Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Classic will soon be 3 weeks old and for many of us it's been a colossal experience in various different ways. On launch day, all my guildies and almost all my B-Net friends were desparately trying to get in, to have this old school experience. Many hours and days of gameplay have been devoted to Classic since then, and during that time we all verified the things we've been told over the months and years leading to the Classic launch ourselves. The hype train is slowing down and by now most people have quit the game already and I'm about to follow. So what about that hype we were being fed, mostly by influencers, streamers and youtubers turned out to be untrue?

1. Classic raids are very hard.

This has already been extensively discussed in other threads, but nonetheless I wanted to get this out of the way first. This was heavily pushed as one of the selling points of Classic. How many hours you have to spend on farming consumables, how many hours you have to spend on getting this and that...in the end it turned out that people below the level cap in greens are able to clear the raids. The only difficulty in clearing the raid is actually getting to level 60.

2. Old talent trees are better than the current ones

This is something that was advertised not only with Classic in mind, but in general in any discussion about the talent system in the current game. These initial weeks of people having access to Classic has shown that not only are those old talents not interesting (the vast majority of them just being +1% dmg on ability), but they also allow no options to pick at all, because resetting them costs a fortune. Depending on the class, about 2-4 talents in the whole tree actually make a difference in your gameplay. The rest is filler that doesn't give any tangible power up.

3. It’s about the journey, not the race to 60

Probably one of the most pushed ideas by all the veteran/elite players/streamers. What ended up happening was of course all those people who were pushing this idea went and grinded dungeons in raids with premade groups. Various excuses were employed, but in general the truth was laid bare for everyone to see. Turns out it’s not about the adventure in the zones, as that’s just boring grindfest of poorly balanced quests. It’s getting to the cap as fast as possible that is important, and people just playing normally are treated as some weirdos wasting their time. And for good reason - questing seems to be one of the worst possible ways to level up in Classic. Instance grinding, layer hopping, or just simple mob grinding in one spot are all faster.

4. Classic incentivizes player interaction, so everyone will suddenly become sociable and make friends

This just isn't the case. We can blame the current times and how people are in general these days, but I'm willing to bet it's been like that years ago too. People don't socialize. Sure, they do group up for quests, because those quests necessitate that. They sometimes say "hi", "bye" or "warrior taunt the mob" but usually nothing beyond that. There is absolutely nothing different about grouping in Classic in comparison to grouping through lfg-type systems in retail wow. People enter a party, they do the task, they leave, and never speak to each other again.

5. Getting into a dungeon group won't be a problem because there's no ilvl, r.io, achievements and armory.

False. Everyone and their mother spends their whole day on twitch now, and they already know the “leveling meta” for dungeons. Different class, or a spec without specific aoe abilities the party leader wants? No invite. And sure, I'm not saying you won't ever find a group for dungeon, and you can always make your own group, but about 80-90% of the groups advertised past level 40 are for specific classes and specific comps only. Yes, you will be able to do a dungeon run for quests while leveling, but it will take a long while looking through the "meta only" group advertisements to find one that just wants you as a player, not as an aoe mage. Other than that, thanks to loot options in Classic, most of the groups usually have a list of "reserved items" that you have to agree to pass on when you join the party. So which is worse, requiring a higher RIO, or asking that you pass on 10 items that you actually need?

6. Class quests, the holy grail of class fantasy

Class quests are the epitome of the antiquated game design. Not only are they fully skippable, which makes them horrible for people who are not playing the game on rails following a complete leveling guide for their class, but they often also require a group, and the ability to kill an enemy that is like 10 levels above your current level. For many of those quests you literally have to ask for boost, or you'll not complete them. Them being fully skippable also means that you may end up at a level cap while lacking skills essential to your class. Not only are those quests fully skippable, they also give no mention of the actual final reward in the game itself, so again, you have to follow 3rd party guides to even know what's coming.

