Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    LFG is full of "LF 3 mages ZF farm" and no one wants "normal" dps anymore, not really vanilla experience if you ask me since aoe wasn't thing back then.
    yes it was.....there's a reason why South Park made the meme of farming boars.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinaa View Post
    Except it takes hours to get a balanced party going for ZF, or SM. Everyone joins either "spellcleave" or "meleecleave" groups and hunters are just out of luck.
    The only solution is to join a guild of like minded ppl, but on Mograine EU I'm not sure if a single such guild exists XD

Even regular groups are nothing like they were in vanilla. Tanks pull as if it were an m+10 timed run, nobody wants to wait for mana..
    I call bullshit. Your anecdotal experience is vastly different to mine and anyone I've played with to date. Takes hours to get a group for ZF?? Definitely not. Everyone and their grandma wants in to dungeon runs. Hunters are faster solo leveling anyway (despite me having a hunter in group from 50-55 in ZF).

People not waiting for mana are just bad. Plain bad. They're not playing like it's a +10 because you can't do that in a +10. They're playing like they're in full titanforged LFR gear clearing a +2 maybe. Leave that tank's group and blacklist them. Problem solved.

7+ Year Old Account
    aoe wasn't thing back then.
    Holy Nova, Arcane Explosion, Blizzard, Rain of Fire, Consecration, etc would beg to differ.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    it's almost like this is an open discussion forum or something
    imagine that

No argument, resorts to insults. Nice. Another addition to my ignore list.
    Except he had an argument, as in there is a lot of people asking for spell cleaves 24/7 in trade chat. And if this isn't the case on your server, it must either be a dead server or people just don't care about leveling fast. Or you're blind and don't see it. All good points.

Imagine being insulted by being called blind though, it's 2019 for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Eh I don't care to be honest (AoE as much as you want), what I DO care about is my dot s not tagging mobs on when the dot hits but when the first tic of damage goes off lol. Always hated that.

it's almost like this is an open discussion forum or something
    imagine that
    Where did I say it is not an open discussion, I just dont see the point in adding a comment that has already been made a bunch of times, was not saying you dont have the right to do it. If that is what you like to do, you carry on.

No argument, resorts to insults. Nice. Another addition to my ignore list.
    Come on, are you that much of a snowflake that you think it is an insult? Here is a nicer way of saying it just for you; "How can you not have seen any of the requests for 3 mage aoe groups, or spellcleave aoe farm groups, they are EVERYWHERE."

On your ignore list? That is cold bro, I dont think I will ever recover from this pain.

"invented" lol. It's plenty easy to get normal groups. I've never waited for more than like 15 min to get a group for any dungeon. If it takes more than 5 min I start my own and it fills within like 10 min.

If they just had invented aoe back in the day, so much easier those pack of core hounds in mc would be

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Middle/end of TBC Pally tanks would just want Mages and 'Locks for AoE runs. It was less important in WotLK as the content was all so easy.
    right because TBC pallies could hold are threat amazingly well. But I'm talking vanilla/classic where that wasn't the case. LK.... not only was content easy, even non-AOE classes like rogues got at least some AOE spells (FoK for rogues, Mind Sear for priests, etc)

Joker inventing aoe was a result of layering which isn't true vanilla experience so the OP is correct in such context.

yeah, sorry. AOE farming an instance is mega uber boring IMO. If I'm ever taking three mages its because I want all the weapon and mail/plate drops to myself not because of their AOE. I usually will run one or two instances and then go back to questing,.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkej View Post
    Actually, people do not even want to join grps that aint spellcleave. I am sonn 60, just about to farm some more Brd cus questing as Paladin is meh.
    I repeat, fuck them and fuck their momma, don't let them ruin YOUR fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Escepticus View Post
    Yeah, AoE by frost mages were not a thing in vanilla, right
    /s

(and lol at "Jokerd invented AoE", XD XD XD)

Here, a classic video from back then:

Stunning great video !

LFG is full of "LF 3 mages ZF farm" and no one wants "normal" dps anymore, not really vanilla experience if you ask me since aoe wasn't thing back then.
    But it was.

He did not invent AoE farming haha

The great thing about classic is that if no one wants.. you can start your own. Just type LFM <insert dungeon here> and roll with it. Be a leader not a follower

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by swunk View Post
    Joker inventing aoe was a result of layering which isn't true vanilla experience so the OP is correct in such context.
    You do know he didn't abuse layering until 58 right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Did you even play vanilla?
    Ive played and i played as mage. I almost never spellcleaved dungeos maybe in late game. I farmed and exp grind aoe for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’ve had no issue making normal runs. Not everyone is leveling a mage and not every mage want to reduce their leveling experience to a literal grind.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    So, not really.

AoE was definitely a thing in Vanilla. You probably didn't see it so much because people didn't have (or at least widely use) an LFG tool.

And lol at the people saying things like people are smarter and doing things they didn't think about back then. All these things happened back then too. Despite what Blizz PR would have you believe, many of us (perhaps even most of us) used specs that weren't cookie-cutter. Blizz PR started that line of BS (that 90% of people used the same specs anyways) solely to convince the rubes that it was okay for them to cut corners (and thus their costs) by simplifying the talent tree into stupidity.

What has changed, again, is the attitude of a number of the players. Too many have been conditioned into thinking, "Go go go!" and "Gotta get all the lootz" and "End game is the only game" over the past 8 years now. So what was less common in Vanilla has become more common in Classic.

No big deal. I have no issue finding groups using all kinds of methods to clear dungeons...just like in Vanilla.