Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    "Something new" that is 15 years old and hasn't change at all.
    But it has. There is no wall jumping. I had much fun climbing all those statues onto their heads while waiting in the castle room for a battleground to popup.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    You'd rather sit in a queue... dude listen to how ridiculous your statement is.
    Yes i will as i can just play my steam games or ps4 while waiting in queue instead of the shit show that bfa is.

Atleast i know i will have fun when i get in unlike retail.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Could not care less what you think so it's all good, i play my steam library or ps4 why waiting in que instead of the lame shit that bfa is, it's garbage to be honest.

Atleast i will have fun when i get in unlike the joke that bfa is.
    I think you maaay have quoted the wrong person there. ;P

"Something new" that is 15 years old and hasn't change at all.
    Yes, something new.

I find it amusing how salty some players are because Classic is a success. It benefits not only the existence of Classic itself, it directly benefits retail as well. And with BfA's horrible performance you should be thankful for that.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    I think you maaay have quoted the wrong person there. ;P
    Nah i dont think so tehdef and Nize where the ones i quoted
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Hightotemz View Post
    Classic and Retail are two completely different games.

Classic - Traditional RPG MMO = Fair effort vs reward system. The world is the adventure
    Retail - Action RPG MMO =More RNG based system where everyone can be a winner. Challenging content is all end game. M+ and raids.

You can probably enjoy both.
    What's the difference in effort vs reward for Classic vs Retail? Honestly? Or rather, what makes Classic "fair" and Retail, not fair?

Retail hands out epics, but you still have to work at getting the higher ilevels from Mythic+, raids, etc... and you still need to actually play the game a bit to even get those epics.

How is the world not the adventure in Retail? You still have the same options to fish, gather, explore, etc... in Retail as you do in Classic. What about Classic makes the world an adventure, but in Retail it's not? Especially considering retail has world quests and zone scaling making the current zones relevant for the entirety of the expansion?

Classic has RNG too, Retail just has more systems that use it I guess.

I'm not trying to defend retail or bash Classic, I'm honestly just trying to understand why they're viewed so differently in these aspects, when both versions are s9imilar in these aspects.

The main difference I see is that most things just take more effort in Classic. I personally can't wrap my head around why that makes it "better." Different opinions and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    This is why they are making two versions of the game now, one thats a real mmorpg and one that caters to people who prefer convenience/collecting in their video games.

Win/win for blizz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Quitting and making a forum post about it by level 4.

Yikes dude. The community really has changed.
    How is Classic more of an RPG than Retail? Retail is just a streamlined version of Classic. They have the same core RPG systems in place (leveling, stats, gear, crafting, gathering, etc...) and both allow for RP'ing. What systems does Classic have that make it more of an RPG than Retail?

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    How is Classic more of an RPG than Retail? Retail is just a streamlined version of Classic. They have the same core RPG systems in place (leveling, stats, gear, crafting, gathering, etc...) and both allow for RP'ing. What systems does Classic have that make it more of an RPG than Retail?
    Class quests, character progression, attunement quests, social aspects, class spells needing resources, equipment is worth something, crafting is worth something (does crafting in BfA even exist?), you need to train your skills - the list goes on and on and on.

BfA is an MMORPG light - at best.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    It's been quite some time since Warlords of Draenor launched and I must say, after that horrendous experience, I have never thought I'll relive that again. But today with Classic, Blizzard did it again. And nope, this isn't supposed to be a bashing thread. Not at all. Instead, since I had 5+ hours to think about it, I just realized, I already miss BFA.

On classic, I hit level 4 before I got random dc'ed and got stuck in queue. The first time I logged in it was amazing. So. Many. People. I was so hyped, got my gnome warlock, started trying to tag mobs. No luck. Made group, it got a little better. I pushed through, suddenly first inconvenience struck me. Quests don't appear on the minimap. It's been so long that I totally forgot about that. Well, whatever, it's silly and could be easily fixed, but I guess people like the pain and want it? Nevermind, lets continue leveling I thought. Then ofc the mob tagging started to became bigger and biggers issue. And the objects clicking. And the quest items looting while in a party. And the old interface, and the old social tab not being placed where Im used to, and then the realisation that also this is still just the beginning and there will be more and more little things that Im going to hate. And you know what? Then I realized, there is a game just like this, BUT BETTER. Where I have 10+ years of stuff, where everything is convenient, where things still matter, progress matters, theres tons of content and, well, I started to miss it.

So my point is, thanks, but no thanks? I'll still give it a proper chance. After it cools down. But somehow I really want to level a new character on BFA now, because, you know, its way more fun. Any1 feels the same?
    Ya tbh I feel the same. Overtime I became so used to the conveniences of retail that I get bored of classic after 10 minutes. I made an undead warlock and just got bored of running around waiting for respawns and running from one end of the map to another just to do 1 quest. It isn't everyone's cup of tea and I'm just too old for this. If I was 15 years younger I wouldn't have minded the grind much, but now I just don't like it. Rep grind in retail is bad enough for me lol.

Classic wont last because Classic wasnt made to, the issue is 4 fold:

1. You will get people leaving before hitting level cap because they are bored/rose tinted glasses fall off, those who never played will be more likley to do this because they havent got the right mind set to play classic and or they are used to the way BFA era wow is thus they dont want it to change.