7. Classic is a great game for casuals, much better than modern WoW

It is obviously not. In no way, shape, or form. Leveling is broken, imbalanced and just badly designed. Quests are few and far between, and you have to juggle 3-4 zones at once to even keep doing them. Otherwise you just have to grind mobs. As for the mobs themselves, you often die while fighting 1 mob that is on your level on lower. It's not even about everything taking long, it's about you wasting a lot of time if you don't know the proper route or not paying like 10$ for the proper questing addon that will take you through stuff you need to do. Leveling in Classic while not having any prior knowledge or memorized routes is just a pain. But okay - let's say you are a casual and you reach the level cap in a month or two. What can you do? You can level your professions, maybe farm some gold for an epic mount...content ends. You can always level an alt I guess, but why put yourself through that hell again? There is absolutely nothing to do in Classic if you don't plan to raid in it, which is why I personlally quit on level 42. The grind has become really tredious, and I would put myself through it if there was something waiting at the end - and there's not. I'm not afraid of long grinds, I've reached max overal level in the original Runescape 2 (the one osrs is based on) years back. And I'm grinding some stuff on retail wow for years now, on 30 characters. There needs to be an incentive though, and there is none in Classic.

So these are the main ones I know about. If you have any other myths that were completely debunked by Classic's release feel free to post.
    1 - They were more difficult back then due to lack of knowledge and finding 40 people to come along instead of 10. I dont remember seeing anyone say they were harder. They wern't.

2 - They are more interesting to me so this is down to preference. Its not a myth. Its just preference.

3 - It still is about the journey for most players. Funnily enough despite what people think twitch IS NOT a grasp for the average wow player. This has actually been debated in my guilds discord recently. We have over 300 people in the guild and when there was a poll about how many people watch twitch, with 212 votes cast 176 said they dont watch twitch or have watched one or two streams but do not watch it regularly. So streamers rushing to 60 is not an indication of everyone rushing. I have only seen a handful of 60's on my server which is the most popular PVE one in EU. So this is pure conjuncture.

4 - It does, sorry but it does. Any zone you go you see people asking for help, looking for more, looking for dungeons and from that, conversations are sparked. I've had more fun conversations in wow classic in one month than i have on retail in 10 years. Thats not just me either. Plenty will agree with that. Everyones in a rush on retail to get a mythic done and if you try to joke around or spark a conversation, no ones interested. A good example of this is people looking for a group for Bhag'Thera in STV. Its easily soloable and yet people know that, they just ask out of courtesy and kindness. I Haven't seen this on retail since early WOD. And before then i cant remember. The reason i remember it in WOD was a specific chat me and someone else had about no one ever asking for help/being curtious anymore and people just give the reply DO IT YERSELF ITS SOLOABLE FOOL

5 - No they dont. Again you are REALLY misjudging how many people actually watch twitch. I dont, i never have, i never will. Many others dont, never have and never will. Im not a minority either. Im not saying more people dont watch twitch but you are really underestimating how many people dont give a dogs bollock about twitch. And i am yet to see any groups for Mara, ZF, Uldaman, or ST ask for specific classes.

Also, having played in classic, even if they did, that wouldnt be abnormal. That happened sometimes in classic. What makes it easier is yes, no ones demanding 3948756738590245 item level. But if im a shadow priest in retail trying to start a mythic +15 group, no one wants to join. If im a shadow priest in classic LFM, people will join. They wont ignore me cause im a shadow priest or demand a warrior be the tank etc. Again, another point made entirely of conjuncture and your own myths.

6 - I cant comment on this, i never saw anyone say class quests were amazing. Dunno whether thats just you reading too far into something or me not reading enough opinions on it.

7 - Again, never saw a lot of people say this lol. If anything i saw more people saying how its not as good for casuals. So are you just making things up now?

But yeah, entire post of conjecture and mostly your own myths. If you dont like this game, then stop playing and spare the rest your butt hurt bitching.

Considering how much you seem to value twitch and its pathetic streamers though, you're probably getting your opinions from that. To which i state again, stop holding so much value to how many people watch twitch. For every 100 watching a wow stream of sodapoppin, theres 50 who are playing the fucking game for themselves and couldnt give a toss what some other bellend is up to or whats "meta"
    Last edited by Bae; 2019-09-18 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sephrinx View Post
    The only thing that matters is this.

