Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    wait so paying real life money for ingame items is not a cahs shop?
    so i guess these things arnt cash shop items then, alrighty i guess you were the one to change your mind.
    What in the actual fuck is wrong with you? o_o... lmfao

Going to a website that has absolutely NO AFFILIATION with Activision/Blizzard and BUYING a "code" from someone to claim a pet is not a fucking cash shop. How can you not see this?

Being in game, connected to Activision/Blizzard servers, opening up the thing named "SHOP" and purchasing a $10 pet IS A CASH SHOP.

Another thing to consider is that to be eligible for the rewards both you and your recruit need to have active subscriptions through a whole year, a year that from this point will include the end of expansion lull. A time when scores of players take a few months away from the game and their subscriptions as they wait for the next expansion, but you and your recruit may end up paying through this period even if you're not playing, just to ensure you get your rewards. This feels above all else like another cheap tactic to keep people subscribed through the lull.

For many new players this lull often leads to them loosing interest and not returning at all.

This is just reiterating the fact that the chances of you successfuly recruiting someone who actually plays for the full 12 months is honestly very low. It would not surprise me if half of the recruiters never even reach their full rewards.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2019-09-10 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    In this thread, a bunch of people who are upset a business is making business related decisions. They act like Blizzard should be a Non-Profit and just give everything away, and as soon as Blizzard adds a new revenue stream they foam at the mouth and scream "REEEEE ACTIVISION NOOO REEE".

Also in this thread, a bunch of idi...err...people who think Blizzard is unique in tying vanity items to a recruitment system. Even though basically every MMO out there has a recruitment system and some have way more blatant cash abuse.

Personally i think this is a cool idea, the only i miss is the 300% xp, but leveling takes next to no time now anyways so not a big loss. The continued rewards are pretty neat as i think people that are actively encouraging others to play are only good for the game.
    This kind of attitude/response is the exact reason the video game industry is heading for the shitter.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    the title, tabard, weapon enchant, and backpack transmog are garbage and the in game experience reward is also absolute garbage. But...whatever dude. There really is no arguing with Blizzard diehards....
    The dude thinks buying a $1k collector edition version of the Vanilla game off of Ebay and claiming the pet in game makes Vanilla have a cash shop.... lmfao.

Well off I go then, recruiting new people! I'm sure there are plenty to be found! ... Hmm... Maybe I need to sub 2 accounts for a year myself...

I'll wait to see what 9.0 brings, because I bet it will bring backpacks, totems, quivers and other pretty stuff for your back slot. Or maybe in 8.3 or 8.4, whatever comes along 11 months after this RAF deal starts. They'll make sure to release that right after everyone that really wanted it, paid 10+ months on one or more accounts.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Anything and everything that's been tied to an additional cost has usually been 10x more better looking/taken a LOT more time to finesse. This RaF system shows exactly that.
    So you think the set and mounts are the best looking in the whole game? The three shop helms are also the best helms in the game?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    In the past, you could only get the reward once, and only after your friend paid for a month of game time. Now you can get up to eight unique rewards plus game time every 3 months... and you're complaining that you can get more rewards if your friends remain subscribed for longer?

This is almost a "first world problem", here...
    so you have a group of friends, they only have enough money for 12 months. you can get

old system: 4 mounts/pets your choice +4 months of game time
    New system: 2 mounts +4 months of game time +1 pet +1 title +1 wep enchant +1 tabard +1 armor set +1 backpack + you dont need to find 4 friends, you only need to find 1.

yeah the new system is much more open and far less wasteful, in my years playing i had many friends who i recruited that played for 1 or 2 months, not 3. or frtiends that still play today, yes i only got 1 reward...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

meh. I'm really not impressed. Not sure if my cynicism comes from the system itself or the fact that it reveals current-WoW to be continually emptying itself of true RPG elements.

Whatever.

I'll keep playing Classic very happily.

7+ Year Old Account
    In the old system, no. The second month, yoiu got a month game time. The third month, you got a free mount or pet. the rest of the rewards was in game experience and shit.
    If you wanted all of the mounts and/or pets you’d have to keep paying 3 months on new accounts. What are you not getting?

7+ Year Old Account
    The dude thinks buying a $1k collector edition version of the Vanilla game off of Ebay and claiming the pet in game makes Vanilla have a cash shop.... lmfao.
    "Paying real life money to get items you cannot get ingame through play is fine. but paying real life money to get items you cannot get ingame through play is bad."

