Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Talking What spec are you rogues leveling as?

Trying to get ahead of the game on weapon training and specs. I juts dinged 10 so can't really provide any discussion myself yet. I remember combat with swords being good focusing on energy/combo point sustenance.

Most People i've seen and played with leveling has been combat sword specced.

Not the best for pvp but damn that mob clear speed is crazy.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you are going horde and can pair up with a shaman, you will level at insane speed. WF combat sword rogue 0_0
    Current Rig
    Intel i5 3570K | Corsair H100 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | R9 390 8GB | G.Skill 16GB | Intel 520 Series 180GB | 8TB in HDDs
    Seasonic X-760 760W | 27" U2711 Dell | Corsair 600T | Logitech Z506 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit

I'm Combat Dagger specc at the moment. I'll swap to swords around 40ish if I happen to get a good sword.

Combat is really the best way to go, with a few points down the Assassination tree. There's just too many great talents for leveling in the Combat tree for the others to really compare.

I did it as combat swords last time and will do it again.

I remember soloing the Satyr boss in Maraudon so I could respec and play daggers, because it wasn’t good before then. And I had a lot of fun in PvP with that - a lot of fun, because when I hit level 60 I was already rank 7 I think (and then got rank 8 at 60 and rerolled again).

Quote Originally Posted by Meebo View Post
    If you are going horde and can pair up with a shaman, you will level at insane speed. WF combat sword rogue 0_0

Alli unfortunately. Played horde in BC/WoTLK/Cata.. wanted to go back to alli lol
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Combat is really the best way to go, with a few points down the Assassination tree. There's just too many great talents for leveling in the Combat tree for the others to really compare.

Yes, the energy refund on combo ability is the talent you want in assassination tree right? Relentless Strikes or w/e

10+ Year Old Account
    Combat for the extra parry and hit% helps alot.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Critter5592 View Post
    Yes, the energy refund on combo ability is the talent you want in assassination tree right? Relentless Strikes or w/e
    You can build into the Assassination tree to get it, sure. I'm not sure if I'll do that or not just yet (since it'll require 11 points in the Assassination tree and frankly a lot of the early Assassination talents aren't that great, especially for leveling). I would suggest taking Remorseless Attacks for sure, it's a huge return for a 2 skill point investment and will speed up leveling kills by a ton. Malice is also a decent crit stacking talent, though it requires a 5 point investment so I'll save it for later levels.

I'm Combat Dagger specc at the moment. I'll swap to swords around 40ish if I happen to get a good sword.

Nice to see a polite constructive post from you my friend. Being friendly is the way to go. Keep it up!
    Last edited by Kaver; 2019-09-03 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Critter5592 View Post
    I personally don’t feel it’s worth the talents early on. Remorseless, improved SnD and Malice(?) are, however, worth it. Murder is okay. When I was levelling my Rogue, I mostly fired off a slice at the end of a mob’s life, saved energy, went on to the next mob to push SS into. You genuinely could get Remorseless immediately after imp SS, but then I would go deep combat immediately and finish up in assassination after. Relentless Strikes, however, I don’t see as helping me. I liked having an up-to-date weapon when levelling, prioritising that over skills, I bought several green swords on the ah. This meant that I rarely had to use other finishers, whites, SS, poison and snd alone took me at least until mid-40s.

Of course I was lucky enough to get several twink boe whilst levelling and that financed me (albeit on a fresh server so not as much as I would have gotten on an established one), but I would likely take a similar route now

Combat swords. As Alliance you can get Cruel Barb, then pretty much nothing until SM/RFD when you get those 2 sweet swords from the quests, which last you until Mara when you get Thrash Blade. So you can reliably pick up Sword spec too.

The reduced cooldown on sprint and evasion is a nice bonus to the hit rating and extra damage.

Riposte is also excellent against humanoids.

As a frost mage, fuck getting all my attacks dodged, parried or missed

combat has everything you'd want for leveling.

1. less reliance on stealth and enemies backs
    2. a lot of hitrating/expertise
    3. more avoidance to survive (dodge/parry)
    4. ripose
    5. the ability to cleave 2 targets
    6. and generally more sustained dps.

Mostly combat with sword dagger

Combat and pick RIPOSTE as soon as possible for leveling.

Im considering picking the talent to reduce cooldown of sprint and evasion also......very much
    Instead of picking many points in sword spec.

Combat swords. I love rogue, first time playing it in Classic. The playstyle is awesome. I love sneaking in with a distraction and garroting to start the fight. Pickpocket first, of course.

You can have improved backstab, opportunity and improved ambush at level 30.

Is that your spec?

I love playing with talents

5+ Year Old Account
    This is what I'm using for solo leveling. https://www.bobo-talents.com/?c=rogu...uGuHuVuWuyuzuA

stealth > cheap shot > slice n dice (2 combo points from cheap shot) > 3x sinister > evisc and your target should be dead

Always riposte when available.

gouge + bandage is your bread and butter when low hp (keybinds close for both < like R and T for example> cause you want to get as many seconds of that bandage as you can).

Make mouseover gouge / kick macros if you are fighting two targets so you can cc/interrupt the 2nd target so you don't swap targets and lose combo points from your main target.

Also for sinister strike make a macro with start autoattack. When you have two targets and you swap to second one you start auto attacking instantly (regardless if you have energy for sinister or not) (saves you the right click/having autoattack on bind) .
    Last edited by Dudas; 2019-09-03 at 12:31 PM.

Combat Swords, of course. The tree has hit % early on, doesn't rely on stealth, has a hard-hitting (backstab level damage) disarm on a 10s CD procced from Parry. Blade Flurry and Adrenaline Rush later on are great CDs too.

10+ Year Old Account

Duuuuuude!!

Vanquisher's sword + Sword of Omen at 40! Of course you will happen to have good swords!

Combat sword since 10 here as well
    Last edited by Drpizka; 2019-09-03 at 12:45 PM.