Poll: Malygos vs Kil'jaeden

Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Malygos vs Kil'jaeden

The most powerful mage against the most powerful warlock (not counting the Titans)

Probably KJ, though wouldn't bet money on that.

There is no contest to be had here whatsoever.

Deleted
    Could go either way. Malygos was insanely powerful (lore wise)

Kil'jaeden. His power was TERRIBLY shown in Legion. Same situation goes for Archimonde with WoD.

pretty sure malygos could vaporize KJ in like 1.5 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    pretty sure malygos could vaporize KJ in like 1.5 seconds
    He couldn't even vaporize my raid's main tank though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    He couldn't even vaporize my raid's main tank though.
    he wasnt really trying.

and the same thing can be said for KJ :P
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2018-07-15 at 10:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    KJ didn't merely seem to deal in the fel, he created the Lich King and thereby the entire Scourge, which eventually lead Arthas to raise Sindragosa and Malygos to launch his unwinnable Nexus War. In other words, KJ could kill Maly from the other side of the cosmos without even being present. In terms of power, there's no comparison. The eredar had an interdimensional legion at his command to gather nearly anything he needed to increase his power.

In terms of knowledge, however, Malygos may well have been a rival. I'm not sure we can know how much arcane wisdom Norgannon imparted upon the Blue Aspect.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    Kil'jaeden. His power was TERRIBLY shown in Legion. Same situation goes for Archimonde with WoD.
    I don’t think it was shown terribly at all. While ToS got a lot of backlash, KJ is one of the hardest bosses in WoW and undeniably so. Whether it’s for the right or wrong reasons that’s up to you but even now after months of ToS being irrelavent and our weapons getting massively upgraded guilds still wipe to kJ.

Either way, I don’t think he was demonstrated poorly. It’s unfortunate that he was in a raid that’s considered one of the worst due to most bosses having “1 mistake from 1 player is a wipe” but he was a very very hard boss even after nerfs. I think he would’ve been regarded nuch higher if bosses like maiden and mistress didn’t exist in ToS or had better mechanics as people wouldn’t have been fed up with such a strict set of mechanics.

Deleted
    Titans are arcane magic based immortals, Sargeras was a demon and fel magic based immortal when facing the pantheon, the arcane magic had no effect on Sargeras but the fel magic completely annihilated the titans. Safe to say the same would happen to Malygos, the fel magic would just completely destroy his very essence.

Now if Malygos controlled void magic, holy magic or nature magic, he would stand a chance as it seems to be the only type of magic that demons can be vulnerable to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    Titans are arcane magic based immortals, Sargeras was a demon and fel magic based immortal when facing the pantheon, the arcane magic had no effect on Sargeras but the fel magic completely annihilated the titans. Safe to say the same would happen to Malygos, the fel magic would just completely destroy his very essence.

Now if Malygos controlled void magic, holy magic or nature magic, he would stand a chance as it seems to be the only type of magic that demons can be vulnerable to.
    You bring up an excellent point lore wise from Chronicles.. Arcane seems to have an inherent weakness to fel.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I don’t think it was shown terribly at all. While ToS got a lot of backlash, KJ is one of the hardest bosses in WoW and undeniably so. Whether it’s for the right or wrong reasons that’s up to you but even now after months of ToS being irrelavent and our weapons getting massively upgraded guilds still wipe to kJ.

Either way, I don’t think he was demonstrated poorly. It’s unfortunate that he was in a raid that’s considered one of the worst due to most bosses having “1 mistake from 1 player is a wipe” but he was a very very hard boss even after nerfs. I think he would’ve been regarded nuch higher if bosses like maiden and mistress didn’t exist in ToS or had better mechanics as people wouldn’t have been fed up with such a strict set of mechanics.
    I'm talking about in terms of feats. Not in terms of gameplay difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    I'm talking about in terms of feats. Not in terms of gameplay difficulty.
    Lorewise he did a lot though. I guess in legion he didn’t really do too much but it seems like he was conflicted for the latter half of legion and regretting that he followed Sargeras which was a pretty decent plot point imo for the 5 seconds that it lasted. This is based on the ToS cinematic.

