Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    My point wasn't that it's encouraged. I was more disputing the fact that people were saying NOBODY does it.

- - - Updated - - -

Calling an opinion fact doesn't suddenly make it true.

- - - Updated - - -

Asmonbald and his cult have pulled similar shit on retail. All this shows is that he has scores of people OBSESSED with him.
    Well he's dating catdanni now apparently. She also has a lot of followers. :P
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Well he's dating catdanni now apparently. She also has a lot of followers. :P
    Doesn't change the fact that people are obsessed with him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that people are obsessed with him.
    Ive heard a few compare him to Trump. :P
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Here is why Classic has been so great

There’s always tangible progression. Everything is a threat from 1-60, but you start to get more and more tools, your character grows. The amount of immersion in this game is insane. The feeling of being a fucking nobody trying to survive and get powerful. When you’re the zero wanting to be the hero everything is challenging. Being the hero means you know you’ll win.

The flow of the game. The game from the ground up is designed to encourage players to group up and help each other. To share knowledge and resources and to help those who are behind to catch up.

Classic is harder, unforgiving and can be frustrating, but once you achieve your goal it feels great. That sense of accomplishment is addicting. Leveling takes time. Progress takes time. Means you put more time and get stuff from hard work. Leveling actually feels like a challenging experience instead of a boring rush to max level.

It's an mmo plus rpg again, a plus 1 stat means something, you notice the difference, you feel the difference. The classes have their own unique pros & cons, separating them from each other. Professions actually mean something now as gold is extremely hard to come by.

It has been an awesome experience so far, the world is bustling and active. The players have been great. I had high expectations and it has exceeded them.

EDIT:

You have Retail players saying Retail is better, they are right. It's right for them.

You have Classic players saying Classic is better, they are right. It is best for them.

Really that is all it is. The only difference is im not in retail forums yelling classic is better. You have your team and in most cases I do not trust teams of any sorts. Enjoy your retail, I will not hate on it and won't come over there to deliberately hate on it. Maybe everyone involved can do the same. I love Classic, you hate it...big fucking deal. How about we just quit being douchebags about it?
    Jeez, can we just stop beating the dead horse already? What point are you exactly trying to prove? Good for you. Now go play your Classic. What are you doing here on the forums? -_- Ive been through Classic and have been at it since 2007...

Quote Originally Posted by helusay View Post
    You didn't point out my inability to make friends. What I said:

Which is merely stating an opportunity to connect with another human.

First, you assume that I lack the social abilities to make friends. Insult #1.

Second, you assume that I follow a Twitch streamer (The only thing I use Twitch for is addon management). Then you state that people who follow said streamer must force their way into friendships. Insult #2

Then you assume that I have no ability to communicate in a friendly manner and then refer to me as a weasel. Insult #3

I tried to reply to you in a rational manner, but you can't handle rational behavior because you have demonstrated an inability to communicate with other humans.

Therefore, I will impose some assumptions about you. You're a knuckle-dragging, pathetic, pile of excrement that lacks any common decency.

Or to put it in words that you will understand: "Fuck you, you fucking fuck"
    lol i dont care at all tbh, good thing you don't have to weasel into groups in lfr.

also, it's not that deep. I get that you think it is, but it isn't.

streamers are popular, more news at 11.

how do you not realise this? moreso, why the fuck do you care? seems like you are jealous of them?
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

I have immensely enjoyed the journy to 60 (hit it today), but now i'm there, suddenly my enthusiam seems to have been crushed.

As i always planned out, i'd get to 60, enjoy the journey but now it'll just be something I do now and then, the same as any alt I have in retail.

I have to admit, I knew i'd lose some interest at 60 but, actually i've lost quite a lot of interest. Classic really is about the journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Enan1981 View Post
    Jeez, can we just stop beating the dead horse already? What point are you exactly trying to prove? Good for you. Now go play your Classic. What are you doing here on the forums? -_- Ive been through Classic and have been at it since 2007...
    What are you doing here in this thread then? Not sure what your blithering post was meant to say here.
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

7+ Year Old Account
    What did came true is the amount of butt hurt Retail players who feel the need to make sure that we know how bad classic is...and how bad we are for liking it.
    Its a team thing really.

Both classic and retail players are rooting for their team to be the best and are attacking each other with all kinds of things. Retail players are calling Classic players no-lifers who like farming games, where Classic players call Retail players mindless drones and etc.

Its not surprising, just as you are proving with your clearly "Go team Classic" posts and arguements You are part of the Classic team.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

What are you doing here in this thread then? Not sure what your blithering post was meant to say here.
    Coz im not pandering on here glorifying something they seem to boast about. I let my sub lapse. And from your post history, ill try not to assume.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    They are hungry for content. Constantly!

Have you seen how early into a major patch threads start popping up asking "When is next patch?"

Its insane fast.
    No one can keep up with this kind of demand...its aweful game design if you ask me.
    I hate themepark MMO's because of this. Its a constant hunger for new content.
    That's how it is for all games that roll out content continuously. Same for Warframe, same for GW2, same for FFXIV, etc. People consume shit way faster than it can be made, much less made properly these these days.

What did came true is the amount of butt hurt Retail players who feel the need to make sure that we know how bad classic is...and how bad we are for liking it.
    Your thread is literally the same in reverse though. The circle is perpetuated.
    Last edited by Halyon; 2019-09-27 at 03:26 AM.

I have seen more than a few retail guilds come over to classic now. I just think people are really enjoying Classic.
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Yes, I love my identity as a frost mage where i spam 1 button and get to parses.
    This is reductive and you know it. BFA has more complicated rotations sure, but they're extraordinarily simple. And you never have to worry about mana management in the least. Citing raid rotations as lack of class identity is stupid.

