Poll: Should Thunderfury go to the MT or Rogue?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Mm, I'm sure that's what happened. I'm probably just a bad tank. Having tanked some of the hardest raids, challenge modes, M+, proving grounds endless 30+, were all probably flukes.
    Yeah, and I'm sure I was getting helped by TT/MD when they weren't in the party, mmhmm.

See, you're sitting there accusing me of making up shit, and then you go and do something that could just as easily be you making up shit.

I had zero issues holding agro in any group without TT/MD, you can either believe that or not, either way, this conversation is over, because you're clearly too invested in the idea that I'm lying for absolutely no reason, and I'm done wasting time arguing with you.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-09-19 at 02:48 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    I don't think you understand Warrior tanking at all

Warriors are not "over-threating" at all and the current end game meta is to actually dual-wield as a warrior to squeeze out every single ounce of threat possible to give the DPS'ers more room
    I would normally agree with you in a casual/semi-serious guild. But in a serious guild that is not an issue. I not only have played as a fury tank up t'ill Naxx but also played other tanks that crucially need every bit of threat possible.

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    K I can't tell if you're trolling or you actually think that.

TF wasn't good in TBC, Kungen only wore TF for their kill videos half of which weren't their first kill videos due to exploit reasons, which he has admitted and has been proven over the years. He just wore it for the cool look factor.

But you can believe what you want in your fanboy head
    Who are you again? Oh right. Random nobody flapping his gums at me. Don't ever speak to me again.
    Yohohoho

Give it to whoever you want.

To all the people worried about a Rogue's threat with this weapon - Feint and Vanish.

Quote Originally Posted by Flozzie View Post
    Give it to whoever you want.

To all the people worried about a Rogue's threat with this weapon - Feint and Vanish.
    their threat doesn't matter, what matters is that if the MT is creating more threat, the rest of the raid can dps more without the fear of pulling aggro. this is the key factor as to why it should go to the MT first and then dps second. if the goal is to kill stuff quicker and save time, then having a small dps increase across the whole raid is better than a single person getting a large dps increase. especially when there is no real guarantee that that rogue won't die somehow and then tf is out the fight. there is some benefit to giving it to the one person in the raid that is likely getting healed constantly.

besides that i've been doing my character as an MT, threat gen is shiiit in full tanking gear. you tank good yeah, but you generate rage like a pacifist. at some point the MT needs a good weapon to make up for the meagre amounts of threat you make with the piddly amounts of rage you get. in my defence gear I think i have about 394 defence, can't hold aggro in dungeons like that, i have to bring it down to maybe 340-350 and use dps gear. I can basically not get hit, but that becomes the problem.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-09-22 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    besides that i've been doing my character as an MT, threat gen is shiiit in full tanking gear. you tank good yeah, but you generate rage like a pacifist. at some point the MT needs a good weapon to make up for the meagre amounts of threat you make with the piddly amounts of rage you get. in my defence gear I think i have about 394 defence, can't hold aggro in dungeons like that, i have to bring it down to maybe 340-350 and use dps gear. I can basically not get hit, but that becomes the problem.
    maybe I am misunderstanding.. but are you saying you have threat issues in dungeons? Also, +def is overrated you only need it during progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    maybe I am misunderstanding.. but are you saying you have threat issues in dungeons? Also, +def is overrated you only need it during progression.
    lets not get all semantical or pedantic now, i've seen how good ppl are at tanking with no defence stats, its not great. also not that fun on the healer either. but you do you. defence makes it harder for mobs to land crits on you, it does also increase avoidance, tanking with no defence is going to mean that you're soaking crits no healer wants to heal a paper tank where its basically sheer luck whether or not you take a crit streak and die. or just get stunned and die.

threat in dungeons is largely down to everyone flexing their apm usually right on the pull.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-09-22 at 12:04 PM.

who you trust to stick with the guild

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    lets not get all semantical or pedantic now, i've seen how good ppl are at tanking with no defence stats, its not great. also not that fun on the healer either. but you do you. defence makes it harder for mobs to land crits on you, it does also increase avoidance, tanking with no defence is going to mean that you're soaking crits no healer wants to heal a paper tank where its basically sheer luck whether or not you take a crit streak and die. or just get stunned and die.
    I can't tell if you are being sarcastic. Defense gear is literally equipped during progression any other time you equip threat related gear. I can see a few +def pieces equip here and there if you are unsure of a PUG's performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    I'm sure if asmongold played a rogue, he'd still get the bindings over whatever mt was on his run. :P
    A failed casual in retail is now the the king of the noobs in classic. The amout of players he managed to gather around himself in classic speaks volumes about the classic community. I hope I catch in lifestreamfails the finale of this shitshow, when he drops classic as soon as his viewers demand retail/othergame content. Future meme content for sure.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    I can't tell if you are being sarcastic. Defense gear is literally equipped during progression any other time you equip threat related gear. I can see a few +def pieces equip here and there if you are unsure of a PUG's performance.
    its practically equipped because taking the minimal amount of damage is the point of being the tank, thats what makes it practical. what ppl are doing right now IS progression, progressing from level 50 green gear to dungeon bis to raid gear. the MT, person tanking the raid boss, kinda needs to make as much threat as possible if the raid wants to nuke it down. sure you can charge in, full dps gear and maybe be totally fine, depending on your healers, or you can go in with the gear that will make sure you likely won't just randomly die, the first option the fury tank is likely not getting thunderfury, because they don't need the threat gen. the MT is the one who does.

