Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Nope, started back from when I left the thread last.

- - - Updated - - -

Then you clearly aren't part of all the game's aspects. Problem is, rewards before felt more disconnected and was limited. Now they dump rewards that has been requested, and the rewards has more effort put into it.

- - - Updated - - -

Just need 1.980.000 million cold.. (the first month has to be paid outside the game).

- - - Updated - - -

Eh, can't stand Asmon. He's done his shit, disappeared, returned to do it again, and he'll disappear again.
    yet here you are

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I personally think its abusive in this scenario:

Because, imagine, you persuade a "friend" to play WoW. Right of the bat, you are doing something you WOULDNT do if it wasnt for the rewards.
    Step 2
    Enter the code of your friend and enter the RAF system. By the second time, you are commited to this rewards...your mind is already set for them.
    You're describing coercion, not really abuse

Possible step 3
    8 Months after your friend tries WoW he starts reconsidering quitting. What now? You volunteer to pay his sub...because you are already commited mentaly for this rewards. And you already waited 8 months...
    Or you just switch to another friend and they accumulate the remaining months for you. That being said, they do give you a month's game time for every three months that your friend remains subbed, so if a friend pays for 8 months and then decides to quit, it's no skin off my back to pay him to subscribe another month.

To be entirely honest, I'd happily "donate" those 4 months of game time to a friend in return for them subbing for 12 months. Seems entirely fair to me.

Is any of this really a problem though? If I look at myself, personally, I have several friends who have quit WoW over the years, many of whom may come back with just a little persuasion. I'd certainly like those friends playing again, as WoW is more fun if you're playing with friends, so it's not like I don't want them back, but am only doing so because of the RAF rewards. But RAF rewards are do serve to strengthen my case for getting them back.

1) It gives my friend an extra reason to come back, knowing he'll be helping me get those rewards
    2) It gives me a valid justification in being charitable to a friend for whom the subscription fees is a potential barrier (and yes, I do have someone in mind).

Anyhow, for me these rewards are pretty much a foregone conclusion. It's just a question of how. I have 5 potential canditates in mind, all people who I think just need a small nudge to get them back - one of whom has a cash issue (and who I'd donate gametime to).

If all those avenues fail, I'll just create an account and bankroll it with tokens bought with gold. I am looking at a 1.8M gold investment (assuming the token price settles after Classic calms down but even if it doesn't, it isn't a ridiculous sum) with a third of that coming back to me in gametime. Something worthwhile to spend my gold on....

- - - Updated - - -

Just need 1.980.000 million cold.. (the first month has to be paid outside the game).
    I'd look into that. With the ability to convert tokens into Blizzard Balance, it think it should be possible to buy gametime using Blizzard Balance instead and then apply it to the account you want to activate. I haven't tried this yet, so feel free to correct me if I am mistaken.

(for the old RaF system many years ago I created a bunch of extra accounts and had to pay for one month's subscription each, cash. I paid the rest by sending gold and buying tokens. IIRC in the end I got back 1 month of game time as a reward anyway, so I wasn't really out of pocket, it was simply as if I was paying my regular sub cash instead of gold).

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I'm kinda afraid this will result in a massive bot wave.

Most people don't use bots because risking their main account is not worth it and paying for a new account that might/might not get banned just to cheat isn't too plausible either, but...

Since you will be paying a year sub for a burner account anyway... Might as well set up gold farming bots on them to get some of that euros back lol.
    what this will resoult in is a massive "ghost subs" wave - people who will pay blizz 120 euro and never even log in to 2nd account.

shady like f.... ck

imo they should put is as 60 euro bundle in game shop without sub . would be more fair and dont create fake subs.

i kinda think people should just allert IRS because its certainly has something in common with making up numbers in order to boost share prices.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    It's literally a pyramid scheme. But of course the usual suspects will defend every scummy decision by Bli$$ard.
    in this case i doubt anyone will defend blizz.

i mean i gladly paid 100 euro for ragnaros statue + in game mounts.

but this ? lol god no.

but i dont doubt people will just buy over time 3 months bundles on new accounts to spread it in time and they will obtain all of this - while blizz will make money out of whales

i can already imagine justification - so ok ill buy first 3 months for pet , then 3 months for mount , then 3 months for backpack and then 3 months for attire . this way 4 "ghosts" clients are created . and by spreading it in time people dont feel that 120 euro as much .
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2019-09-11 at 08:52 AM.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leronas View Post
    15 years worth? What exclusive stuff did we get for subscribing for such a long time?
    Got my exclusive titles, mounts, challengem ode armor from MoP, weapons from WoD. You want a reward for simply paying to play? Guess what, that's the game.