- - - Updated - - -

the title, tabard, weapon enchant, and backpack transmog are garbage and the in game experience reward is also absolute garbage. But...whatever dude. There really is no arguing with Blizzard diehards....
    sooo the mounts from RAF 1.0 were trash too, one of them was literally just a fucking horse with a horn.

also you havnt even fuckign seen the weapon enchant, we cant even see it yet, i love how you have proven your bias by saying

"X is shit!"
    "We haven't even seen X"
    "I know it will be shit!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Another thing to consider is that to be eligible for the rewards both you and your recruit need to have active subscriptions through a whole year, a year that from this point will include the end of expansion lull. A time when scores of players take a few months away from the game and their subscriptions as they wait for the next expansion, but you and your recruit may end up paying through this period even if you're not playing, just to ensure you get your rewards. This feels above all else like another cheap tactic to keep people subscribed through the lull.

For many new players this lull often leads to them loosing interest and not returning at all.

This is just reiterating the fact that the chances of you successfuly recruiting someone who actually plays for the full 12 months is honestly very low. It would not surprise me if half of the recruiters never even reach their full rewards.
    Or you know you could recruit more then one person or get old friends back into the game.

7+ Year Old Account

no only your friend needs to have a year.
    or you can have 12 friends who are subbed for 1 month each

and again this is not all at once, you could have 3 people come try classic for one month each.
    then next year when 9.0 comes out those people return for another 3 months each. then boom you have your 12 months.

Each time one of your recruits adds game time to their account, you’ll earn progress toward a new reward.
    No one has to be subbed for 12 consecutive months. It adds up every time one of your recruits adds game time. I do expect the recruiter has to have an active account at the time the recruit pays for his or it won't add up, but that's it. You can all take a break for 6 months and return later to work to the 12 month reward. You can also have 2 recruits each pay for 6 months, or 3 that pay for 4 months and as much breaks as they want.

Disgusting. There is no other word for this.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "Paying real life money to get items you cannot get ingame through play is fine. but paying real life money to get items you cannot get ingame through play is bad."

- - - Updated - - -

sooo the mounts from RAF 1.0 were trash too, one of them was literally just a fucking horse with a horn.

also you havnt even fuckign seen the weapon enchant, we cant even see it yet, i love how you have proven your bias by saying

"X is shit!"
    "We haven't even seen X"
    "I know it will be shit!"
    The first RAF mount, the Zhevra, was absolute trash. I'll agree there. Every other mount is fucking amazing, though. Hell, two of the mounts are actually two person mounts. And I don't need to see the weapon enchantment. There hasn't been a single weapon enchant appearance in game that impressed me at all so I don't see how the new RAF one will be any better.

what about old RAF?
    i still have friends i recruited way back then that still play the game, i guess blizzard just fucked me over and invalidated these.

7+ Year Old Account
    What in the actual fuck is wrong with you? o_o... lmfao

Going to a website that has absolutely NO AFFILIATION with Activision/Blizzard and BUYING a "code" from someone to claim a pet is not a fucking cash shop. How can you not see this?

Being in game, connected to Activision/Blizzard servers, opening up the thing named "SHOP" and purchasing a $10 pet IS A CASH SHOP.
    except the vanilla colectors edition was made by blizzard... and was bought... paying blizzard.

so are you saying its fine if its years later?
    idk if you know, but blizz made those collectors editions, it was not just made by players.

you are paying someone real life money, who paid blizzard real life money, for something ingame.

again, you lil laqweeta are sitting at your computer in 2004 you buy this game called wow, and log in, you see a person with zerglin pet, you ask "hey how do i get that" you are then told "pay blizzartd 120$ for their collectors edition, then you can have it"

but nah thats fine to you, because fuck logic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
    meh. I'm really not impressed. Not sure if my cynicism comes from the system itself or the fact that it reveals current-WoW to be continually emptying itself of true RPG elements.

Whatever.

I'll keep playing Classic very happily.
    How does this revel any emptying of rpg elements?

You can also get theses bonuses by getting people to play classic as you sub for both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    This kind of attitude/response is the exact reason the video game industry is heading for the shitter.
    What being an adult and understanding Game Developers don't develop as a hobby anymore? Realizing they work for companies that HAVE to make a profit or die? Honestly i dont see the game industry as in being in the shitter either. I literally have games i can go home to every night and play for hours and enjoy, and not feel nickled and dimed. WOW is just one of many games that i still play regularly.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Disgusting. There is no other word for this.

I’d personally go with “a step up” but hey I guess improving old systems disgust some people.