I honestly think it should go to a rogue because , a tank will never lose aggro in raids either ways , not to a rogue with Thunderfury , nor to anyone in raids eventually. which honestly makes it a waste of a good item , since a tank won't be losing aggro anyways, it doesn't have high damage so if it missed to proc on some pack (which happens alot) it'd actually be worse than most other weapons a warrior can benefit of , ppl just should see it as a sword instead of a legendary item and just give it to those who actually can do something useful with it. if it was purple colored instead of orange , most ppl wouldn't consider taking it from a swords rogue. honestly I think other classes try to convince themselves it's a good item for them just cause they can equip it and it looks cool and orange xD , but the fact is , with slice and dice up and thunderfury in offhand proc'ing , and the minus nature resist it has benefitting rogue poisons makes it a swords rogue item.

Thunderfury on a Rogue buffs your Rogue.
    Thunderfury on your MT buffs every DPS member in the raid.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Should Thunderfury go to the MT or a Rogue in the raid?
    The first 8 should go to Warriors, because you need 8 tanks with Thunderfury if you expect to get past Four Horsemen in Naxx.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

No hunter option?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thunderfury lasts a tank the entirety of Vanilla.

It's an amazing rogue weapon, but it doesn't last the entire expansion and there are pretty viable alternatives that aren't that much worse that pop up pretty early.

No brainer.

Any guild that attributes it to a rogue before a frequent tank, let alone the MT, is idiotic.

TF goes to the most trusted member in the guild to those that would logically use it. Generally that would be the main tank but sometimes not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghaith View Post
    I honestly think it should go to a rogue because , a tank will never lose aggro in raids either ways , not to a rogue with Thunderfury , nor to anyone in raids eventually. which honestly makes it a waste of a good item , since a tank won't be losing aggro anyways, it doesn't have high damage so if it missed to proc on some pack (which happens alot) it'd actually be worse than most other weapons a warrior can benefit of , ppl just should see it as a sword instead of a legendary item and just give it to those who actually can do something useful with it. if it was purple colored instead of orange , most ppl wouldn't consider taking it from a swords rogue. honestly I think other classes try to convince themselves it's a good item for them just cause they can equip it and it looks cool and orange xD , but the fact is , with slice and dice up and thunderfury in offhand proc'ing , and the minus nature resist it has benefitting rogue poisons makes it a swords rogue item.
    Actually threat is the biggest issue in raiding. The only issue. This is the entire reason tanks go fury prot spec, because of threat. Thunderfury on anyone but the MT isn't wise. Hell if you wanted to give it to DPS it would be better to give to a fury warrior in the end because they can just tank when they end up getting aggro lol.

Also you mentioned offhanding TF.. I guess you're new and thats alright man. But really, TF is a waste in the offhand. A big waste. As others said, TF on rogues buffs one rogues DPS. TF on the tank buffs the entire raids DPS.

Edit: Edited upon realizing I was being mean to someone likely new.
    Last edited by Beet; 2019-11-17 at 05:08 AM.

new xD lol .. i've been playing wow since 2005 , and trust me I do know what I'm talking about .. it's a rogue offhand weapon , one day you'll realize it. am just trying to help you see the picture.
    this tank thing is just a made up lie by some tank who wanted to steal it one day ,and ppl bought it .. a Tank can tank and have more threat and hold aggro using tons of other weapons in game. so it'd be better for the tank and for the raid to hold any other weapon with higher end damage.
    this weapon has low damage and it depends mostly on procs and poison damage. so with slice and dice up , and rogue poisons,this weapon does what it's actually supposed to do.
    if a tank has it and it didn't proc on any pull , then watch ur threat
    it's a waste on a Tank , cuz there are other weapons that does more reliable threat.
    and it's a kickass rogue offhand. hope ppl would stop this tank propaganda
    Last edited by Ghaith; 2019-11-17 at 10:48 AM.