Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Acolyyte View Post
    In BFA, the last time I died in the open world was....uh...never to mobs. You don't have to be careful about anything. In classic, i died just yesterday because i fucking ran out of mana after a mob got scared and ran into a bunch of other mobs. Classic raises the stakes. IF you can't handle that, retail is there for a more casual experience.
    My paladin is now level 55 and I haven't died out in the open world since I was level 14 (not counting getting ganked by horde). Classic is the perfect casual game for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Lets take the favorite data to measure success of classic fanboys: twitch viewers. It was 1.3m, lets see what we got now:

Oh my. Ye you are right no decline!
    Cant take any comment serious from someone who has that cringe in their signature.

When Asmongold is offline you have to scroll down for like 2 hours to find WoW , it's dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    Cant take any comment serious from someone who has that cringe in their signature.
    Said the guy with pewpew in his name.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Stood in the Fire buddhapunch09's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Classic WoW is the greatest video game ever made by man.
    "You can't make the judgement of prostitution simply by observing an exchange of goods." - Quetzl

10+ Year Old Account
    It's amazing to see people so passionate about WoW that they fight among themselves of which version of the game is better. Sadly some of the people here just argue for the sake of arguing and to validate that their opinion is the best one.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.

I'm loving Classic, Classes havn't been gutted and still have class identity. E.g. Frost mages don't all of a sudden forget how to use Arcane spells.
    Prefer Professions in classic. I have enchanting and there are so many more enchants for slots compared to retail.
    The levelling is long but does feel more rewarding, Defo prefer this talent system compared to retail.
    Also community matters again.

They are both completely different games though really

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    My first mmo, iRO, thrived on that kind of stuff. Mages and archers could level faster than anyone by explicitly targetting static mobs that couldn't move, slow mobs, or mobs on maps you could trap at the bottom of cliffs that could not be climbed. Was quite a shock when I came to WoW and discovered evasion.
    I remember playing Phantasy Star online for Gamecube, it was better to use ranged and move back inside a corridor when enemies got close so they would reset (but they wouldn't regen like in Wow).
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    I remember playing Phantasy Star online for Gamecube, it was better to use ranged and move back inside a corridor when enemies got close so they would reset (but they wouldn't regen like in Wow).
    It was funny. There were literally mobs that couldn't move. Mages and archers would junk plink away at them until they died, sometimes getting 10-20% of a level in one kill because the things were so freaking high level they had no legit reason for being there, except they could be.

The biggest difference from BFA and Classic is mostly the amount of time you need to spend to get the stuff you want done. Some people tend to enjoy a longer grind, because it gives a bigger gratification towards the item or whatever it is you grind for.

I was genuinly happy when I reached 60. I was also genuinly happy when I finished pre-raid bis, because so much time was put into it.

Later expansions has minimized the amount of time and effort needed into getting what you want.

Of course BFA is more technical and hard than classic, why is that even up for discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by fjeenzy View Post
    The biggest difference from BFA and Classic is mostly the amount of time you need to spend to get the stuff you want done. Some people tend to enjoy a longer grind, because it gives a bigger gratification towards the item or whatever it is you grind for.

I was genuinly happy when I reached 60. I was also genuinly happy when I finished pre-raid bis, because so much time was put into it.

Later expansions has minimized the amount of time and effort needed into getting what you want.

Of course BFA is more technical and hard than classic, why is that even up for discussion?
    Because you have the brain to tell apart things as they are, most people dont.

For the average person that never played the game to an appropriate level or speed of progression, because their reasons, they think that: time to do something irrelevant = difficulty.

And anyone that does it even 1 minute faster is "nerd, hardcore" etc etc, you get the meaning.

People cant get into their heads that the game has changed for them to see the content, instead of them raiding T1 with freebie T3 gear to carry their lack of knowledge/skill/time call it whatever, from some point system, when the timeline is to be raiding T4, and ending up never seeing T2-T4.
    Last edited by potis; 2019-10-04 at 12:18 PM.

For all the arguing here, is there anyone who just really enjoys having both?
    I mean, Megaman 2 is an amazing game. Megaman X is as well. It really doesn't matter which one is "better". I think there are definitely some things retail could learn from Classic, and plenty of things I'm glad are no longer a facet of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Akibaboy View Post
    For all the arguing here, is there anyone who just really enjoys having both?
    I mean, Megaman 2 is an amazing game. Megaman X is as well. It really doesn't matter which one is "better". I think there are definitely some things retail could learn from Classic, and plenty of things I'm glad are no longer a facet of the game.
    I enjoy having both. Right now I cant play either(To busy with other stuff), but I have enjoyed playing both versions and I will in the future too.

I treat classic just as I planned - I take my time with the leveling. Checking out every zone and quest there is, leveling proffessions along the way. I dont care if I reach 60 tomorrow or in 6 months. Oh and I have and play characters on both factions, so its going to take a while to reach 60.

I log into retail also, theres always something there I want to do.

Or I dont play either and do other things lol.

But yeah - I bet theres alot of people out there who enjoy both versions, and for us its really great. But that drowns in the constant nerdrage from people who hate/Love either version and gotta scream to everyone who is wrong.