The legion itself has become kind of comedic. Running past mobs that scream about conquering the world and other ridiculous evil villain lines is off putting and cringe inducing especially for bosses like Kil’jaeden. I wish they would’ve dropped that kind of shit this time around and focused on making them seem a bit scarier.

I think they nailed it with the old gods/void lords though (specifically old gods). They’re much less in your face about conquering the world especially after failing multiple times.

OT: I think it’d be a pretty even fight but KJ would probably win it out. Hard to tell though
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2018-07-16 at 03:05 AM.

malygos.

aspects are on a higher level than every other thing we've fought until argus and aggramar. kj and arch were slightly above a wild god in terms of power, and the wild gods just aren't as strong as an aspect.

also, just because an eredar sorcerer can use a spell to destroy the entire surface of a planet, DOES NOT mean it itself has the power to do that like a dragon ball z character. spells and rituals are NOT the same thing as shooting a ball of fire from your hand and blowing up a planet.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2018-07-16 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    Demons are vulnerable to every types of magic just like we do. I'm not even sure where you get the "the arcane magic had no effect on Sargeras" bit because it definitely wasn't stated or closely implied anywhere. We've seen arcane magic destroying demons many times in the course of WoW. The Pantheon only lost because, unlike us, they are more susceptible to Fel, not that Sargeras was less susceptible to Arcane.

If we think about it, it isn't even hard to see why "the arcane magic had no effect on Sargeras" was wrong. The magic the Pantheon used to pull Sargeras back and sealed him was Arcane. If Sargeras wasn't vulnerable to Arcane, that wouldn't happen. If we don't count that because it wasn't damaging / offensive magic, then the magic they used in the battle against Sargeras where they were killed was Arcane. That battled lasted long enough that they destroyed stars and carved scars into the reality / physical universe. Unless the Titans are retarded, one would expect them to have realized it and tried other measures (i.e: retreating) long before that point if Sargeras wasn't being affected by their attacks.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2018-07-16 at 03:31 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Demons are vulnerable to every types of magic just like we do. I'm not even sure where you get the "the arcane magic had no effect on Sargeras" bit because it definitely wasn't stated or closely implied anywhere. We've seen arcane magic destroying demons many times in the course of WoW. The Pantheon only lost because, unlike us, they are more susceptible to Fel, not that Sargeras was less susceptible to Arcane.
    people try to make that battle out like it was an instagib by sargeras.

it wasn't, it was large enough to destroy a nearly unimaginable area of space, and who the fuck knows how long it last. sargeras wasn't alone either, he had an army of demons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    people try to make that battle out like it was an instagib by sargeras.

it wasn't, it was large enough to destroy a nearly unimaginable area of space, and who the fuck knows how long it last. sargeras wasn't alone either, he had an army of demons.
    They were annihilated, whether or not how much power he used or didn't use, and the time passed, has no relevance to the fact that they utterly got booty kicked and in return displayed how much power fel magic contains.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post

If we think about it, it isn't even hard to see why "the arcane magic had no effect on Sargeras" was wrong. The magic the Pantheon used to pull Sargeras back and sealed him was Arcane. If Sargeras wasn't vulnerable to Arcane, that wouldn't happen. If we don't count that because it wasn't damaging / offensive magic, then the magic they used in the battle against Sargeras where they were killed was Arcane. That battled lasted long enough that they destroyed stars and carved scars into the reality / physical universe. Unless the Titans are retarded, one would expect them to have realized it and tried other measures (i.e: retreating) long before that point if Sargeras wasn't being affected by their attacks.
    In easier terms so you could understand.

Demons have higher tolerance to every magic school that's not holy and void, simply because fel is a combination of both and thus inherits the weakness of both. Does that mean they don't take damage from the rest? No, but at a less punishing extent than holy/void.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think any single Aspect,save Nozdormu with prep or Deathwing with the Dragon Soul,can take on one of the two great Eredar Lords.And if the 'Arcane is weak to Fel' argument stands Malygos has no chance.Overall,Kiljaedan has far more impressive feats than any of the dragons so i'm going with the Deceiver.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say Malygos pre-Demon soul would win, but not post.