Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

What happened to 8.2.5?

Did the PTR just fall off the face of the Earth? We haven't had any real developments in like a month now.
    Kupo.

Quote Originally Posted by TransMog View Post
    Did the PTR just fall off the face of the Earth? We haven't had any real developments in like a month now.
    You make a good point, sailor! With the RAF announcement today, and the fact that its going live in a few months and involves party sync, there's a safe bet that 8.2.5 will be going live between now and then. /shrug

7+ Year Old Account
    They are presumably able to encrypt data really well now until close to going live.

The data miners could data mine and then release the info but this would just lead to Blizzard increasing their encryption efforts.

So we’re pretty much in the dark for now, though a few things make their way through (like the new data-mined models).

There’s speculation in the 8.3+ thread that this will be a story heavy patch that will dictate the end of BFA/ and start of next expansion which is why it’s super under wraps.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Classic hype seems to have swallowed it whole. Wouldn't surprise me if they dropped it next week with no fanfare whatsoever.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic Happened
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Classic and get used to it, they're gonna weaponize classic so they can slack off and ping pong people back and forth for maximum profits.

hmm...wasnt 8.2.5 the most recent patch with the Azshara raid? maybe i'm mistaken. :P
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    hmm...wasnt 8.2.5 the most recent patch with the Azshara raid? maybe i'm mistaken. :P
    We're in 8.2. 8.2.5 brings Worgen updates, which means I won't look like something from the Gamecube era in the first time in forever.

And I guess Goblins and party-synch and whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Classic hype seems to have swallowed it whole. Wouldn't surprise me if they dropped it next week with no fanfare whatsoever.
    Agreed. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they just pulled a WoD and wrapped up BfA in a very small 8.3 patch with a 1 - 3 boss raid that sets us up for next expansion and a tie up to the Alliance / Horde fighting story line as well as Sylvanas' story line, whose real ending will almost certainly be a focal point of the next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Agreed. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they just pulled a WoD and wrapped up BfA in a very small 8.3 patch with a 1 - 3 boss raid that sets us up for next expansion and a tie up to the Alliance / Horde fighting story line as well as Sylvanas' story line, whose real ending will almost certainly be a focal point of the next expansion.
    Nah that's where my line is. I think they commit to 8.3 because they don't have any real story beats here that they could just port forward. WoD they could abandon because they could spin the legion into an entire expansion.

Classic happend. Let the big hypetrain run for a few weeks, then come with infodump about 8.3 while doing a sudden 8.2.5 release. Genius plan!

Classic happened, that's it.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

What are you looking for?

We know whats coming in 8.2.5.
    We know their working on it.
    They'll have a release candidate on the PTR when its close to release.

Constantly posting "Still working on it" is pointless.

Classic happened.

Pretty sure since they saw a classic hype going on they told themselfs to keep BfA dev info back so that once the hype would go down they can release new 8.2.5. info and keep WoW interest up till blizzcon.

Ah but what happened to "ClAsSiC hAs a DiFfErEnT tEAm iT woNt ImpAcT rETaIl DeVeloPmENt!!!".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    Ah but what happened to "ClAsSiC hAs a DiFfErEnT tEAm iT woNt ImpAcT rETaIl DeVeloPmENt!!!".
    Nothing. This is a PR move, not a "the dev team can't handle two games at once" move.

8.2.5 is just anniversary event and tinewalking stuff and some other random shit. Who cares?

5+ Year Old Account
    If you are hoping a ptr update, stay tunned between Wednesday and Thursday night, if nothing happens, wait another week.

yeah yeah, its sounds wathever you are thinking right now, but it doesnt matter. The ptr updates that werent encrypted are just "worguen goblin update, minor npcs and some bits and pieces of the event" dont expect anything more from 8.2.5 or at least, do not expect something its going in the open before its arrival.

Why? we dont fucking know, at this point its better to go and play classic. Yes, i am not joking, do not overpull yourself expecting ptr, only Blizzard knows. We dont.

The less days I count until BlizzCon the more it is for certain that 8.3 will be revealed at BlizzCon together with new expansion and 8.2.5 will be released around beginning of October.

This would be a premiere for a BlizzCon.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Nah that's where my line is. I think they commit to 8.3 because they don't have any real story beats here that they could just port forward. WoD they could abandon because they could spin the legion into an entire expansion.
    I disagree. I think they could wrap up the Horde v Alliance story in a smaller patch, basically once again going, "Yeah, the sensible leaders have decided to put aside the fighting and band together since N'Zoth is now released." and they can port forward the "Sylvanas clearly wasn't one of those sensible leaders. Her motives now made clear, she's on the run and teaming up with N'Zoth to save her hide." story.