Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Same as always, not much. It is a brilliant game.

The azerite system goes down to tastes, I am not a fan of it.

Otherwise you will find the haters and lovers, just like it happens from day 1 of World of Warcraft.

Nothing explains it better than the devs saying "we are mostly mobile gamers nowadays" because thats basically where all of BfA's user retention systems come from. Its designed like a mobilegame trap.

Quote Originally Posted by swatsonqt View Post
    this is so golden. It's indeed all the things critizised about bfs...but when you look at it:

The Story - absolutely personal. Some ppl like romance some thriller...can't say the story is bad because its absolutely based on you

Class Balance and Design, as in every expansion people are bitching about it. It's never done right and theres always a fraction who thinks that this xpac it'S gone to faar and the balance is absolutely broken (preferably the ppl who play specc that is currently not so strong)

Azerite - other expansions we were bitching that tier sets were too powerful because we couldn't get them without raiding

Islands - back in the day we had to do scenarios or dayli hcs to grind our weekly points, same time investment, kind of same content, same bitching

War campaign, another story thing

Certain Raids - as usual theres always bitching about a raid not beeing good as soon as my class is not performing well that tier

pvp - come on...do i really have to say something about people bitching about pvp?

Warfronts - in fact that's a new one and bitching about it'S implementation seems ok for me.

Other than that bfa is absolutely the same as every other expansion. (Probably) the same people bitch about the same thing they have been bitching about for a decade now. We have the same grinds as always, same raids, same everything.... bitching just got a higher voice this time for the sake of social media
    Story and genre is not the same thing. WoW is a fantasy with (according to some) bad story plot. Has nothing to do with the genre.

You really can't argue about balance in BFA. It's really bad. Like 99% of the MDI teams is 3 rogues, 1 prot warrior and 1 resto druid.

War campaign is not "another story thing". It's something you must do for pathfinder.

PvP - Vendors have been asked for by the community for ages. Why not just add it if the community wants it?

Warfront - I would be suprised if anyone thinks warfronts is fun. Its a "afk for 20 min" game mode. Even heroic is laughable.

You say the same people keep bitching but sub counts show the game is not as good as it used to be.
    Classic hype shows people have been looking forward for something that BFA is lacking.

This is kinda an issue. Feedback is taken for "bitching". But it's not. It's feedback.

I wonder, will you keep saying the same thing when sub counts show 500K total? 200K? 100K?
    "Some love it some don't", "people just like to bitch".
    Last edited by d00mh4cker; 2019-09-06 at 10:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you started playing wow 2 expansions ago like all the Bfa defenders than it will be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    - Warfronts might not be fun for some people but we can't say they are not fun for everyone - SUBJECTIVE
    - Island expeditions are in the same boat as warfronts - SUBJECTIVE
    - Raids are as good as ever. - SUBJECTIVE
    - Classes overall (judging by all 36 specs, not just a couple of classes/specs) didn't change much since WoD. (however i found demo lock to be the best spec that was ever
    created) - SUBJECTIVE
    - Mythic + is harder than legion and require more cooperation, some like it, some don't - SUBJECTIVE

The other things you mentioned are just statements about features - "yeah so there is a vendor......um......yeah"

These are all absolutely entirely subjective, and there is nothing objective about it at all.
    Read it again, you clearly don't understand what word objective means. I never stated my opinions for these points except for "raids are as good as ever", and the small point about demo lock which was just my personal opinion - hence small font.
    Everything else is just facts including classes, the only specs that got reworked are combat -> outlaw, demo lock and hunter survi.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Class design kinda sucks.

Aside from that, it's fine now that it's had a years worth of content and system refinement added to it. it's just a shame that wow expansions need about a year to be playable

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    These are not mutually exclusive concepts. The intent of how the game is meant to be played can still be greatly mistaken.
    If its not mutually exclusive then he is wrong and new content patches are additions to game because everything that was in 8.0, 8.1 is still in game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post
    Class design kinda sucks.

Aside from that, it's fine now that it's had a years worth of content and system refinement added to it. it's just a shame that wow expansions need about a year to be playable
    You have two options here, either release beta half a year from end of expansion, or polished after over a year. Well, I choose first option.

People are upset because they are burnt out on WoW/MMO's but are too addicted (or too dependant on online games for socializing) to quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    People are upset because they are burnt out on WoW/MMO's but are too addicted (or too dependant on online games for socializing) to quit.
    Not really. I haven't played WoW as my main game since Cataclysm. I have played parts of every single expansion and have played since classic. Out of them, Legion was the only one I played the entire expac. Mists was the one expansion I probably didn't play due to burn out, but WoD and BFA are so pruned of abilities. Legion was great cause of system design from legendaries and the artifact weapon. BFA doesn't hold up to that standard.

Instead, I am now playing classic. It is more fun to me than BFA.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by swatsonqt View Post
    The Story - absolutely personal. Some ppl like romance some thriller...can't say the story is bad because its absolutely based on you
    there is nothing subjective about this, is bad, there is no sense in the story if followed their own lore, there is tons of characters doing things they would never do, lobotomized to fit the plot, resources forgotten cause they didn't fit te plot, the story is bad because it is done bad, not the theme or genre, there is shit romances and good romances.

Class Balance and Design, as in every expansion people are bitching about it. It's never done right and theres always a fraction who thinks that this xpac it'S gone to faar and the balance is absolutely broken (preferably the ppl who play specc that is currently not so strong)
    it was never shit like this, classes are gutted down, they lost tons of skills and they even realized they did a mistake after the community call then out since alpha,a gain, not subjective.

Islands - back in the day we had to do scenarios or dayli hcs to grind our weekly points, same time investment, kind of same content, same bitching
    back in the day scenarios where not rly the core feature of the expansion, isalnds are way to boring.