Classic WoW is amazing. This isn't a myth, it's the subjective truth.
    I guess you find it fun to redo all the content that you did when vanilla was live. Unless you were not a vanilla baby, then i can see classic as being amazing. :P
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

This might be very subjective, true. However I think we can all agree here, that wiping out content that is supposed to be max level for people geared in dungeons, by a group of sub-level cap quest-geared people means the content is not hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    TIME

If you did UBRS in 2-3 hours with 15man in the first 2 years of vanilla and you are doing the same dungeon in <30mins with 5 people, with the same gear-color, you could say its a bit easier to do.

Overnerfed content is what the people wanted in the heated nochanges discussions. The question for hard/easy is not in the room anymore, people wanted LFR vanilla and they got it and surprise-surprise many casuals seem to like LFR style.

WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT?
    The difficulty level describes nothing more than a felt resistance that prevents you from reaching your goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Clearly
    I was big into cybering during vanilla. *Ahh..the joy of cybering the priest healer as a MT heely paladin.*
    I dunno if cybering was considered socializing or not. :P

- - - Updated - - -

I honestly don't get what all the fuss and anti classic threads are all about. I'm not a fan of classic by no means, gave up after a few days. *I did the whole thing during live..that was enough* However, if people LIKE classic and find it enjoyable...then have at it. No need for ppl to spread toxicity about their disdain for it.
    You'd think more people would have the same attitude as you, alas this is MMO-C where people don't even react to positive posts. The rage dial is always turned all the way up for some reason.
    And, yep, cybering is socializing, I think we've all been there at some point in our lives.

10+ Year Old Account
    So OP is biased and doesnt break the myths at all.

1. This has already been extensively discussed in other threads, but nonetheless I wanted to get this out of the way first. This was heavily pushed as one of the selling points of Classic. How many hours you have to spend on farming consumables, how many hours you have to spend on getting this and that...in the end it turned out that people below the level cap in greens are able to clear the raids. The only difficulty in clearing the raid is actually getting to level 60.
    NO ONE meant MC when they said the raids were hard. You know this and I Know this. You obviously love BFA and want to shit on classic. Thats fine. MC is a joke. It was a joke in 2005. It always has been. Stop being insincere with your argument. BWL is gonna be the same. It was late AQ and then Naxx that was difficult. Was it harder than todays raids? No. It wasnt. Maybe if you didnt farm any consumables and went in dry I guess, but nah it isnt.

2. This is something that was advertised not only with Classic in mind, but in general in any discussion about the talent system in the current game. These initial weeks of people having access to Classic has shown that not only are those old talents not interesting (the vast majority of them just being +1% dmg on ability), but they also allow no options to pick at all, because resetting them costs a fortune. Depending on the class, about 2-4 talents in the whole tree actually make a difference in your gameplay. The rest is filler that doesn't give any tangible power up.
    Really? Many classes have defining talents that change how they play entirely. And you can spec so many different ways. Warlock has about 5 specs that are viable for PvP/PVE for example. One is easier for alliance due to paladins salvation which is another neat thing about classic - having unique classes to each faction. Also each class was unique and had strengths and weaknesses. This was way before the bullshit bring the player not the class mantra.

3. Probably one of the most pushed ideas by all the veteran/elite players/streamers. What ended up happening was of course all those people who were pushing this idea went and grinded dungeons in raids with premade groups. Various excuses were employed, but in general the truth was laid bare for everyone to see. Turns out it’s not about the adventure in the zones, as that’s just boring grindfest of poorly balanced quests. It’s getting to the cap as fast as possible that is important, and people just playing normally are treated as some weirdos wasting their time. And for good reason - questing seems to be one of the worst possible ways to level up in Classic. Instance grinding, layer hopping, or just simple mob grinding in one spot are all faster.
    Oh wow really now? So because some streamers raced to end game, that means its not enjoyable at all. News to me! I'm only 53 and having a blast. Guess I'm just doing it wrong if some popular streamer is doing it another way!

4. Classic incentivizes player interaction, so everyone will suddenly become sociable and make friends
    This just isn't the case. We can blame the current times and how people are in general these days, but I'm willing to bet it's been like that years ago too. People don't socialize. Sure, they do group up for quests, because those quests necessitate that. They sometimes say "hi", "bye" or "warrior taunt the mob" but usually nothing beyond that. There is absolutely nothing different about grouping in Classic in comparison to grouping through lfg-type systems in retail wow. People enter a party, they do the task, they leave, and never speak to each other again.