2. You will get people leaving at 60 for a lack of content at end game, and those that stick around would have to be die hard dedicated to playing and grinding hours a day to progress chars, theres very few people who will level alts too as during this time there was almost no room for more than 1 level 60 at a time.

3. You will get people leaving because the game is too social/not social enough, complaining the experience isnt as they remembered it or isnt the same or isnt what they expected. People will use addons and get doxxed by toxic players complaining that making the game easier ruins the "immersion" to which I say "its not your game buddy, its blizzards let players play how they want?"

4. You will get the hardcore toxic 40 man raiders who will try to make rediculas requirements of people which means once the inital wave of players joins almost no one is getting into raiding because of how rediculasly high demand the toxic community will be, which will discourage new people joining Classic.

In addition to all this, classic is a 15 years old game, with exception to Naxxramas and ZG, you can play "everything" classic has *right now* in live, with exception to old quests and quest zone designs thats -the only- thing your missing out on, and frankly, its not a big miss.

Most people wanted flying in vanillia around WOTLK which is why cataclysm they remade the game to incorperate it. Most people found old quests boring compared to later TBC/Wrath iterations which became more casual friendly and more "alt" friendly once Wrath introduced Heirlooms and catchup mechanics.

Theres no denying one of WOTLK's best traits was accessiblity, while it pissed off hardcore TBC era raiders for the fact raiding was no longer an "exclusive boys club" it added the ability for new players and old casuals alike to play raiding at a pace of their own choosing rather than an elitist guilds.

Vanillia is technically the middle, it wasnt as hard as TBC, but wasnt as forgiving as WOTLK. It was accessable but it was slow, tedious, rediculasly long and grindy until later levels and access to content never felt easy to reach because they didnt intend it to be.

The end game -was- the journey and looking back from having gone from 1 to 60 with your "main" alts were an idea, not a requirement, almost nobody leveled alts because of how much progress you needed to make on a main constantly to keep up with relevent content.

Needless to say, Classic wont last, its too demanding, in na era where people paly fortnite and casual games that can be finished in under 24 hours theres no such thing as patience in the modern day.

Again, fantastic idea in theory, in the long term, you will see that like BFA's first week the hype will die fast when people quickly realize how much of a chore the game becomes.

> 1 Person makes a thread about he missing BFA
    > All the live players on MMO C circlejerking

LoL that 1.2 mil on twitch butthurted you so much

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find it amusing how salty some players are because Classic is a success. It benefits not only the existence of Classic itself, it directly benefits retail as well. And with BfA's horrible performance you should be thankful for that.
    People are "salty" because you are declaring something a success two days after release. We have seen that with WoD, a massive, 2.5 million surge in subscriptions, followed by mass quits. "Everyone" loved it at first and thought it was an amazing success. You are doing the same thing and then smugly claiming that any skeptics are being "salty".

For all the talking about "true MMORPG", people should realize that MMORPG success is measured by its' staying power, not the first few days. It's why people always laugh at "professionals" reviews of MMO, where the person barely reached a level cap... if even that. Plenty of "wow killers" have had successful launch, followed by slow death. Buying into hype is common, and so is claiming that Retail WoW has finally been defeated for good/only losers still play it/"you're all just jealous of my new game".
    Last edited by KaPe; 2019-08-28 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I really fucking hope it doesn't take months for people to feel like OP does cuz I'd like to play classic unhindered, its currently far too populated and laggy. Fucking unplayable.
    Welcome to the launch of almost every game ever...

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    And subsequently lost over 50% of those viewers the next day

Not meant as a stab at classic but uh, not really the most reliable statistic for overall popularity.
    I do agree with you on that but I haven't seen wow have this many viewers outside of wf race

Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post

I'm enjoying classic personally...but you classic zealots are really irritating.

You got your wish, classic is here, there is absolutely no need for you people to be cunts continuously. Other people don't like it, whatever, good for them.

To be honest I was expecting more.

I mean if you can't play the game, might as well watch someone else play it, right?

Quote Originally Posted by LupinRaedwulf View Post
    I do agree with you on that but I haven't seen wow have this many viewers outside of wf race
    WoW never had that much viewers on Twitch, world first races are around 100k at most and BfA launch had 600k.

Class quests, character progression, attunement quests, social aspects, class spells needing resources, equipment is worth something, crafting is worth something (does crafting in BfA even exist?), you need to train your skills - the list goes on and on and on.

BfA is an MMORPG light - at best.
    I did enjoy attunements, but understand why they were removed. I also agree that the complete removal or skill training is not very RPG-like. However, retail has everything else.

I'm not debating how worthwhile or "good" the systems are in each version, just that the systems are there. I'm just saying that Retail is just as much an RPG as Classic. A discussion of "better" is subjective, so I'm not getting into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    +1

On top of the fact that most of the specs just don't work in the old system, some specs just didn't exist plus some classes, one of them being my main, don't exist xD

I just hope that this pulls more of the classic returners into retail. They're paying anyways so maybe they start to think "oh I think I try it also"
    It won't pull in classic players. They're elitist purists who want nothing to do with retail and think everything about it is bad, while simultaneously ignoring the multitude of issues that existed in Vanilla and won't be adjusted at all, such as class balance, hybrid identity, lack of challenging content, etc.