Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Since "pretty much everything from TBC onward" seems like a bit much, I'm also gonna throw my ticket in front of the Villain Ball that got violently spiked in Garrosh's direction.

He could have remained a bloothirsty asshole, but one who was still ultimately an honorable dude. The kind of guy who would get pissed at the very idea of using something like the Mana Bomb on a city full of civilians or siphoning energy from the corpse of an Old God.

He could still have a clear preference for his fellow orcs, and a sense of disgust at the actions of Sylvanas and the Forsaken, without being blatantly racist and outright genocidal.

He also made a good foil for Pre-Cata Varian, who was an amicable enough dude on the surface, but could be kind of a jerk if properly riled.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    I actually was thinking about this the other day. And I feel like it makes no fucking sense for Vol'jin and Cairne to instantly turn on Garry. Vol'jin and Cairne were Thrall's friends so they would have respected his choice and rather be counsellors to the new and inexperienced warchief instead of instantly fighting him.
    It’s like an instant thing to some Druids die and carine challenges him to a death match then vol’jin threatens him for no reason.

The game was rigged from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Just as Sylvanas is about to burn that tree and Darnassus, a legion of undead led by DK Garithos arrive to defeat her and the Horde forces. Because he's the undead hero we need and deserve.
    Garithos: It's just like I always say....NEVER TRUST AN ELF! * executes Sylvanas *
    Garithos: And as for that...Burn it. Filthy elves....

Sylvanas successfully committed suicide.

Warlords of Draenor never happened and there are no AUs
    S.H.

Night elves don't ban arcane magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    You didn't lose crap since Bolvar still plays a role in the story. Get your victim complex out.
    Well, Bolvar stood in the throne room next to Anduin before, now he's the leader of the undead, so the Alliance lost a leader.

The existence of Alliance as a faction. Azeroth then becomes Horde free real estate. Best retcon for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Kael'thas doesn't betray the Blood Elves to join the legion. Would be King of Quel'telas today.
    I support this idea alot.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Oh, that's easy. No time traveling/alternate universes bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Retcon med'an away a second time, just to make sure.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    legion doesn't need WOD to happen
    It does, actually, AU Gul'dan summoned the Legion through the tomb of Sargeras, no AU Gul'dan, no Legion... They would have come to Azeroth evetually, ofc, but it wouldn't have happened then, not for a long long time, and as a result the entire thing would have been different.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-09-14 at 08:29 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Retcon the golden book out of existance, Arthas goes back to life after his soul is restored and he accepts prison for his act in the Icecrown citadel, the world still believes that he's and the lich king are dead but he's now Bolvar's Jailor.

Bolvar continues being bolvar.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Theramore still stands.
    I don't think so sister.

@OP I'd retcon Garrosh becoming a villain after 5.1 by not allowing him to betray Vol'jin.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    It does, actually, AU Gul'dan summoned the Legion through the tomb of Sargeras, no AU Gul'dan, no Legion... They would have come to Azeroth evetually, ofc, but it wouldn't have happened then, not for a long long time, and as a result the entire thing would have been different.
    Replace AU Gul'dan with literally any other warlock, because anything is better than using alternate universes to bring back characters.

I'd let Vol'jin live. Give the man a chance to actually be Warchiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I don't think so sister.

@OP I'd retcon Garrosh becoming a villain after 5.1 by not allowing him to betray Vol'jin.
    my ticket, my choice, Theramore Stands!

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    The problem is there is no way in hell a character like Anduin would start a war unprovoked
    But he was! Lets list the reasons for him to 'retake' lordaeron:
    1: Forsaken invaded Gilneas, who are now a part of the alliance. Forsaken will always remain a threat to them
    2: surviving members of lordaeron fled to kalimdor and lived in theramore, theramore was destroyed, leaving the lordaeronian refugees twice displaced.
    3: Calia Menethils return as the 'rightful hieress' to lordaeron
    4: forsaken making the lordaeron region inhospitable to life

You could go on with this, but frankly any single one of those reasons would be enough to invade, let alone all 4.

teldrassil was just beyond overkill. Whats worse, it served no real tactical purpose and the entire assault made zero sense since, as you said, anduin wouldnt start a war unprovoked. The alliance had no interest in starting a war with the horde because anduin is essentially a 'goodness' elemental.

Having teldrassil first just cemented the horde as irredeemable villains and the alliance as the unconditional good guys. as a horde player, the entire intro to BFA was demoralizing as fuck, alliance honestly couldnt do anything this expansion to break even with the hordes villiany. They could genocide the entirety of the horde and honestly they would probably still come off looking better considering it as a response to the horde attempting the same thing. the current horde has been more destructive to azeroth than the legion and the scourge combined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Retcon Burning crusade. Make Emerald Dream real

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Or it becomes the new "big bad" which impels the disparate worlds to unite in a cosmic action storyline (which seems to be where WoW is heading).
    We cant beat a void titan, thats game over for everyone

Retcon The Horde's betrayal of Garrosh. Allowing the horde to follow the True War-chief into the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    We cant beat a void titan, thats game over for everyone
    I would say that remains to be seen, to be honest. Sargeras definitely seemed to think that was the case, but Sargeras also thought turning the entire universe against him was a workable long-term strategy - so probably not the best basis for determining what can or should be done. It's also equally possible that Sargeras still could've destroyed the planet without going on to be corrupted and creating the Burning Legion, after all. He could've gone back to the Pantheon and explained himself, accepting their censure in due course and returning to his duties in time. What led to his corruption was their fundamental inability to come to an equitable solution, which my "golden ticket" retcon would change.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead