Page 1 of 34
... LastLast

MC is a push over. Are we just more experienced or is something wrong?

So with MC being 1 shotted so early on it has me wondering.

Are the numbers in this game off for how it was in Vanilla, or are we just so experienced with MC now that we can 1 shot all the bosses with crap gear?

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post

Are the numbers in this game off for how it was in Vanilla, or are we just so experienced with MC now that we can 1 shot all the bosses with crap gear?
    Talent 1.12, more experienced, and well prepared (even if you do not need a lot pf preparation for MC and Bwl).

The raids in vanilla were never difficult. People just had no idea what the hell they were doing because it was new. Now there's guides and people have plenty of experience so raids in Classic will be absolute pushovers.

Did you and your guild 1 shot MC?

every single raid in vanilla will die the day it releases from here out. the raids just require warm bodies and not much more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere in the world groups of players complete some version of MC probably at least two dozen times a day. It's been that way for 14 years now.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Molten Core was a release raid. Classic is tuned to 1.12. How many class changes and buffs do you think there were in 12 patches? Add to it like has been said players went in knowing everything about the raid, where to get all the gear, buffs, consumables, etc they would need, and also various bug fixes that plagued earlier MC runs that were repaired in the interim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Years of private server training.

10+ Year Old Account
    We are more experienced, the entire tactics step by exact step are online and not just theorised by a bunch of people guesstimating. Anyone who expected differently is a bit of a fool.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Not a push over and there is nothing wrong. Reasons are simple imo:
    - Patch 1.12 (not in vanilla when MC opened, talents / numbers were already tuned)
    - Private server have been playing 1.12 for years and min/max out the crap out of it (not in vanilla)
    - No discovery of the game, everyone copy/paste guides to min/max nowadays. Back then, guides had to be written and everything had to be yet discovered.
    - Layer abuse (not in vanilla)
    - Raid group xp abuse to get faster to 60 (not in vanilla)
    - Mage aoe abuse and bandwagon to get faster to 60 (not a thing back then)

Basicaly it was just much harder back then because it was a different game all together w/o cheat mechanics but a lot of bugs.

More experience in general with the game, MC was never hard to begin with, better gear due to later patch, other talents than in vanilla due to later patch, spell/ability changes due to later patch, changes to bosses (debuff limit) etc. A lot is different this time around.

Just figure it out by yourself. Jump in MC with a group of fresh 55-60s and see how easy it is.

Most people complaining about how easy mc is and these players wiping actually at lucifron.
    Last edited by Millyraynge; 2019-09-08 at 08:26 AM.

The great thing about classic is if you are in a guild that raids anything, you will clear all the content, which was only accessible for few players originally.

they need to custom buff raids and dungeons if they dont wnt to lose 90% playerbase within next two months.
    once the tryhard fans discover that everyone will 1shot MC and rush through dungeons like bfa heroics a lot of people will lose interest because its not these epic 7h brd runs.

this has nothing to do with skill but alon that mobs do 0 dmg and get 2shoted on top with the retarded 1.12 itemization and so on,

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Not a push over and there is nothing wrong. Reasons are simple imo:
    - Patch 1.12 (not in vanilla when MC opened, talents / numbers were already tuned)
    - Private server have been playing 1.12 for years and min/max out the crap out of it (not in vanilla)
    - No discovery of the game, everyone copy/paste guides to min/max nowadays. Back then, guides had to be written and everything had to be yet discovered.
    - Layer abuse (not in vanilla)
    - Raid group xp abuse to get faster to 60 (not in vanilla)
    - Mage aoe abuse and bandwagon to get faster to 60 (not a thing back then)

Basicaly it was just much harder back then because it was a different game all together w/o cheat mechanics but a lot of bugs.
    Not harder. Repeat after me: Tedious.

Of course it is. MC is intended as people's first experience in raiding. It's literally leveled around people who have never played an MMO before. And in addition to that your character is completely overbuffed for the content (which is one of the reasons I would have wanted to see different old balance patches with different phases, but Blizzard had to appeal to the private server community who only know 1.12 so they didn't).

I'm not gonna say the later raids are going to halt progression guilds but for the average raider they'll provide a fine challenge.

Nothing's wrong. People just lied to themselves and others about how hard vanilla was.

1.12 talents, and Dungeon gear that rivals loot up till AQ40. ppls gear is actually insane, not crap. ontop of that both MC/Onyx are undertuned raids, that werent developed around having 40 ppl actually playing the game.

It's a 15-year-old raid. It has been cleared before. Why is anyone surprised? It was the entry-raid of Vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Nothing's wrong. People just lied to themselves and others about how hard vanilla was.
    MC is not the only raid in Vanilla. Much of the difficulty came from having to equip yourself before you were able to take on the next raid tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Heartbreaker View Post
    MC is not the only raid in Vanilla. Much of the difficulty came from having to equip yourself before you were able to take on the next raid tier.
    I think you're mistaking tediousness for difficulty. Having to run MC a bunch of times for gear is tedious, not difficult.