Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    I know you wont like to hear this...and im sorry...but needs to be said.

In BFA you level alone and dont need the help of anyone...and on top of that the majority of times you cant even trade items with the people you meet on your screen.
    But trading items is the lesser evil.
    You pay no attention to other people around you.
    You dont need them.

There is no sense of community in BfA...compared to Classic.
    I leveled to 60 on my mage in vanilla by grinding and quests, hardly any dungeons because they were too much of a hassle, you don't need to talk/play with anybody else in retail or in classic, your point is invalid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally had to go back to work. Can't wait to be done for the day so I can log in.

I'm have an absolute blast. There are some tedious and frustrating moments, but it is just such an amazing world to explore all over again.

It is gonna be a real struggle to log in to BFA to get my weekly +10s done.

It was epic because on the down time people keep talking and asking for help.
    So...in all those phrases when you see "downtime"...i was talking.
    I... don't even know what to say to a person to who social contacts are epic

Quote Originally Posted by ssjgohan4life View Post
    I leveled to 60 on my mage in vanilla by grinding and quests, hardly any dungeons because they were too much of a hassle, you don't need to talk/play with anybody else in retail or in classic, your point is invalid.
    Today i played and grouped with probably 20 different people. NO EXAGGERATION. I swear to God.
    We talked and messed around.
    We got frustrated and happy.
    Sense of community in Vanilla is amazing at least right now while there are hundreds of other low levels in the world and general chat is being spammed for help in quests.

Its amazing, for me, who loves this part of WoW.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-09-03 at 06:21 PM.

Realized I still had goals in retail that, unlike classic, do have a time limit, that being the end of the expansion. Trying to nab the brawler's guild shirts in particular. Gotta look fly for the fashion event going on.

I'll get to it, for sure, but I had said "when I'm bored of retail" and I'm still riding 8.2 atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by time0ut View Post
    Finally had to go back to work. Can't wait to be done for the day so I can log in.

I'm have an absolute blast. There are some tedious and frustrating moments, but it is just such an amazing world to explore all over again.

It is gonna be a real struggle to log in to BFA to get my weekly +10s done.
    Comments like this make me sad a bit, honestly. If it's a struggle man - don't play! This is a game. Be sure you value your time and don't spend it on things that aren't enjoyable.
    Kepano the Awakened (Main - Resto Shaman)
    Kepana the Seeker (Alt - Druid)

Quote Originally Posted by Estravolt View Post
    I... don't even know what to say to a person to who social contacts are epic
    Im a neckbeard and i love "random" social encounters in videogames....for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Today i played and grouped with probably 20 different people. NO EXAGGERATION. I swear to God.
    Sense of community in Vanilla is amazing at least right now while there are hundreads of other low levels in the world and general chat is being spammed for help in quests.

Yesterday I grouped with 24 other people. No exaggeration. I swear to the flying spaghetti monster.
    Then the LFR raid ended.

It's amazing fro me who loves this part of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by voxnor View Post
    Yesterday I grouped with 24 other people. No exaggeration. I swear to the flying spaghetti monster.
    Then the LFR raid ended.

It's amazing fro me who loves this part of WoW.
    You talked in LFR...nice joke i laughed hard
    There is a big difference between LFR and the frustration of questing in Classic...i think

10+ Year Old Account
    You talked in LFR...nice joke i laughed hard
    Not a joke - I have many fun chats in LFR. Not my fault if your fingers are broken.

Sense of community in Vanilla is amazing at least right now while there are hundreds of other low levels in the world and general chat is being spammed for help in quests.

One point you seem to always reiterate in any thread I see about classic is how there is supposedly no community, nobody playing together in retail, using leveling up as a example. My daughter plays on a starter account, she makes new characters all the time to explore the world, there are just as many new players around her in retail as there are in classic/vanilla, asking for help in chat channels, looking for groups. Everything you want is available in retail, the game is bigger and more open than ever, classic/vanilla only seems bigger because so many are on the hype right now, it wasn't back then and won't be in time.