5. False. Everyone and their mother spends their whole day on twitch now, and they already know the “leveling meta” for dungeons. Different class, or a spec without specific aoe abilities the party leader wants? No invite. And sure, I'm not saying you won't ever find a group for dungeon, and you can always make your own group, but about 80-90% of the groups advertised past level 40 are for specific classes and specific comps only. Yes, you will be able to do a dungeon run for quests while leveling, but it will take a long while looking through the "meta only" group advertisements to find one that just wants you as a player, not as an aoe mage. Other than that, thanks to loot options in Classic, most of the groups usually have a list of "reserved items" that you have to agree to pass on when you join the party. So which is worse, requiring a higher RIO, or asking that you pass on 10 items that you actually need?
    And it isn't. The nerf to demo shout killed most of those "meta" groups. You're grasping at straws here

6 Class quests are the epitome of the antiquated game design. Not only are they fully skippable, which makes them horrible for people who are not playing the game on rails following a complete leveling guide for their class, but they often also require a group, and the ability to kill an enemy that is like 10 levels above your current level. For many of those quests you literally have to ask for boost, or you'll not complete them. Them being fully skippable also means that you may end up at a level cap while lacking skills essential to your class. Not only are those quests fully skippable, they also give no mention of the actual final reward in the game itself, so again, you have to follow 3rd party guides to even know what's coming.
    What are you talking about? They're skippable? Yeah who wants their mount or stances as a warrior? Just skip that shit brah!

7. It is obviously not. In no way, shape, or form. Leveling is broken, imbalanced and just badly designed. Quests are few and far between, and you have to juggle 3-4 zones at once to even keep doing them. Otherwise you just have to grind mobs. As for the mobs themselves, you often die while fighting 1 mob that is on your level on lower. It's not even about everything taking long, it's about you wasting a lot of time if you don't know the proper route or not paying like 10$ for the proper questing addon that will take you through stuff you need to do. Leveling in Classic while not having any prior knowledge or memorized routes is just a pain. But okay - let's say you are a casual and you reach the level cap in a month or two. What can you do? You can level your professions, maybe farm some gold for an epic mount...content ends. You can always level an alt I guess, but why put yourself through that hell again? There is absolutely nothing to do in Classic if you don't plan to raid in it, which is why I personlally quit on level 42. The grind has become really tredious, and I would put myself through it if there was something waiting at the end - and there's not. I'm not afraid of long grinds, I've reached max overal level in the original Runescape 2 (the one osrs is based on) years back. And I'm grinding some stuff on retail wow for years now, on 30 characters. There needs to be an incentive though, and there is none in Classic.
    That's debatable depending on what you want to do. You're not forced to play every day on classic like you are on BFA. Especially at end game with only MC being out. This is the one thing you mentioned that has merit. The literal only thing. You are so bitter and it's strange. I mean if you like BFA keep playing it man. You seem so desperate here to try to downplay classic. It's okay dude. We can have both versions of WoW. I mean jeez you were arguing from a position of insincerity its beyond belief.

Edit: I also must say you really put a shit load of stock in twitch and what streamers do. You realize the people into that shit are the minority right?

1. They were back in the day. We know everything about the game now.
    2. Strictly false
    3. Very much true. Sure some people rushed to 60 but that doesn't invalidate other peoples experiences.
    4. Absolutely True
    5. Strictly false
    6. This literally makes zero sense. Just because you have a class quest doesnt mean it is complete-able at that level. Who the fuck cares if it takes a group to complete? If you read the quests you will know which one is giving armor/weapons and which one is giving abilities.
    7. 30 characters lmao What are you grinding? The auction house. Classic WoW is fine for casuals. Its a ton of fun. PVP comes out in phase 2. Quests only run out around 55ish

Fantastic post that pretty much sums up Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Eveningforest View Post
    You'd think more people would have the same attitude as you, alas this is MMO-C where people don't even react to positive posts. The rage dial is always turned all the way up for some reason.
    And, yep, cybering is socializing, I think we've all been there at some point in our lives.
    IKR..*need less rage* Negativity sells/gets the most views/posts. Reminds me of CNN. One player has a bad experience about a game or something they don't like about it...and spread toxicity like wildfire.

