Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Based on this - next expansion will be great!

Cata - bad
    MoP - good (it was!!)
    WoD - bad
    Legion - good
    BFA - bad
    Next - good!!

Get hyped!!

Solid prediction, what could go wrong!!

TBC - First expansion, didn't like it but it got me hooked
    WotLK - Expansion that I learned I enjoy raiding, but hardly my favorite
    Cata - Awesome, 2nd favorite expansion
    MoP - Mediocre, good raiding though
    WoD - My favorite expansion
    Legion - First expansion to make me quit
    BfA - Came back because they fixed what made me quit in Legion, generally enjoyable
    Next - ...uh.

If only my opinion was able to be diluted into a simple "bad/good" format, maybe I could predict the future better.

5+ Year Old Account
    WoD-Legion-BfA progressively worse class design. What can go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    WoD-Legion-BfA progressively worse class design. What can go wrong?
    Considering the current state of class design, not much anymore...

The only way is up! :P

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    BfA - Came back because they fixed what made me quit in Legion, generally enjoyable
    Next - ...uh.
    Genuinely interested. What made you quit?

Next - ...uh.

If only my opinion was able to be diluted into a simple "bad/good" format, maybe I could predict the future better.
    This is probably a first. =/

I guess to try to spin this into something positive, be happy you're pretty unique I guess?? :P

- - - Updated - - -

Wondering that as well... and what BFA "fixed" that made him come back.

Too many options? Not enough focus on PVP or that outdated Horde vs Alliance nonsense or something??? Given his favorite expansions seem to be ones that tend to have Horde/Orcs being assholes...

Quote Originally Posted by Alempa View Post
    Cata - bad
    MoP - good (it was!!)
    WoD - bad
    Legion - good
    BFA - bad
    Next - good!!

Get hyped!!
    It's amusing how people who use that list as indication of a pattern, always "forget" to add the first two expansions, TBC and Wrath, who were two good expansions, back-to-back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post

I guess to try to spin this into something positive, be happy you're pretty unique I guess?? :P
    I know a few people who rank WOD quite high. They're all primarily raiders, because WoD had genually fantastic raids, but nothing else to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It's amusing how people who use that list as indication of a pattern, always "forget" to add the first two expansions, TBC and Wrath, who were two good expansions, back-to-back.
    Unless you're like me and didn't like tbc, in which case the pattern sticks! (aside from liking wod and cata)

Legion was far from good. But enjoy your titanforge and AP hamster wheels.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Wondering that as well...

Too many options? Not enough focus on PVP or something??? Given his favorite expansions seem to be ones that tend to have Horde/Orcs being assholes...
    Considering FFXIV is not more popular than WoW despite having better graphics, music, story, class design, profession system and beefier content updates it is easy to summarize that there are people with vastly different tastes. I have no idea what can make people prefer WoD over MoP and BfA over Legion but we might get an enlightening and interesting answer. I won't challenge it unless it is objectively wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not really, since some people call TBC the downfall of WoW (When it started going to shit) because of flying and giving out gear more easily than in vanilla it still follows the pattern.
    Vanilla - Good
    TBC - Bad
    Wrath - Good
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Unless you're like me and didn't like tbc, in which case the pattern sticks! (aside from liking wod and cata)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Not really, since some people call TBC the downfall of WoW (When it started going to shit) because of flying and giving out gear more easily than in vanilla it still follows the pattern.
    Vanilla - Good
    TBC - Bad
    Wrath - Good
    Perhaps. But personal opinions aside, Wrath and TBC end up in the top half of the vast majority of "best expansions" polls and lists.

Next - ...uh.

WoD is your favorite expansion?!

- - - Updated - - -

Considering FFXIV is not more popular than WoW despite having better graphics, music, story, class design, profession system and beefier content updates it is easy to summarize that there are people with vastly different tastes. I have no idea what can make people prefer WoD over MoP and BfA over Legion but we might get an enlightening and interesting answer. I won't challenge it unless it is objectively wrong.
    FFXIV does NOT have better music than WoW. The fuck?

I would not call it my favorite, but it's up there with WOTLK for me - needless to say that i really don't get all the hate it gets.

Cata was fantastic until Dragon Soul. Easily the best opening tier of any expansion and Firelands was great as well. Blizzard did Deathwing dirty.

7+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps. But personal opinions aside, Wrath and TBC end up in the top half of the vast majority of "best expansions" polls and lists.
    But aren't all expansion rankings based on personal opinions?

(Btw what I mentioned about TBC and the downfall is not my opinion but what I've seen on the classic forums when discussions on future of classic were brought up)

In my personal opinion every expansion was good, and most times I had to take a break was because of personal RL stuff. There are those that I enjoyed more than others but if any of the "bad" expansions was as objectively bad as people claim there wouldn't be any expansion afterwards.

I was trying to prove a point that you can create a pattern however you like with expansions to fit your vision, but that doesn't mean that patter is true.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    But aren't all expansion rankings based on personal opinions?

(Btw what I mentioned about TBC and the downfall is not my opinion but what I've seen on the classic forums when discussions on future of classic were brought up)

In my personal opinion every expansion was good, and most times I had to take a break was because of personal RL stuff. There are those that I enjoyed more than others but if any of the "bad" expansions was as objectively bad as people claim there wouldn't be any expansion afterwards.

I was trying to prove a point that you can create a pattern however you like with expansions to fit your vision, but that doesn't mean that patter is true.
    Personal opinions, by themselves, are just that: personal opinions.

But when you put them all together, they become more solid evidence. It's what polls are: personal opinions all put together.

The 54-trait artifact grind burnt me out. I know they improved it in later patches but I had already quit at that point.

7+ Year Old Account
    The 54-trait artifact grind burnt me out.
    You mean the grind that you made yourself?

There was no grind for anyone except those the deliberately made it one.

Formerly known as Arafal