View Poll Results: Lockboxes - should rogues be allowed to roll "need" in a PUG dungeon group?

Voters
585. This poll is closed
  • Yes

132 22.56%
  • No

453 77.44%
Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    both node and chest are in the same place, inside a dungeon with mobs around it
    I rarely EVER see nodes in dungeons. A node also has....what? a couple of pieces of ore? whereas a chest has coin, crafting mats, white gear and green+ gear. It's not comparable at all and you're grasping at straws.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    whereas a chest has coin, crafting mats, white gear and green+ gear.
    or nothing of value, so we roll only if it has green/blue?

It's not comparable at all and you're grasping at straws.
    no im just showing how ridiculous and arbitrary your arguments are

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    or nothing of value, so we roll only if it has green/blue?

no im just showing how ridiculous and arbitrary your arguments are
    whatever dude. There is obviously no debating this with you because you're either an elaborate troll or just that stubborn in your beliefs. So do whatever you want in game. Just don't bitch on the forum when nobody wants to group with you anymore.

As a rogue I don't really care. I always roll greed on Lockbox. Most of the time I even pass on chests. If they are locked I will open it and then if someone is interested in loot I will gladly trade it.

I rarely EVER see nodes in dungeons. A node also has....what? a couple of pieces of ore? whereas a chest has coin, crafting mats, white gear and green+ gear. It's not comparable at all and you're grasping at straws.
    I said the same thing on another forum. Comparing a chest that can have blue or purple items in it to a node of thorium which we know right off the bat contains... thorium.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    False equivalency. You don't need to clear a portion of a dungeon to get to an herb or a node. Chests in dungeons require a party to get to them since there is always enemies around the chest that will aggro and prevent the chest from opening.
    Have you ever actually done a dungeon? There are locked chest that spawn on the main paths you have to clear and herbs/ore that don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Have you ever actually done a dungeon? There are locked chest that spawn on the main paths you have to clear and herbs/ore that don’t.
    Every locked chest I've seen in dungeons has at least 2 elite mobs near it that will immediately aggro as soon as someone starts opening it. That's why I said you need a group to get to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    By your logic a mage should never share mage food. A healer should never heal anyone other than themselves. A warlock should never give out healthstones. Because people aren't entitled to those classes abilities right? That's literally the logic you're using and it's incredibly flawed. But as it's been said, people can do whatever they want but they better not bitch when there's consequences.
    I never said never, I said it was up to the player to use their abilities for others if they wanted to. Also a healer isn't even the same, they have an actual role of healing they have to fulfill which is why they are invited to the party same as the Rogue has the role of DPS, Warrior has to Tank or DPS, etc. It's not flawed at all if it worked fine in the past. Sure but enjoy the rep as the Party Leader who kicks people over trivial stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahaga View Post
    It's as dumb as the entitlement!
    Okay that made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    Yes they were.

I'm sorry, but how can you say things like this and "ninja looting was just needing" yet tell people you played vanilla?
    Because Ninja Looting was Needing on/taking stuff that you couldn't use/didn't need or had control over that others contributed to getting, as I mentioned before who in the Party helped the Rogue level their lockpicking? Who assisted them in taking down the chest boss' health as it were?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

whatever dude. There is obviously no debating this with you because you're either an elaborate troll or just that stubborn in your beliefs. So do whatever you want in game. Just don't bitch on the forum when nobody wants to group with you anymore.
    i won't have anything to bitch about tho

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what the perk of a rogue is? They get to go back in at level 60 and pick any boxes on their own because they have the skill.

If you're in a group because you're same level and can't do it by yourself? Guess what, everything in there is group loot. You needed the tank to help keep shit off of you, the healer to keep your ass from dying, and the dps to help kill the elites for you. If you go up to a locked chest in a dungeon group, then it's fair to roll for it for the group. Anything less and you don't deserve to be in the group.

If I'm able to open with skeleton keys, then same practice applies. If the person wants to tip you some money because you're using an item that expends itself, then that's props too. Then you're "buying" the unlock from the person that can do so.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Classic is about community and communication, so whatever group defines is the rule.

Lockbox should be greed always, because you can purchase keys and explosives, not only rogues can open.

As for locked chests, if someone can open they have the right to get, if two or more can they roll, just like node veins and herbs.

Some rogues may opt in for allow the party to roll for the chest because without them, it would go to waste anyway. People need to be less greed about loot.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    I never said never, I said it was up to the player to use their abilities for others if they wanted to. Also a healer isn't even the same, they have an actual role of healing they have to fulfill which is why they are invited to the party same as the Rogue has the role of DPS, Warrior has to Tank or DPS, etc. It's not flawed at all if it worked fine in the past. Sure but enjoy the rep as the Party Leader who kicks people over trivial stuff.

Okay that made me laugh.

Because Ninja Looting was Needing on/taking stuff that you couldn't use/didn't need or had control over that others contributed to getting, as I mentioned before who in the Party helped the Rogue level their lockpicking? Who assisted them in taking down the chest boss' health as it were?
    The only reason someone would take a rogue over another dps is BECAUSE they can unlock chests. If they aren't going to share what's in that chest, then they can find another rogue who will and the greedy rogue gets to sit in town longer. You're literally saying the only utility of a rogue in a party doesn't have to be shared with the group. How do you not see how asinine that is?

The only reason someone would take a rogue over another dps is BECAUSE they can unlock chests. If they aren't going to share what's in that chest, then they can find another rogue who will and the greedy rogue gets to sit in town longer. You're literally saying the only utility of a rogue in a party doesn't have to be shared with the group. How do you not see how asinine that is?
    yes because people are min-maxing in leveling pugs

they are taking the rogue because he was the fastest person to /w party leader (and met the level requirements)

This attitude rogues had about locked chests belonging to them is why I never bothered inviting rogues into my parties back in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post
    As for locked chests, if someone can open they have the right to get, if two or more can they roll, just like node veins and herbs.

Some rogues may opt in for allow the party to roll for the chest because without them, it would go to waste anyway. People need to be less greed about loot.
    Hold on... It's greedy for players to want to share the loot amongst them? The loot that they worked together to get? The loot that they were better positioned to get because the various class perks (like water, buffs, health stones, etc...) were provided?

But the Rogue who just keeps everything, who couldn't have gotten the loot without the party, who provides no other class perk to the group and refuses to share the one he actually has, isn't being greedy just assuming everything is his?

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Hold on... It's greedy for players to want to share the loot amongst them? The loot that they worked together to get? The loot that they were better positioned to get because the various class perks (like water, buffs, health stones, etc...) were provided?

But the Rogue who just keeps everything, who couldn't have gotten the loot without the party, who provides no other class perk to the group and refuses to share the one he actually has, isn't being greedy just assuming everything is his?

Really?
    I've been trying to make this point all morning. The toxic people don't want to hear it.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Every locked chest I've seen in dungeons has at least 2 elite mobs near it that will immediately aggro as soon as someone starts opening it. That's why I said you need a group to get to it.
    So you have never done shadofang keep it dead mines where there are chest along the main paths?

this thread means nothing because people will do what they want.

why bother having a poll? so you can tell people in your group what mmo-champ forum people think about this issue?

who cares, get on with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    So you have never done shadofang keep it dead mines where there are chest along the main paths?
    ....With adds near them that will aggro when you start unlocking the chest. SFK has an entire room of adds and Deadmines has at least 2 elites guarding a chest. What point are you even trying to make?

Teamwork is a thing. Unless you can solo dungeon and farm the locked chest, we're rolling.

Lockbox is different case and can be discussed per group, majority of the time whoever looted the lockbox, belong to them and they can unlock it now or later.