Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Legion legendaries had so many problems it was not even funny. The system did work for main characters by 7.2 but it was painful getting there.
    It was just the acquisition really. If they just stopped being pricks playing the "max MAU" game, then they could have easily just let us farm a weekly capped currency and buy the ones we want. That would have solved all issues with the system instantly, besides locking in that item slot.

Yes, a legendary that requires you to do some crappy solo scenario tuned for a ilvl280char. A Legendary that everyone and their grandma is going to have.

Man will it feel geat to get my hands on that... Another itemslot i dont have to care about.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    I don't think legendaries are coming back. For some reason, a lot of people didn't like them. I thought they were awesome because they provided great power that changed the way I played my character. I guess people got upset because they didn't find what was considered the best legendary for their spec.
    The initial status of a legendary should be something you get as a guild and one player wears it and you are proud.

But there are multiple problems like many guilds not raiding as a guild togethe anymore, raid placecs are getting swapped a lot more. So the initial puprose of a legendary doesn't work anymore and otuside of that it had no real purpose.

Maybe we get a legendary, it was only until HFC that we finally got the wod legendary aka the ring, so getting 1 now wouldnt be that surprising, but still if you ask me i would rather have them polish the current systems instead of adding a legendary that will just screw up balance even more (just remembering how unbalanced legion legendaries were gives me headache).

Personally I think they should have gone for something between completely deterministic and complete RNG.
    What I'd have done (this will be long) is that I'd have us collect a soft capped currency (reasonably fast acquisition up to a weekly soft cap, much slowed acquisition past that soft cap) and when you had enough of that currency you could choose one of three random legendaries (use something like the UI we got when we chose which artifact weapon to pursue at the start) which would then give you a short quest or give you something like the Armorcrafter's commendation which you could use to get a crafted legendary; I'd also have had a lot more legendaries be craftable (e.g. Sephuz and Prydaz would have made great sense as Jewelcrafting Legendaries)
    A quest would have been a nice solution, but it seemingly also always involves alot of work for Blizzard (or they are just still bad at it). But I think a general version of class specific items could have been explained as being in possession of the individual order halls (they are class paragon themed anynway) and you may get one of them for returning "important resource" to the order hall. Not sure I like giving more legendaries to crafting jobs, certainly not with the way crafting in WoW works atm. But I can see where you are coming from.

Either way, the solution to the issue was simple, just don't turn it into a slotmachine game in the first place. I'd certainly still prefer to have some of these skills on an equipment piece along with my original talents than having to give up one of them and losing the other as BfA did.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hunter weapon! Last boss being Sylvanas and dropping her Bow.
    Intel® Pentium® Processor 90 MHz | 8MB RAM | 750MB IDE HDD | 800x600 Colour 15" CRT Monitor | Windows 95

i hope legendaries won't be available until the next expansion
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Yes, a legendary that requires you to do some crappy solo scenario tuned for a ilvl280char. A Legendary that everyone and their grandma is going to have.

Man will it feel geat to get my hands on that... Another itemslot i dont have to care about.
    feels good man!

The solution for BfA was very simple. They needed to add an extra talent row.
    While it would have been leaps and bounds better than their atrocious reshuffling*, having all talents, the Artefact Active and +2 in equipment slots would have still been superior. Phoenix Flames, Pyroclasm and Dragons Breath.. that were the times .

*which was still better than their original idea of just removing everything we gained from legion.

I don't think there will be any legendaries, because they can just slap something stupid on your heart of azerite and call it a day.
    Btw i don't really want any surprises, just leave me alone. I hope they wont introduce one more azerite grind in the next patch.

The surprise will be: there is no surprise

same concept with "the Plot is": there is no plot

Quote Originally Posted by Papzer View Post
    I don't think there will be any legendaries, because they can just slap something stupid on your heart of azerite and call it a day.
    Btw i don't really want any surprises, just leave me alone. I hope they wont introduce one more azerite grind in the next patch.
    I just want you to know that there probably will be a grind so if you think you're done once you hit 65 you're incorrect because there's going to be more

I don't think legendaries are coming back. For some reason, a lot of people didn't like them. I thought they were awesome because they provided great power that changed the way I played my character. I guess people got upset because they didn't find what was considered the best legendary for their spec.
    This should be a talent choice not something on a random piece of gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Make it a random drop from the last boss only on HC. Fuck questing, fuck normal difficulty.
    Nah, that is not evil enough. Make it LFR only with a preposterously small drop rate. Like 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%

And make it exclusive to the least popular class.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    This should be a talent choice not something on a random piece of gear.
    If it's a talent choice then your playstyle will remain the same. When it's a random loot drop, it creates an exciting moment for the player. I remember my first legendary dropped from Oakheart in Darkheart Thicket. I equipped it immediately and started thinking about synergies with my new passive. After the dungeon, I changed some talents around to better complement my new bonus. From then on, my character became much more enjoyable to play.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Legion was the legendary burnout. That's why there are no legendaries in BfA. I wouldn't expect any legendaries until next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Well Legiondaries weren't well received
    Nothing in WoW ever was well received.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

If they just balanced them a bit better, I think they would have a been a hit. I'd love them to come back. BFA has no long term reward and no set bonuses, so they didn't give me a reason to log in much. AP is boring, and really didn't provide any concrete reward that I cared about or remembered(mainly because the azerite trait system was so bad and due to catch up mechanisms). I guess flying was the long term reward, but what a terrible one(also in Legion). When the azerite system was so bad, they effectively also devalued AP from Legion. Worse AP, worse rewards, worse gear, no long term reward, no set bonus(so no incentive) to raiding, and also worse mythic+ due to tons of trash, and boring generic gear all led to BFA's legacy.

The reward structure was really, really bad at the beginning of BFA. I remember setting at the turtle quest one day and thinking "is this all there is" and just doing it to complete an emissary to get some rep, and ugh, it made me think there is no reason I was even doing it. I was just logging in to log in at that point. Playing at that time felt hollow and meaningless to keep logging in, so I eventually started playing other games and I've had a great time since. Now Classic is so fun, and I always feel progression and excitement. I've missed that since Legion, and legendaries played a big part of that.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2019-09-03 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Skinner View Post
    Nothing in WoW ever was well received.
    Xmogs were well received.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Doubtful. I don't think Blizzard does surprises anymore
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.