Page 1 of 2
LastLast

A little bit frustrated with Vanilla right now

I am enjoying a lot of things about the game right now, but some things really frustrate me immensely. Playing a warrior right now and sometimes fighting two enemies at a time can be impossible. Enemies just appear out of nowhere. I've been playing for 11 years. I even know the old zones, as I first started leveling up during TBC when things were still very similar. But I just find myself being overwhelmed all the time. I know how to play. It's not just that it's hard, it's outright unfair and things are out of your control all the time. You see a chest, or a mining node, run over, and two enemies respawn. You pull an enemy and 2 more, that were standing quite a bit away from the first one, are pulled with him. This isn't about difficulty, these are either sheer oversights made by people with very few experience, or intentionally designed to frustrate you. "You think you are having fun? Let's stop that right now." I wanna play, but it's like the game is pushing me away.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed and noted several times the whole Classic thing was made with a large portion of "in your face"-attitude, just to show and prove how bad the game was back than and how much have it improved by now to all those whiners who kept nagging about how much better old Vanilla was

Kill green mobs if you want to play Warrior solo smoothly. Also, brave of you to hide behind an extra account.

Oh and maybe don't make such a wall of text next time.

You need to look for the mobs, the nameplates appear too late. Always drink on the last mob you killed. Watch for patrols. Use potions (troll is very useful).

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Kill green mobs if you want to play Warrior solo smoothly. Also, brave of you to hide behind an extra account.
    Yeah, none of my quests are green, and I'm not gonna just kill mobs. That won't be fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    You need to look for the mobs
    They come up from behind, or just spawn right around me.

Warrior is rather weak in leveling unless you have someone there to heal you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Always drink on the last mob you killed. Watch for patrols. Use potions (troll is very useful).
    I drink and use potions whenever I can. I can't buy additonal ones, because I just don't have enough gold, I'm already behind on my skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Landorel View Post
    Yeah, none of my quests are green, and I'm not gonna just kill mobs. That won't be fun.

- - - Updated - - -

They come up from behind, or just spawn right around me.
    Are you like level 8 or something? There's almost always alternative zones where you'll definitely have lower level quests.

Also, brave of you to hide behind an extra account.
    This isn't an extra account, and what are you talking about. Hide? How about you show your real face and don't HIDE behind your online avatar. Leave this thread if you only wanna flame.

Oh and maybe don't make such a wall of text next time.
    If this is a wall of text to you, you need to read more books.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Warrior is rather weak in leveling unless you have someone there to heal you.
    Yes, Warrior is the weakest leveler, doesn't mean you can't level a Warrior though, you just have to be smart about it.

Are you like level 8 or something? There's almost always alternative zones where you'll definitely have lower level quests.
    How about I don't wanna travel for 1 hour to a new zone for 5 quests? Seriously, stop trolling.

If this is a wall of text to you, you need to read more books.
    Oh, this is the first paragraph of your new book? Cool! Why are you writing it here, on an online forum, where the rules are different and your post is most definitely a wall of text?

- - - Updated - - -

How about I don't wanna travel for 1 hour to a new zone for 5 quests? Seriously, stop trolling.
    Then maybe Classic isn't for you. Trolling? Get real. An hour? Laughable. Hotel? Trivago.

Classic is supposed to be hard, sometimes feeling borderline impossible.

Its obviously an old game but it was also designed to be punishing - back in the vanilla days WoW leveling was considered easy when compared to other MMOs before it.

Personally i am immensely enjoying the leveling difficulty, reminds me of the old Elder Scrolls Morrowind or the Dark Souls series.

Yes, Warrior is the weakest leveler, doesn't mean you can't level a Warrior though, you just have to be smart about it.
    Really? So if I go up to a mining node and two mobs spawn, one of which is a caster, that hits very hard, and there is no way of winning the fight, no way of escaping from the situation alive, cause I'm in a mine and I would only run into more mobs, please tell me how "being smart about it" would have made a difference. What would have been the smart approach to this situation?

This isn't about being able to level a warrior up to max level. It's about the process being very frustrating. Everything you suggest would just add more frustration.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Classic is supposed to be hard
    It's not being hard. Read the OP properly. I already addressed the point before it came up. Difficulty can be overcome. The problem is with unfair situations that you can't overcome.

Really? So if I go up to a mining node and two mobs spawn, one of which is a caster, that hits very hard, and there is no way of winning the fight, no way of escaping from the situation alive, cause I'm in a mine and I would only run into more mobs, please tell me how "being smart about it" would have made a difference. What would have been the smart approach to this situation?

This isn't about being able to level a warrior up to max level. It's about the process being very frustrating. Everything you suggest would just add more frustration.
    Being in a zone where the mobs are green to you, in which case you would easily win in that situation.

Having potions with you to heal in sticky situations.

Having bandages with you to heal in sticky (but managed) situations.

You can level a Warrior relatively easily and smoothly if you're just smart and careful about it. If being smart and careful is frustrating to you, then maybe Classic isn't for you, and Warrior most definitely isn't for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    I've noticed and noted several times the whole Classic thing was made with a large portion of "in your face"-attitude, just to show and prove how bad the game was back than and how much have it improved by now to all those whiners who kept nagging about how much better old Vanilla was
    Classic and retail are targetting two different demografic of players.Other wise there would not be:
    1.so many people playing on private servers
    2.Quitting retail because they don't like the expansion (put here what ever expansion you want from cata to BFA)
    3.So many wanting Classis and TBC re-released

Those who like Classic will stay.Everyone else will quit.Yesterday i was watching Jokerd's stream.The passion he talked with about classic showed he would never touch retail WoW.This says enough there are enough players to support classic.They like the way the game is and don't think it is a bad game design.
    Last edited by dragnipur; 2019-09-01 at 08:32 AM.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

Just to add one more example... I was just standing there fighting my own mob, someone ran past me with his own mob, he died, and the mob then ran towards me. That mob then killed me. This is no way a failure on my part. It is not a situation I could've predicted. I could not have known that person would run past me and have that mob enter a fight with me. This is simply bad luck, because of a badly-designed system. Things like that can happen in the current game as well, but they are way more rare.

@Landorel i dont find those situations unfair in that sense.
    Yea you can call them bullshitty or lame but i personally dont find them unfair and i consider them a part of the difficulty, an element of the unpredictable outdoor world.

Every day in classic i die a sh*tton of times and the only time when i say unfair is when i get 5 misses in a row and the enemy gets 5 crits in a row... but even that is the "charm" of vanilla.

Being in a zone where the mobs are green to you, in which case you would easily win in that situation.
    If I was in a zone where mobs were still green to me, I would not have been in that mine, trying to pick up that node. Your answer is non-sensical.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    @Landorel i dont find those situations unfair in that sense.
    They couldn't be more unfair.

If I was in a zone where mobs were still green to me, I would not have been in that mine, trying to pick up that node. Your answer is non-sensical.
    Meaning your entire scenario is a result of you not being smart and careful. How is that non-sensical? Why would you pose a question of "how can I be smart in a situation that only arose because I was being not smart?"? Do you just want to fail?