Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Layering is actually making leveling MORE difficult

Layering was implemented to spread people. But in a world where you are intended to quest with others this is making the quest experience more difficult. I'm constantly on an empty layer requesting invites to get to a layer where I can actually find people to complete quest objectives with.

Anyone else experiencing trouble like this?

As a 43 Warrior its difficult to solo large packs/elites on a consistent basis, even with Sweeping Strikes. Not having other people to meet and assist is really making the leveling process a headache when it does not need to be.

Anyway, that is my two cents.

Did you see the queues? Thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    Did you see the queues? Thats why.
    Blizzard control that though - they could, and have, massively increase the cap on a server. They could completely remove the queue if they wanted, they just dont feel it is good for the game in the long run, as ppl will become even more frustrated competing with 50 ppl for a quest kill instead of 5

I find the opposite. The only time I feel like I actually have to group up is because there's so many of us in one area trying to get the same mobs.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Same as the above.. I constantly see a lot of people on top of the mobs I need.
    I'm usually the one who starts the group and I find myself saying "sorry the group is full" way too often.

Perhaps the faction representation on your server is too low, or you are just trying to rush on everything all the time you think it's unacceptable to wait 2 seconds for anything.

I'm not really finding any issues with not enough mobs or not enough players, but I'm on a PvE realm so there's less population overall, less layers.

How would you even know? There's no non-layered version to actually draw comparisons to.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    How would you even know? There's no non-layered version to actually draw comparisons to.
    I mean, I've experienced that, and maybe that is the problem. Won't say much beyond that due to request of moderators.

Perhaps it is just something that needs additional tuning. The world just feels artificially empty. More than 50 people in leveling range for Tanaris and no one in site. Skeram US

3+ Year Old Account
    I have not experienced empty layers. Like others here, I am grouping up both easily and out of necessity just due to the fact there are so many people you can't get a tag otherwise, not because the mobs are difficult. This is on a PvE server which I think are typically lower population. I can only imagine what it would be like without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Canield View Post
    I mean, I've experienced that, and maybe that is the problem. Won't say much beyond that due to request of moderators.

Perhaps it is just something that needs additional tuning. The world just feels artificially empty. More than 50 people in leveling range for Tanaris and no one in site. Skeram US
    It's probably because you're way ahead of the curve. Most players are nowhere near those level ranges yet, so weird things might be happening there. A system made for everyone will sometimes be disadvantagous for those way ahead

like??

also, layering is smart, as in if you're on an empty layer in a specific zone, i'm pretty sure you will be thrown into another one. you're either looking at wrong places or expecting to fight for one named mob for each and every quest, which is not how it's intended to be.

yeah, the highest level we could find on my server yesterday was 51. Most seemed to be between 16-30.

A lot of people are playing slow and just enjoying the game, Tanaris is kinda "up there" for less than a week since release.

Mostly just because atm you're ahead of the majority of the curve a lot less over 40.

You could try whispering them. Actually talk to people instead of just inviting them out of convenience.

Layering was implemented to spread people. But in a world where you are intended to quest with others this is making the quest experience more difficult. I'm constantly on an empty layer requesting invites to get to a layer where I can actually find people to complete quest objectives with.

Anyone else experiencing trouble like this?

As a 43 Warrior its difficult to solo large packs/elites on a consistent basis, even with Sweeping Strikes. Not having other people to meet and assist is really making the leveling process a headache when it does not need to be.

Anyway, that is my two cents.
    Most people aren't 40+, also from what I've read the amount of players per layer is close to what the server cap was of Vaninlla servers. If there was no layering the only solution would be to add 100 more servers ... which would eventually just as empty as your layer is right now, leading to dead servers, leading the people leaving, leading to server mergers (forcing people to change their names which would turn out great btw). Layering they can just reduce the amount of layers (which they said they will every week).

So far its making it more easy for me. O

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Blizzard control that though - they could, and have, massively increase the cap on a server. They could completely remove the queue if they wanted, they just dont feel it is good for the game in the long run, as ppl will become even more frustrated competing with 50 ppl for a quest kill instead of 5
    This how Blizzard has kept the retail world artificially for years. Why would you think they would not artificially do so in Classic? Blizzard want you completing with as many people for resources in order keep the world full and inflate the economy on the servers.

I guess I see what you mean, but speaking personally I've been busy during the week working and had a bunch of other life stuff/social commitments that take priority when it comes to free time, so between that and massive queues I only managed to make it to 22.

Not making any judgements, to be clear, but I imagine a lot of people are in a similar position and the higher level ranges are very likely to be sparse; problem is that if there were fewer layers, you'd be able to get a group but the lower levels would be a total hellscape due to the sheer numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Apexis View Post
    This how Blizzard has kept the retail world artificially for years. Why would you think they would not artificially do so in Classic? Blizzard want you completing with as many people for resources in order keep the world full and inflate the economy on the servers.
    For gods sake, can you guys not go 5 minutes without awkwardly trying to force this into a retail Vs classic thing? Its really quite pathetic. This has NOTHING to do with BfA at all, and everything to do with the very public blue posts Blizzard have made about this exact issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    I find the opposite. The only time I feel like I actually have to group up is because there's so many of us in one area trying to get the same mobs.
    This is my experience as well. And sadly my realm doesn't seem to be a polite one like those posted on reddit where people make lines and wait for their turn to kill the boss.