Poll: Should Thunderfury go to the MT or Rogue?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    The first 8 should go to Warriors, because you need 8 tanks with Thunderfury if you expect to get past Four Horsemen in Naxx.
    wait..waht?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moose184 View Post
    No hunter option?
    Tfury is indeed BiS for a hunter tank. (yes it's a thing)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Back during Vanilla, we gave TF to the MT and right the next day he wouldnt raid anymore and pvp as fury or whatever he did with it.

He disappeared.

MT
    Tfury is replaced later by Iblis or Hungering Cold in Naxx. It also has a threat issue, even with feint and vanishing on CD. That being said, pretty much everyone wants random damage procs on their PVP weapon, making it decent there.

Not sure what kind of loot system your guild's using, but if it's DKP, let whomever wants it spend - just sell the entire weapon instead of the pieces. If it's some form of loot council, though, stick with Warrior MT. They'll use it through all of classic - and if they upgrade to TBC, through a good chunk of that 'til the nerfs come in.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Actually threat is the biggest issue in raiding. The only issue. This is the entire reason tanks go fury prot spec, because of threat. Thunderfury on anyone but the MT isn't wise. Hell if you wanted to give it to DPS it would be better to give to a fury warrior in the end because they can just tank when they end up getting aggro lol.

Also you mentioned offhanding TF.. I guess you're new and thats alright man. But really, TF is a waste in the offhand. A big waste. As others said, TF on rogues buffs one rogues DPS. TF on the tank buffs the entire raids DPS.

Edit: Edited upon realizing I was being mean to someone likely new.
    holy cow you've been in some pretty bad raids if aggro and threat are an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Also you mentioned offhanding TF.. I guess you're new and thats alright man. But really, TF is a waste in the offhand. A big waste. As others said, TF on rogues buffs one rogues DPS. TF on the tank buffs the entire raids DPS.
    TF is mostly used for its proc on rogue. I'm expecting even Vis'kag would outperform TF in MH. I know for certain that Gressil demolishes TF MH. 60-140 flat vs 138-250 is just too large of a jump.

For now, it'll probably be fine to mh it, but as more raids get released it'll get worse and worse. If you're getting it for your raid, give it to your warrior tank. Everyone else will have replaced it before the expansion is over. Even other (traditional) tanks.

The first 8 should go to Warriors, because you need 8 tanks with Thunderfury if you expect to get past Four Horsemen in Naxx.
    Lol, what? We didn't have a single tank with TF and we got past them back in vanilla without much problem.

It's garbage for Rogues outside of PvP anyome who says otherwise has no idea what they're talking about. MT always as much as it saddens me to say as a rogue myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    TF is mostly used for its proc on rogue. I'm expecting even Vis'kag would outperform TF in MH. I know for certain that Gressil demolishes TF MH. 60-140 flat vs 138-250 is just too large of a jump.

For now, it'll probably be fine to mh it, but as more raids get released it'll get worse and worse. If you're getting it for your raid, give it to your warrior tank. Everyone else will have replaced it before the expansion is over. Even other (traditional) tanks.
    ofc Vis'kag is a better MH , and so is Brutality Blade even. there are even blues/greens that does better on ur MH than TF
    but for offhand on the other hand , TF would be insane.
    I promise u all xD , it's supposed to be on a rogue on OH. it belongs there

It will probably go to GM or friends (often officers) regardless of performance. Loot council is here to assure them getting all shinies first.

There is a reason I feel the majority of GMs are prot warrior MT. It's not only because they love tanking :')

The first one should porbably go to your MT. I don't think it matters a whole lot what you do with the rest of them tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaith View Post
    ofc Vis'kag is a better MH , and so is Brutality Blade even. there are even blues/greens that does better on ur MH than TF
    It's been a long while since classic, but I recall having quite a few issues with our rogue w/ TF. Namely threat. That proc puts out a disgusting amount of threat and even with vanishing & feint, it's a struggle to manage. Once our MT got one and our OTs got better weapons the problem normalized a bit, but yeah...

In any case, by the time Naxx rolls out, there are just better options for rogue. There aren't for warrior tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    It's garbage for Rogues outside of PvP anyome who says otherwise has no idea what they're talking about. MT always as much as it saddens me to say as a rogue myself.
    The real answer is that it should go to a rogue tank. Tfury legitimately pushes them to compete with conventional raid threat.

Paladins.. clearly its really good for Paladins..

/s

You give it to the tank, full stop, the threat the proc generates is huge, and that increase in threat means that all the rest of the dps in the raid can do more damage without worrying about pulling threat, so the dps gain you get from that is a lot more than what you would get from just giving it to a rogue.

62 rogues think they deserve Thunderfury.

Classic will be out for 40 billion years. Enough time for everyone in the game to have a Thunderfury in their bags.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    holy cow you've been in some pretty bad raids if aggro and threat are an issue.
    Let me see your guild's logs then. We can compare who's in the bad raid. Or maybe you're alliance with salvation which helps make things easy peezy.

But yeah you act like this is a new thing. Do you not see why everyone stresses threat generation for warrior tanks? Why Fury Prot is a thing? It's because of threat. Not for funsies. Then again you likely just have DPS doing 300 DPS and thinking that's great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post

Right, thats why its awful in the OH because you get more procs MH. I definitely agree though, Gressil will annihilate it. This is why it should go to the tank

- - - Updated - - -

new xD lol .. i've been playing wow since 2005 , and trust me I do know what I'm talking about .. it's a rogue offhand weapon , one day you'll realize it. am just trying to help you see the picture.
    this tank thing is just a made up lie by some tank who wanted to steal it one day ,and ppl bought it .. a Tank can tank and have more threat and hold aggro using tons of other weapons in game. so it'd be better for the tank and for the raid to hold any other weapon with higher end damage.
    this weapon has low damage and it depends mostly on procs and poison damage. so with slice and dice up , and rogue poisons,this weapon does what it's actually supposed to do.
    if a tank has it and it didn't proc on any pull , then watch ur threat
    it's a waste on a Tank , cuz there are other weapons that does more reliable threat.
    and it's a kickass rogue offhand. hope ppl would stop this tank propaganda
    Bullshit. Dude do you not realize there's actual spreadsheets out there? You can see the DPS for yourself. You don't fucking offhand TF. Go to the big rogue discord and bring that up see the reaction you get. Seriously, wow. If you're this confident about everything you must be an amazing rogue. I'd love to see your warcraftlogs right now for MC or Ony.

..No? What? Are you insane dude? I was nice to you before cause I thought you were new but you talk as if you know things when you don't. At all. You want it MH because MH procs it FAR FAR more than offhand. That's the only point. Jesus man please don't give advice to anyone ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Classic will be out for 40 billion years. Enough time for everyone in the game to have a Thunderfury in their bags.
    i have either the weapon or both bindings on 4 toons. gotta love MC mat/xmog farming!
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

this^ ... enabling your guild to be able to kill 4 horsemen is actually a pretty good proposition

I don't understand why some people think TF has anything to do with downing 4 horsemen. You people are literally telling everyone that you have no clue how the fight works. TF has nothing to do with taunting a boss at a certain time.