It was/is indeed hard to quest/lvl while trying to cyber. :P
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Then don't play it? Did we really need YET another dumb thread about it? Feel free to play what you think is fun, and other people will play what they think is fun. Why does everyone feel like they need their opinions validated on what other people enjoy playing?
    Grow up, no one cares.

You sadly seem to be among those who misunderstood the position this thread was written from, and what it's actually about. I am sceptical about everything in life, and I rarely believe anything without seeing it with my own eyes. No, I did not personally believe any of these myths myself, but I kept an open mind and decided to check for myself. I do know that many believed in all that, and that's why I decided to make this thread. Judging by the outrage, especially from the fanboys, it seems I was spot on.
    Fair enough if you don't believe the "myths" themselves, it wasn't very obvious that you didn't. Should I also assume that you do not believe in the reaction to said myths you wrote? Because my replies were aimed mainly at those and the way other people playing the game seems to affect you deeply.

And truth be told, Classic's initial surge on launch is thanks to it being available automatically to everyone already paying the sub. Sure, some people are avid fans of Classic, but most are just "nostalgia tourists".
    I wouldn't call them tourists as it appears people are sticking around despite many claims of the opposite happening. A lot of people are struggling to admit the popularity of classic, and are trying to find any way to downplay the numbers.

10+ Year Old Account

At least I can express myself without copy-pasting funny quotes from the internet. Oh and also, none of my posts have been incoherent and all have been factual and rational. But I doubt you even know what those words mean
    More excuses to shit on classic.

You know both can co-exist? Right? So go back to BFA and stop cluttering this message board.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Classic will soon be 3 weeks old and for many of us it's been a colossal experience in various different ways. On launch day, all my guildies and almost all my B-Net friends were desparately trying to get in, to have this old school experience. Many hours and days of gameplay have been devoted to Classic since then, and during that time we all verified the things we've been told over the months and years leading to the Classic launch ourselves. The hype train is slowing down and by now most people have quit the game already and I'm about to follow. So what about that hype we were being fed, mostly by influencers, streamers and youtubers turned out to be untrue?

1. Classic raids are very hard.

This has already been extensively discussed in other threads, but nonetheless I wanted to get this out of the way first. This was heavily pushed as one of the selling points of Classic. How many hours you have to spend on farming consumables, how many hours you have to spend on getting this and that...in the end it turned out that people below the level cap in greens are able to clear the raids. The only difficulty in clearing the raid is actually getting to level 60.

2. Old talent trees are better than the current ones

This is something that was advertised not only with Classic in mind, but in general in any discussion about the talent system in the current game. These initial weeks of people having access to Classic has shown that not only are those old talents not interesting (the vast majority of them just being +1% dmg on ability), but they also allow no options to pick at all, because resetting them costs a fortune. Depending on the class, about 2-4 talents in the whole tree actually make a difference in your gameplay. The rest is filler that doesn't give any tangible power up.

3. It’s about the journey, not the race to 60

Probably one of the most pushed ideas by all the veteran/elite players/streamers. What ended up happening was of course all those people who were pushing this idea went and grinded dungeons in raids with premade groups. Various excuses were employed, but in general the truth was laid bare for everyone to see. Turns out it’s not about the adventure in the zones, as that’s just boring grindfest of poorly balanced quests. It’s getting to the cap as fast as possible that is important, and people just playing normally are treated as some weirdos wasting their time. And for good reason - questing seems to be one of the worst possible ways to level up in Classic. Instance grinding, layer hopping, or just simple mob grinding in one spot are all faster.

5. Getting into a dungeon group won't be a problem because there's no ilvl, r.io, achievements and armory.

False. Everyone and their mother spends their whole day on twitch now, and they already know the “leveling meta” for dungeons. Different class, or a spec without specific aoe abilities the party leader wants? No invite. And sure, I'm not saying you won't ever find a group for dungeon, and you can always make your own group, but about 80-90% of the groups advertised past level 40 are for specific classes and specific comps only. Yes, you will be able to do a dungeon run for quests while leveling, but it will take a long while looking through the "meta only" group advertisements to find one that just wants you as a player, not as an aoe mage. Other than that, thanks to loot options in Classic, most of the groups usually have a list of "reserved items" that you have to agree to pass on when you join the party. So which is worse, requiring a higher RIO, or asking that you pass on 10 items that you actually need?

