dungeon question

Why are there so many 8/10 man groups doing dungeons?And why i did not hear anyone talk about it in the past 3 months?Is that a new thing?Do they level faster or something?
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

You can do many of the early dungeons with 10 people, it makes it a lot easier and faster.

I have no idea if the exp/hour is faster that way or not, they might just be underleveled and using numbers to win.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

More AoE damage done, less damage taken, less downtime, faster kills. It all makes sense, as long as the Mages/Warlocks have enough mana to kill everything in time. Now, if it's actually faster than a 5-6 person group/raid I'm not sure.

As for why normal people don't do this, is because you can't do quests in a raid. And most of the time when you do a dungeon, at least 1 person has a quest they want to complete in the dungeon. That and not everyone cares to grind out xp like this.

Best thing I can think of is just let the streamers and others that want to grind out like this do it and to continue playing at your own pace and enjoyment.