Not a joke - I have many fun chats in LFR. Not my fault if your fingers are broken.
    I already told this to another person.

In BfA very rarely you socialize about ingame things. You only socialize by saying jokes or talking about IRL.

Classic is so frustrating and messed up, we can have talks about the game itself.

What do you think? I think this is the difference...but im not sure.
    All i know is that is different...for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Comments like this make me sad a bit, honestly. If it's a struggle man - don't play! This is a game. Be sure you value your time and don't spend it on things that aren't enjoyable.
    Ya, I hear ya. I do love mythic raiding though. So somewhat required to do boring crap like M+ and AP grind to keep up with it.

One point you seem to always reiterate in any thread I see about classic is how there is supposedly no community, nobody playing together in retail, using leveling up as a example. My daughter plays on a starter account, she makes new characters all the time to explore the world, there are just as many new players around her in retail as there are in classic/vanilla, asking for help in chat channels, looking for groups. Everything you want is available in retail, the game is bigger and more open than ever, classic/vanilla only seems bigger because so many are on the hype right now, it wasn't back then and won't be in time.
    No, im sorry...dont take this the worng way...but leveling in Vanilla is NOTHING like retail.
    Nothing.
    How can you say that?

Its a millions times different...how can you believe otherwise? Im experiencing it myself. Its insanely social...at least right now.

I already played it 15 years ago and was not in any way nostalgic for the old days of vanilla WoW. I don't miss the shitty class design of half the specs not being viable which helped make vanilla questing feel worse than it really is. The end game is also just not very good for people like me who are now in their 30's who don't have the time to take 3 hours to make and run a UBRS. Now if the server was a TBC or WotLK server I'd be all over it since that's when Blizzard added the much needed QoL changes and most specs became viable and fun. I did have fun seeing the old zones I haven't seen in over a decade though but getting up to level 30 was enough for me as I started getting to the zones I still vividly remember and not in a good way.

I already told this to another person.

In BfA very rarely you socialize about ingame things. You only socialize by saying jokes or talking about IRL.

Classic is so frustrating and messed up, we can have talks about the game itself.

What do you think? I think this is the difference...but im not sure.
    All i know is that is different...for me.
    Its like you play a completely different game, my guild chat is full of people talking about dungeons, raids, m+ runs, real life. Seems like you played with a very inactive guild on an inactive server and decided that is how the entirety of retail is.

- - - Updated - - -

No, im sorry...dont take this the worng way...but leveling in Vanilla is NOTHING like retail.
    Nothing.
    How can you say that?

Its a millions times different...how can you believe otherwise? Im experiencing it myself. Its insanely social...at least right now.
    I've played since day one of vanilla, I'm playing classic and retail now, and I play with my daughter, literally no difference socially except retail has QoL making it better

Work & Queue times are the only thing stopping me from playing!
    Classic is here to stay and at least 1m+ subs are dedicated to it.

I've played since day one of vanilla, I'm playing classic and retail now, and I play with my daughter, literally no difference socially except retail has QoL making it better
    What level are u in classic if u dont mind me asking?

Im level 27 and the general chat is being spamed for "help" in all kinds of quests.
    Questions left and right
    Grouping so no one steals mobs from eachother.
    People waiting for respawns
    People helping eachother on the "nighmare" elite quests.

You may have not experience this if you are low level and left behind deserted areas...thats what i assume :S

Had to go to the work.

I'm enjoying my time with Classic so far.

As for people who get stuck in the queue, I strongly recommend rerolling on other realm with no queue. You will enjoy your time more. I lost my level 12 hunter to the 10k queue and now I got level 30 war/priest on new realm.

100% worth it. You'll make new friends with people.

You may have not experience this if you are low level and left behind deserted areas...thats what i assume :S
    So exactly like retail then. People talk more in zones that have people in them who'd imagine that.