War campaign, another story thing
    who is shit and bad written.

pvp - come on...do i really have to say something about people bitching about pvp?
    yes, because now is objectively worse than before
    Other than that bfa is absolutely the same as every other expansion. (Probably) the same people bitch about the same thing they have been bitching about for a decade now. We have the same grinds as always, same raids, same everything.... bitching just got a higher voice this time for the sake of social media
    or because is objectively worse, so more people are "bitching"

I probably said this before: but the biggest things are how the systems and professions are awful in current expansion, same with Classes and systems (Azerite armor isnt super exciting the bonuses are nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by Alopex Major View Post
    Having the "privilege" of grinding for weeks to unlock a lazy reskin of a current race may be rewarding for you, but please don't assume it is for everyone.
    I don't like grinding anymore than you do, in fact, I hate it more than most. I was one of the advocates for lifting the rep requirement to have allied races even before I had gotten them all. Once I saw that wasn't happening, I went ahead and unlocked them all. It's still a pretty sweet reward. Not everyone will think so but obviously a good number does as they worked hard for it. Some are lazy re-skins, yeah, but Dark Irons, Void Elves, Kul'tirans, Zandalari and even Mag'har were worth it.

The point is not everyone will always find particular rewards in an expansion worth doing, but that's a subjective matter based on opinion. Azerite system sucks, even more than Artifact, true, but it's something I can ignore. I already cleared Azshara's Eternal Palace on my "main", so I'm not even worried about grinding more Azerite, it's a non-issue. I'm enjoying the aspects of the game they haven't been able to ruin, and ignoring the shit stuff (lore, Azerite.) I've always been an alt-holic anyway, so things that don't hold most people's interest appeal to me, like allied races.

The world quests are really bad gameplay.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

Quote Originally Posted by xzanle View Post
    How solo friendly is wow now days. I like too level my toons, pvp and gold making on all my alts.
    Then you're good to go. Well, gold making took a hit as you can see in the values of token (it's worth less gold than in legion because it's harder to make gold).

The game is extremely casual friendly.

What's wrong with it?

Extremely casual friendly means you can easily complete your casual goals and then left with nothing to do unless you go more hardcore. So people unsub faster. It also means going hardcore feels extremely unrewarding in comparison, and nobody likes to feel their effort isn't rewarded. It requires a lot more work to be hardcore than to be casual, but the prizes are lackluster. Which fuels the cycle of people losing interest fast.

One reason why people flock to classic is that it isn't easy and quick to get rewards there so it feels like the rewards matter. Every level, every piece of gold, every gear upgrade is meaningful. Obviously there's a price to it. That price is tedium and slow pace. So it's up to you which one you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    BFA is not rewarding, It lacks the base component of making the players feel rewarded for their time playing

Warfronts dont give shit
    Island Expeditions dont give shit
    World Quests dont give shit
    World Bosses dont give shit.
    Battlegrounds dont give shit.
    Brawls dont give shit.
    Timewalking Raids and Dungeons dont give shit
    M+ is capped at 10 and after that it doesnt give shit.
    Rated PvP is completely RNG Based for gear and the PvP Templates completely kills some specs in PvP
    Mythic Raiding requires u to sit watch 19 others fail over and over again to eventually succeed which itself doesnt make it rewarding
    I find this comment very amusing because one of the other "What is wrong with BFA" threads I was in recently the prevailing belief was that the game rewards you too well for doing even simply things like WQs and therefore you don't appreciate what you get.

What's wrong with BFA? Simple : play it for 1 or 2 week and you run out of content to do since they give you everything on a gold plater. All that is left is to grind transmog items/pets/mounts. Does it feel like it's worth the price of the game + the sub price? Not at all.
    Just make sure you wear your steel toed boots, you'll be kicking so much loots as you walk around, you dont want to hurt yourself!
    Last edited by Knaar; 2019-09-06 at 03:30 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    This is going to be a shocker for you but -- nothing. It's just the current hate bandwagon to be on.
    Lol nothing is wrong with BfA?

You sir, have bad taste.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I find this comment very amusing because one of the other "What is wrong with BFA" threads I was in recently the prevailing belief was that the game rewards you too well for doing even simply things like WQs and therefore you don't appreciate what you get.
    Feeling rewarded and getting rewards are linked but at the same time very different. In this case, it's how you are getting so much loot left and right that it no longer feel rewarding. Just look at people on classic going nuts when they get a blue random drop while questing. On BFA you finish a run with a ton of epics that you have seen a thousand time already just in the past week.

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    Feeling rewarded and getting rewards are linked but at the same time very different. In this case, it's how you are getting so much loot left and right that it no longer feel rewarding. Just look at people on classic going nuts when they get a blue random drop while questing. On BFA you finish a run with a ton of epics that you have seen a thousand time already just in the past week.
    Yeah, that was the exact argument some of them used. I can understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    What's wrong with BFA? Simple : play it for 1 or 2 week and you run out of content to do since they give you everything on a gold plater. All that is left is to grind transmog items/pets/mounts. Does it feel like it's worth the price of the game + the sub price? Not at all.
    Just make sure you wear your steel toed boots, you'll be kicking so much loots as you walk around, you dont want to hurt yourself!
    Think about it reallly hard. What was to do in previous expansion if you did not aim for high pvp or pve?
    The story? Well, previous campaigns weren't really longer.
    Gear acquisition? How is that considered a "content" ? It's just a grind.

Most loot you get is garbage, has use in regulating price of enchanting materials.

I don't remember any worthwhile content since MoP that lasted for months and:
    1. Wasn't timegated
    2. Wasn't grind.