The flavor spells that were cut from the game were so much fun. And in the end that's where WoW Classic succeeds and BFA fails. It isn't fun.

As a mage you shouldn't bitch at all. Teleportation is easily one of the most powerful things n WoW classic and people depend on you for that sweet sweet water. Even though it seems like ever motherfucker and their dog rolled mage...

In BFA, the last time I died in the open world was....uh...never to mobs. You don't have to be careful about anything. In classic, i died just yesterday because i fucking ran out of mana after a mob got scared and ran into a bunch of other mobs. Classic raises the stakes. IF you can't handle that, retail is there for a more casual experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    I have immensely enjoyed the journy to 60 (hit it today), but now i'm there, suddenly my enthusiam seems to have been crushed.

As i always planned out, i'd get to 60, enjoy the journey but now it'll just be something I do now and then, the same as any alt I have in retail.

I have to admit, I knew i'd lose some interest at 60 but, actually i've lost quite a lot of interest. Classic really is about the journey.
    Not really, that might be your experience, but for a lot of people that was just the awesome start. Some people are looking forward to gearing up from dungeons and starting to raid, some people are looking forward to BG's, some people are just enjoying the new feel of the game and trying all sorts at 60. I understand some people won't do much when they hit 60, but that doesn't mean everyone will be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyyte View Post
    This is reductive and you know it. BFA has more complicated rotations sure, but they're extraordinarily simple. And you never have to worry about mana management in the least. Citing raid rotations as lack of class identity is stupid.

The flavor spells that were cut from the game were so much fun. And in the end that's where WoW Classic succeeds and BFA fails. It isn't fun.

As a mage you shouldn't bitch at all. Teleportation is easily one of the most powerful things n WoW classic and people depend on you for that sweet sweet water. Even though it seems like ever motherfucker and their dog rolled mage...

In BFA, the last time I died in the open world was....uh...never to mobs. You don't have to be careful about anything. In classic, i died just yesterday because i fucking ran out of mana after a mob got scared and ran into a bunch of other mobs. Classic raises the stakes. IF you can't handle that, retail is there for a more casual experience.
    How exactly is it stupid? Who cares if I'm spamming shadow bolt or frost bolt. If you think class identify is based on the type of damage your 1 button rotation does then that's stupid. If it's not based on that then what else is there? Being mediocre in BFA is somewhat simple but let me know when you get top 10, hell even top 100, world parses on anything in BFA. Mana management isn't fun nor engaging. It was the best attempt they had at balancing mana users with non-mana users.

What flavor spells? You didn't fucking use any of them in raid so who cares?

So now my class identify as a mage is really a vending machine. So much fun.

Dying in the open world makes the game fun? How? Once you're level 60 you don't even have to go out into the open world anymore. You sit in IF or SW with your LFR level raid epics. At least in BFA, to be competitive, you still have to do open world content. Is it challenging? Not really. I wouldn't say it's particularly fun either but it is something to do other than sit in IF or SW. The challenge is from the raids that are actually difficult.

The back-and-forth here really drives home how Vanilla/Classic is not at its strongest from a pure, especially from a modern, PVE perspective. If you don't like chipping away at mob groups or actually dying from them, or traveling across zones for quests where the value is storytelling only, or really having to search for information handed out today, yeah, it's impractical. But not everybody plays a game to be practical.

I do miss alot of the flavour spells, even if they never used and an be seen as clutter their nice to have.
    But let's be honest, combat abilites are just boring. The downtime in Classic combat is mind-numbing.

This is constantly brought up, but it simply isn't true. When under geared or leveling in current content you can't just pull everything and have no care, you will die. And that's with have having vastly more tools to deal with the situation.

In classic you have far less tools, but you can choose what you fight just like retail.
    If you die, it's normally your own fault. Your fear example, you could have used your mana better and saved it for a cc or slow.

It's not harder take longer, if anything you have far more to time to think your way out dangerous situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    In Dark Souls you can do the same, enemies have a leash distance in most cases. Even in Dark Souls 2 edition for xbox one and playstation 4 they still have a leash even if its bigger than the one in the previous gen version.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I think its the worst in the series.

- - - Updated - - -

Same as Dark Souls... Punishing and slow. Don't see why people would give a 8 dificult rate for DkS and 1 to vanilla wow. In fact its easier to exploit Dark Souls enemies. You can cheese pretty much everything in the 3 games what you can't do to most enemies in WoW. You can find path exploits with certain boss enemies that are melee range but its not that common (and that depends on you being a ranged class).
    My first mmo, iRO, thrived on that kind of stuff. Mages and archers could level faster than anyone by explicitly targetting static mobs that couldn't move, slow mobs, or mobs on maps you could trap at the bottom of cliffs that could not be climbed. Was quite a shock when I came to WoW and discovered evasion.

People in classic dying to mobs are just bad. I still havent died a single time during leveling except for once, fall damage.

It's just a different pacing, some like slow pacing and some like fast pacing.

opinions are like assholes, everyone got one.

I got my pala to lvl 39, stopped playing.
    did the new content in 8.2.5, stopped playing
    Now unsubbed. Only thing thats going to bring me back is new content for retail tbh, cause that is atleast new. I played classic back in the old days. So everything I do there has already been experienced.

And thats my opininon. If you think otherwise, congrats you have an asshole too!

So my question is - whats your obsession about telling everyone how great classic is and everyone who dont think so are wrong?

ANyways off to play some Gears 5.