Then you clearly aren't part of all the game's aspects. Problem is, rewards before felt more disconnected and was limited. Now they dump rewards that has been requested, and the rewards has more effort put into it.
    So... You just want everything to be handed to you instantly, eh?

Or are you saying that people should have to work for certain things but because YOU want these rewards they should be given for free and recruit a friend rewards should be something different?

Either way... I don't even know how you function in society.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    The point is to encourage and reward you for bringing new/old people to the game, not to give you a bunch of free stuff for sending a link to people who were going to play classic anyway.
    I know what their general point is but finding new people willing to play a 15-year-old game is kinda difficult to say the least. Recruiting someone who came back for Classic could have actually made them try retail as well having in mind the R-a-F leveling perks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Surely these items should have been archaeology profession related discoveries?

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Or you just switch to another friend and they accumulate the remaining months for you. That being said, they do give you a month's game time for every three months that your friend remains subbed, so if a friend pays for 8 months and then decides to quit, it's no skin off my back to pay him to subscribe another month.

To be entirely honest, I'd happily "donate" those 4 months of game time to a friend in return for them subbing for 12 months. Seems entirely fair to me.

Is any of this really a problem though? If I look at myself, personally, I have several friends who have quit WoW over the years, many of whom may come back with just a little persuasion. I'd certainly like those friends playing again, as WoW is more fun if you're playing with friends, so it's not like I don't want them back, but am only doing so because of the RAF rewards. But RAF rewards are do serve to strengthen my case for getting them back.

1) It gives my friend an extra reason to come back, knowing he'll be helping me get those rewards
    2) It gives me a valid justification in being charitable to a friend for whom the subscription fees is a potential barrier (and yes, I do have someone in mind).

Anyhow, for me these rewards are pretty much a foregone conclusion. It's just a question of how. I have 5 potential canditates in mind, all people who I think just need a small nudge to get them back - one of whom has a cash issue (and who I'd donate gametime to).

If all those avenues fail, I'll just create an account and bankroll it with tokens bought with gold. I am looking at a 1.8M gold investment (assuming the token price settles after Classic calms down but even if it doesn't, it isn't a ridiculous sum) with a third of that coming back to me in gametime. Something worthwhile to spend my gold on....
    "Coercion", yes, thanks for introducing me to the word

Your post confirms this. You are walking through a process you WOULDNT do if it wasnt for the rewards.
    You are making a commitment in your head for this rewards.

You will resort to bargain if necessary.

I dont think this is healthy practice at all. But thanks for your post! Your thought process is exactly what is going on in everyones mind trying to get this.

Your post sounds like a real life Rogue

Edit: the funny part is that you will only get this rewards 12 months from now. More or less depending on your "real life rogue skillz"
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-09-11 at 09:31 AM.

i can already predict a video coming from bellular :

BLIZZARD AND PAY TO WIN tittle in caps ofc , 10 min video talking of how blizzard is greedy

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noct View Post
    Is there a thread you don't bring up FF XIV in? Every time I see your picture, I know exactly what direction you're going to shift the conversation to.
    Well ask for something that isn't in FFXIV. It's not my fault it seems to have an answer to most problems people have with the game. You know what? Let's play a game. List me the things you want in WoW and I will tell which one is missing from FFXIV. It should be easy, shouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Well ask for something that isn't in FFXIV. It's not my fault it seems to have an answer to most problems people have with the game. You know what? Let's play a game. List me the things you want in WoW and I will tell which one is missing from FFXIV. It should be easy, shouldn't it?
    sorry to burst your buble but ffxiv is copying other games too

RAF rewards should have been only the ability to summon each other, the bonus xp, the free month and a 2-5 seater mount that can only be used while you are in the party with at least 1 recruited friend and within x yards of each other.

Personal in-game rewards (cosmetic or not) that are gained only through throwing extra cash, including the cash shop are out of place in a game where you have to pay monthly and generally in any game it sucks that you simply cannot get some things unless you spend extra money. Alas people encourage it hence why the shop keeps expanding to all sorts of things, a few pets, then a few mounts, then some helms, then a few toys (the boss shapeshifting one is also one of the nicest) and now the RAF that has expanded to this multi stage cashgrab, also carefully timed to not allow anyone with friends that planned to return for classic to benefit.

