Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    "I want Vanilla, see the world and all aspects"
    *sits in Dungeons 24/7*
    Haha so much this. Luckily there is still som that actually love the old WORLD of Warcraft and actual nice real vanilla vets players to have nostalgics chat while questing etc. It's not all that bad.
    We are all slacking at 30s and 40s while those guys are all 50s and 60 and already dominating the economy but that's fine. Clever use of game mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    yea but you guys never played p servers. You don't get to decide waht we wanted.

You're just retail plebs who fetishize terrible leving. What are you smoking? lol
    Your sense of entitlement is astonishing.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you want to quest instead, you will run out of quests and have extra hard quests only. So grinding is involved a lot, so why not spam dungeons instead? You also get better rewards usually.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Fully aware of what the thread is about, thanks. My first reply here was a direct reply to the OP's first post, which basically said 'other people aren't playing Classic the way I think they should be and its ruining my enjoyment q_q'.

And I'll tell you what I told him: how other people play classic isn't his concern, nor is it yours. There's no hidden 'YOU MUS PLAI EZACTLEE LYK WE DID BAK THEN' rule on those servers. If people want to run Deadmines 600 times until they throw up, and can find groups willing to do it, that's their problem. If a group wants to farm trash and reset (FYI - people did that sort of thing in vanilla too) over and over, again... that's their problem.
    It's not their problem nor mine, it's the problem with game design that promotes degenerate and unintended gameplay. If it was a live game or an issue in vanilla, devs would have changed it. They wouldn't need me nor anyone else to tell them - the issues are obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    It's not their problem nor mine, it's the problem with game design that promotes degenerate and unintended gameplay. If it was a live game or an issue in vanilla, devs would have changed it. They wouldn't need me nor anyone else to tell them - the issues are obvious.
    Yeah except people chain-ran dungeons to level in vanilla as well. I personally leveled several of my alts mostly in dungeons back then. Why some of you insist that this is new (or even problematic) behavior is beyond me.

You do not get to decide what the 'right' way for someone else to level their character is. You worry about yourself and your account, and if people like me want to run Scarlet Monastery until our fingernails fall off, that's our problem. If you can't handle other people playing the game in a manner which differentiates from yourself, I recommend you go play Skyrim instead.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Stood in the Fire buddhapunch09's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    BfA leveling for me was mostly following the storylines, sidequests and dungeons only when the plot leads up to them. More structured and linear than Vanilla was but essentially similar.
    Oh sorry I meant kalimdor/eastern kingdoms quests pre 60. Idk they posed no real threat and dungeon smashing was the only real way to go. I'm not a real big fan of that.
    I did make a lvl 60 twink just to do old loremaster achievements before classic hit. I liked the story you could say but it was so easy and I never felt danger. Simply queuing for Dungeons made the world incredible small for me.
    TBF I sortof liked BfA questing zones although ive only did them all once.
    "You can't make the judgement of prostitution simply by observing an exchange of goods." - Quetzl

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Leveling is pretty boring for a lot of people. Gotta get through it fast.
    I can see where you are coming from @Aiko, but tbh, if leveling is not your thing, my guess is Classic is going to be pretty disappointing as 'end game' Classic unlike retail is not sophisticated at all.

Yup. speed clearing dungeon is the new meta of leveling. You can avoid the hassle of bugged quests, waiting around needlessly for things to respawn, etc... It's also a way for streamers to reliably level without getting ganked.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    You do not get to decide what the 'right' way for someone else to level their character is. You worry about yourself and your account, and if people like me want to run Scarlet Monastery until our fingernails fall off, that's our problem. If you can't handle other people playing the game in a manner which differentiates from yourself, I recommend you go play Skyrim instead.
    As I said, it is not my problem. I'm sorry that you are unable to think outside of your pathetic player-only point of view and not capable of understanding if something is an exploit, unintended or bad for the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    This trend should die down fairly soon. Remember we're only about 10 or so days from launch. The level for SM farm clears is around 30-40, which is 2-3 days played using guides or having solid knowledge beforehand.
    After SM comes ZF and BRD, so I don't see the trend stopping anytime soon.

No. It was like this at the end of classic too, but usually it involved higher levels helping out. For some classes, like paladins and mages, its really the only way to level.

Considering all I see in LFG are

"LF1M Mage for AoE Cath farm quick runs PST"
    "Need 1 more - Pally tank or Bear for ZF GY Farm GOOD GROUP!"

People don't want to play they game, they just want to powerlevel as fast as they can, while completely skipping what vanilla wow was about.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have honestly been avoiding dungeons for the most part. I'll run one here and there for quest, but I'm really enjoying being out in the world and questing more.
    Selling myself out below

The community in classic. Right? And the world was all fun. And noone ever min maxed.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I don’t know about that; if it’s good groups and efficient runs your bags can fill up quickly and I’ve made over 100g just tanking SM runs this week
    3 mage groups, sure. Maybe even stacking arms wars and constantly doing smaller pulls with no downtime that the mages can't do. But I don't see money flowing quite that good from your average comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    people who brought u classic do things.
    My money brought classic to live.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I don’t know about that; if it’s good groups and efficient runs your bags can fill up quickly and I’ve made over 100g just tanking SM runs this week
    Really? You take .. gold.. from people to play tank?

Oh well.. with players like you i am sure the classic community will not be all about gold and min maxing.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    private server people shouldnt have ever gotten classic. i will always be upset that blizz caved to you crybabies
    Imagine having so small a life that this is an outlook you have. I pity you and others like you.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    I don't know if it's just my server but it feels like nobody is playing the game normally anymore. I actually don't see that many people questing, but I see everyone constantly spamming LFG looking for warriors, mages and healers for cleave runs.

I know I don't need to participate, but it's honestly ruining my experience that people just don't seem to be able to stop this try-hard bullcrap and just enjoy the game. It's the exact same crap the ruined the community on retail.
    More of this toxic bullshit where if you don't play the game how you are told then there has to be another thread made. We have waited 12 to 13 years for the toxic community to come back to wow and now I understand why people didn't want classic
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Phabulous View Post
    As far as I understand it, a big part of Classic's appeal is to enjoy getting to 60 in your own way.

If your way happens to be spamming dungeons like crazy, nothing wrong with that.
    If your way happens to be questing and exploring the world, nothing wrong with that.

Yucking someone else's yum because you don't like it seems problematic here.
    Agree 100%.

I’m level 42 right now, could be higher, could be lower. I have tailoring at 255, enchanting at 220, secondary professions above 200, except fishing which needs some quality time

Hugely enjoying the game and I couldn’t care less that people are dungeon cleaving. Some people prefer to level efficiently, some people prefer to explore/rediscover more content. Either way is fine and the best thing is that Classic has been hugely successful which more or less guarantees healthy servers for a long time.

5+ Year Old Account
    I wanted to finish my gnomeregan quest as a 38 rogue (yeah i did a lot of quests) and suddenly people started to "hey you should go to other dungeons, why do you want to go, enemies are grey for you, go spam duns" its lie... DUDE LET ME ENJOY MY DUNGEONERING PLS, i want to experience doing some quests, seeing the dungeons how they are. Because i dont want to grind like you, doesnt mean i dont have fun. Sheez.

But then when i decided to do my SM quests, the last part.... yeah we are just doing cleave mage/priest sorry.

w t f
    Last edited by Kemsa; 2019-09-07 at 10:13 PM.