find groups for Deadmines, SM, BRD and the like. It is a lot harder to find a group for RFK/RFD (super annoying to find in general as Alliance) or Uldaman deep into Vanilla. When the majority of the population is max level, as will be the case a year from now, many people leveling are more interested in getting to that max level. There are much fewer people out in the world, dungeons become more trouble to put a group together for than they are worth to run, which creates a negative feedback loop. Fewer people doing dungeons > dungeon groups are harder to put together > it's not worth doing instead of continuing to level > even fewer people doing dungeons.

Also

Not sure you're qualified to say this if you started in 2.3
    You had to level up which is where I met these people. Finding people to group up with and having fun isn't specific to any one patch or expansion. As for not being qualified when I started matches up to the times the that the original poster had started. People can't have their cake and eat it too, if they want vanilla you can't use tons of add ons to modernize it and avoid the pitfalls of the game. Play it and enjoy it for what it is or don't it is a pretty easy concept.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Then vanilla is unfortunately not for you. You are not obliged to play it if you feel it lacks QoL features.

We were perfectly aware what we were asking from Blizzard. The authentic game without the automation tools that retail has.

If an add-on automates things, then it should be prohibited.

Helping != Automation.
    There was LFG addons in classic. How is it ruining your experience if it was already there?

Interesting. Though, not unexpected at all.
    Hi

Yes, there were LFG addons in Classic, but I don't think most people knew about them. Remember, Vanilla WoW is older than even Youtube. The internet itself was a completely different beast back then.

Now from the perspective of no changes and all that, yeah sure I guess you could say that since they were useable in Vanilla, they should be useable now in Classic, but the thing is that now the situation is completely different. If such an addon had been useable, I fear it would've been known by a lot more people and might potentially have turned into a kind of unofficial LFG.

Don't get me wrong, I'm normally in favour of no changes, but I think sometimes, in order to preserve at least a somewhat similar experience, one does actually have to make a few "adjustments" and so in this case I think Blizz made the right decision. Besides and let's get our facts straight, what they are doing is that they're not allowing an addon to be run. That's all. They're not changing the actual game itself and again had this addon been useable I fear the experience this time around might've been vastly different for a lot of people simply due to it working as a kind of modern day LFG.

That and ya know the whole "well if you don't like it, don't use it" argument is frankly sending shivers down my spine. I mean after LFG was introduced in WotLK, how many people were actually out there randomly looking for groups the ol' fashioned way? I hate to make sweeping statements, but in my experience, the majority of people tend to always choose the path of least resistance. I think that's one of the reasons why retail is well retail.
    Last edited by Statius; 2019-08-25 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    You folks lost, get over it. You're not getting your addons.
    Quite sure we will. If you like it or not. No raiderio and stuff but there will be LFG addons.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunnard View Post
    Probably because having limited add-ons, which don't automate or do a job for you, means that that person has to actually do something, and possibly learn in the process. Whats the point in playing otherwise?
    Yeah, people got used to addons and tools built in game that do stuff for you, and they want to project that onto the Classic servers. It has never stopped amusing me, that the greatest impact on retail's WoW quality had the idea of replacing the "difficulty" with "socializing tools" which eventually led to lack of need for doing things with people. They thought it would improve the gameplay, while it had the very opposite effect.

You can track how it worked: first, they introduced the Dungeon Finder. Then, they created the Raid Finder tool and difficulty - a mindless AFK-fest, where witty players can trade a lot of items for themselves. Then, the whole changes to Battle.net and the Social platform that had aspirations to overthrow the Discord. Then, they introduced the War Mode. And after all, guilds are meaningful only for the semi/hardcore raiders. People don't need each others help. You don't need to create a group for a World Boss (which by the way is the funniest thing in all of that, since they brought Worls Bosses back, cause they wanted to bring back this unique Vanila-like climate) - ale you need to do is to: join the group ---> hit the boss ---> grab your loot ---> leave. This is way beyond ridiculous.

It's sad to see that massive decline in socializing in WoW. I believe it's going to be a great test for Blizzard, whether Classic can bring back these memories, or players are that much demoralized that they can't switch onto the "cool playing". If player will accept the Classic as it is, it's going to be a great food for thought to Blizz.