Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Classic's success on Retail beyond BFA

It can not be denied that Classic so far has brought back a lot of old players and even brought new players into the game for the first time. So I got thinking, do you think Blizzard is going to take a hard look at classic and try to bring what made that special into the next expansion?

Though it's too late to remove some systems like AOE looting and other quality of life, but the sense of progress did shine even in Legion for a time with the artifacts.

Edit: Woah I didn't mean to imply they they should remove things like AOE looting. I just referred it being to late as its now added.
    Last edited by PhilUK; 2019-08-28 at 07:50 PM. Reason: AOE Looting

Why in gods name would you target AOE looting, of all things, for your ire? Of all the fucked up things in retail of which there are many, the basic QOL things are not the problem.

They did that with tbc IMO. Content that wasn't accessible unless you were in a good active guild. Long attunments to get acces to endgame content. Do the majority of the playerbase really want a return to that?

Personally I enjoyed those days a lot, but I doubt I'd be willing to put down that amount of effort again.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilUK View Post
    It can not be denied that Classic so far has brought back a lot of old players and even brought new players into the game for the first time. So I got thinking, do you think Blizzard is going to take a hard look at classic and try to bring what made that special into the next expansion?

Though it's too late to remove some systems like AOE looting and other quality of life, but the sense of progress did shine even in Legion for a time with the artifacts.
    Bringing back for how long? That is what matters.

P.S. What Classic functions would they bring back ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Why in gods name would you target AOE looting, of all things, for your ire? Of all the fucked up things in retail of which there are many, the basic QOL things are not the problem.
    lmaooo. I'm literally a "vanilla wow purist scrub" but still the only change I would accept from classic is to have AOE loot and bigger item stacks (at least for soul shards or arrows)
    Retail has 99 problems but AOE loot aint one.

Quote Originally Posted by Waynhim View Post
    They did that with tbc IMO. Content that wasn't accessible unless you were in a good active guild. Long attunments to get acces to endgame content. Do the majority of the playerbase really want a return to that?

Personally I enjoyed those days a lot, but I doubt I'd be willing to put down that amount of effort again.
    And it proved to work. People tend to be more invested when they see there's more ahead for them to achieve. Nowadays they're giving everyone free access to the finish line wthout much effort.

5+ Year Old Account
    Keep the games separate damn controls freaks.

I like both and want both separate.

Yes. i am sure it is AOE looting.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    No fuck that.

People who don't want QoL and slow boring grinds can play Classic. People who want new content and gameplay improvements can play BFA.
    Figures, they got their classic and now they're demanding retail be more like classic, sucks that morons like Ion would likely listen to them because he is desperate to cover up his failure.

Classic no doubt has some lessons that could improve retail going forward (I would throw out, less linear questing as an example).

But yeah if you want "slow boring grinds" as was said above, and no QOL, then Classic is there for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo, the only thing that needs changing is class design. Current class design is ALL kinds of fucked up. Classic class design, mainly in terms of talents, overall number of abilities (You have more buttons in Classic then you do in Retail on almost any class!) rather then preformance, is much, much better.

Blizz basically redesigned every single spec nearly from the ground up every single expansion. Blizz needs to take a single iteration and STICK with it. Add additional iterations via glyphs, talents, or even additional "fun" specs (Specs that aren't designed to be used in cutting-edge content, but are there to try the playstyle to see if it's popular)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilUK View Post

By reveiwing Classic they would not remove AoE looting, nor transmog
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Figures, they got their classic and now they're demanding retail be more like classic, sucks that morons like Ion would likely listen to them because he is desperate to cover up his failure.
    This will never stop, will it?.. until every MMO on the market is... classic. D:
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

its almost like its the third day
    calling success on day 3 guys
    bfa is dead

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    By reveiwing Classic they would not remove AoE looting, nor transmog
    They would never remove transmog but AoE looting removed would mean more time that players would take to get through content...The current developers might just make the incredibly stupid leap in thinking that this would help increase sub numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Imo, the only thing that needs changing is class design. Current class design is ALL kinds of fucked up. Classic class design, mainly in terms of talents, overall number of abilities (You have more buttons in Classic then you do in Retail on almost any class!) rather then preformance, is much, much better.

Blizz basically redesigned every single spec nearly from the ground up every single expansion. Blizz needs to take a single iteration and STICK with it. Add additional iterations via glyphs, talents, or even additional "fun" specs (Specs that aren't designed to be used in cutting-edge content, but are there to try the playstyle to see if it's popular)
    I mean aren't 3/4 of the Classic classes, community branded as unplayable? Tanks without taunts and all that? That's not better.

There was a happy medium of all classes fucntional but not all classes the same, people say MoP but my memory sucks so I can't really say. I DO agree with you on class redesigns every expansion, that needs to stop (assuming they get them back to a decent state first).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    This will never stop, will it?.. until every MMO on the market is... classic. D:
    I guess masochists want everyone else to suffer like them despite that it being their choice to suffer?

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    They would never remove transmog but AoE looting removed would mean more time that players would take to get through content...The current developers might just make the incredibly stupid leap in thinking that this would help increase sub numbers.
    yeah i think removing xmog (or for that matter, flying) would be like a 50% sub loss overnight, not even joking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    I guess masochists want everyone else to suffer like them despite that it being their choice to suffer?
    Yup, look at the No Flying and Leveling Is Too Fast crowds.

Its been two days... chill

5+ Year Old Account
    Removal of xmog and I’m gone from both.
    I can live with no flying.