6. Class quests, the holy grail of class fantasy

Class quests are the epitome of the antiquated game design. Not only are they fully skippable, which makes them horrible for people who are not playing the game on rails following a complete leveling guide for their class, but they often also require a group, and the ability to kill an enemy that is like 10 levels above your current level. For many of those quests you literally have to ask for boost, or you'll not complete them. Them being fully skippable also means that you may end up at a level cap while lacking skills essential to your class. Not only are those quests fully skippable, they also give no mention of the actual final reward in the game itself, so again, you have to follow 3rd party guides to even know what's coming.

7. Classic is a great game for casuals, much better than modern WoW

It is obviously not. In no way, shape, or form. Leveling is broken, imbalanced and just badly designed. Quests are few and far between, and you have to juggle 3-4 zones at once to even keep doing them. Otherwise you just have to grind mobs. As for the mobs themselves, you often die while fighting 1 mob that is on your level on lower. It's not even about everything taking long, it's about you wasting a lot of time if you don't know the proper route or not paying like 10$ for the proper questing addon that will take you through stuff you need to do. Leveling in Classic while not having any prior knowledge or memorized routes is just a pain. But okay - let's say you are a casual and you reach the level cap in a month or two. What can you do? You can level your professions, maybe farm some gold for an epic mount...content ends. You can always level an alt I guess, but why put yourself through that hell again? There is absolutely nothing to do in Classic if you don't plan to raid in it, which is why I personlally quit on level 42. The grind has become really tredious, and I would put myself through it if there was something waiting at the end - and there's not. I'm not afraid of long grinds, I've reached max overal level in the original Runescape 2 (the one osrs is based on) years back. And I'm grinding some stuff on retail wow for years now, on 30 characters. There needs to be an incentive though, and there is none in Classic.

So these are the main ones I know about. If you have any other myths that were completely debunked by Classic's release feel free to post.
    I disagree with all except 1 which honestly we're many patches ahead of MC so it should be expected that it would be far easier than it was back in vanilla. But thanks for sharing your opinion. Personally loving classic, loving leveling, loving having people be more social and grouping, class quests are fun, zero issue getting into groups and I absolutely love getting to spend a talent point every level.

It's almost like Blizzard was spot on when they said....

"You think you do, but you don't."

Quote Originally Posted by Didly View Post
    It's almost like Blizzard was spot on when they said....

"You think you do, but you don't."
    Speak for yourself. I am enjoying the hell out of classic. I literally enjoy walking from Desolace to Feralas more then anything then I have done in Retail wow in the last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Potatowizard View Post
    Speak for yourself. I am enjoying the hell out of classic. I literally enjoy walking from Desolace to Feralas more then anything then I have done in Retail wow in the last year.
    Have you tried doing other than standing still?

4 and 5 are just so wrong. I talked to people after we did quests and continued questing the other day. And I am a paladin tank (not meta) and have no problems making a group and find heal/DPS. Just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Estravolt View Post
    Have you tried doing other than standing still?
    Mythic raiding, timed mythic + dungeons, high rated BG's & Arena. Did I miss a part of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Potatowizard View Post
    Mythic raiding, timed mythic + dungeons, high rated BG's & Arena. Did I miss a part of the game?
    Considering you think having autorun on is more fun than those, have you tried getting good at some of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    That's debatable depending on what you want to do. You're not forced to play every day on classic like you are on BFA. Especially at end game with only MC being out. This is the one thing you mentioned that has merit. The literal only thing. You are so bitter and it's strange. I mean if you like BFA keep playing it man. You seem so desperate here to try to downplay classic. It's okay dude. We can have both versions of WoW. I mean jeez you were arguing from a position of insincerity its beyond belief.

Edit: I also must say you really put a shit load of stock in twitch and what streamers do. You realize the people into that shit are the minority right?
    And you for some reason mention BfA as well, as it was some freaking demon. Guy is biased, so are you. And no, you are not forced to log in to BfA every day. Don't even try to argue.