At least the rewards are whatever, but sucks if you are a collector.
    Last edited by Firedemon; 2019-09-11 at 09:52 AM.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

things missing from FFXIV
    So like, combat that isn't janky f2p NCSoft tier, decent sound design, zones that don't look like someone's amateur unity project with load screens every two minutes, music that isn't absolute shit, item/weapon/creature/character design not copy pasted from every generic jrpg in existence, a story of note, things like that?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    sorry to burst your buble but ffxiv is copying other games too
    I know. When it was rebuilt it was designed to be a lot like the WoW of 5 years ago. But it hardly matters where ideas come from. The important question is how much of what you are looking for in an MMO is there in the game?

The recruit a friend part is cool.
    The possible bargaining and your commitment to get this rewards coming after that is not.

The problem here is that you are making a commitment in your head as soon as you decide "i want this rewards"

Step 1
    "I want this rewards"

From this moment forward, you are in for a ride.
    What You could tell me here is "stop right there, you are not supposed to want this rewards"...and that is a nice point.
    But if you so happen to get this idea in your mind...you are in for a ride.

Step 2
    Bargain or convince a friend to join the game and make a new account. More commitment to the rewards.

Step 3
    Make friend/s keep playing the game for 12 months. Sense of helplessness because its not depending on any of your actions. Possible bargain as last resort.

------

Imo this is not fun at all and has a lot of potential for "drama".
    All of this would be a non issue if the things were available at the store and you simply got them for free with RAF. IMO
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-09-11 at 10:02 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    So like, combat that isn't janky f2p NCSoft tier, decent sound design, zones that don't look like someone's amateur unity project with load screens every two minutes, music that isn't absolute shit, item/weapon/creature/character design not copy pasted from every generic jrpg in existence, a story of note, things like that?
    Yeah or things like BfA fans. Enjoy your saltyness. And before you as, yes I do indeed plan to stick around and watch as Blizzard drives this game to the ground for old memories' sake while I play other games.

Yeah or things like BfA fans. Enjoy your saltyness. And before you as, yes I do indeed plan to stick around and watch as Blizzard drives this game to the ground for old memories' sake while I play other games.
    the real question is if you hate wow so much and like ffxiv why dont you go to ffxiv forums instead of behaing like this
    otherwise you prove you are nothing more than imbecile

Yes I do indeed plan to stick around and try really hard to convince people that FFXIV is definitely really good, trust me, please listen, guys it's really good, please believe me, please. Please pay attention to my game that's expansion releases can barely get similar engagement numbers to wow's mid-expansion patches. Please we are relevant!
    Trust me I know.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Coercion", yes, thanks for introducing me to the word
    You're welcome

Just be careful though because coercion (from Coerce) carries subtly different implications depending on context. In this context I'd go with this definition:

"to compel to an act or choice"

This really is a case of the gentlest kind of coercion.

Your post confirms this. You are walking through a process you WOULDNT do if it wasnt for the rewards.

You are making a commitment in your head for this rewards.
    Correct. But just because I WOULDN'T do it if not for rewards doesn't mean I am inherently opposed to it. A more accurate way of describing it is that I am ambivalent towards doing it.

I dont think this is healthy practice at all.
    Why not?

Sometimes giving people a gentle nudge to do "the right thing" is necessary and good.

Your post sounds like a real life Rogue
    How so?

Edit: the funny part is that you will only get this rewards 12 months from now. More or less depending on your "real life rogue skillz"
    As I understand it, you get the reward once the person has added 12 months of game time. If they buy 2x 6-month bundles and apply them immediately, then as I understand it, the reward should be immediate.

Not that I am too bothered either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Leronas View Post
    15 years worth? What exclusive stuff did we get for subscribing for such a long time?
    Been playing this game for 13 years straight and here are my 2 cents:

CAN WE STOP WITH THE EXCLUSIVE SHIT ALREADY?

Mage Tower artifact skins, WoD CM weapon skins, MoP CM armor sets, Relentless Gladiator weapons, all the 0.X% drop rate raid mounts. I've had enough of your exclusive/timelimited shit. Can we have proper content added to the game that we don't have to fear of being removed? Some people just want to enjoy the game not ruin their lives leveling all classes to max level just so we can get that one skin (within a set deadline) cus we know we will regret it later....