Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Wrong. I am a casual player and only do LFR raids and no Mythic anything. I also never do pet battles or PvP. I like retail, including BfA and guess what? Last night I uninstalled Classic after suffering through getting a Tauren Druid to level 30. I would not call that fun but rather frustrating. I made a new Tauren in retail just to see how different it is and OMG, the retail experience is FAR better.

- - - Updated - - -

Bull. I was dying like every 10 minutes in Classic just on quests and never did PvP or any of the dungeons. I had company in the ghost world on many occasions. Seeing other people doing corpse runs was a common thing.
    Call bull all you want. You only die in Classic is you don't play smart. Exactly how it is in Modern too. If you pull more than you can handle in both versions of the game, you die.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Call bull all you want. You only die in Classic is you don't play smart. Exactly how it is in Modern too. If you pull more than you can handle in both versions of the game, you die.
    Yes, and the extra pulls happen much more often in Classic and some seem unavoidable.

In Retail, your character is a Hero and a Champion, which is what he's supposed to be. In Classic, he's a wimp.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Yes, and the extra pulls happen much more often in Classic and some seem unavoidable.
    they happen about as often as Modern. It's a 15 year old game that I've been playing the whole time. I've learned how to pull and how not to pull. Especially on a mage. If you pull more than you can handle? RUN. But a lot of people are like "I can handle this shit." and get ripped apart.

they happen about as often as Modern. It's a 15 year old game that I've been playing the whole time. I've learned how to pull and how not to pull. Especially on a mage. If you pull more than you can handle? RUN. But a lot of people are like "I can handle this shit." and get ripped apart.
    I've been playing nearly the whole time as well and I had forgotten how frustrating Vanilla was at times. But, back then, we had no option.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

I've been playing nearly the whole time as well and I had forgotten how frustrating Vanilla was at times. But, back then, we had no option.
    I died A LOT in Vanilla. But I've learned and now know how to play the game so I know what I can and can't hand;e with certain classes. It's avoided a lot of deaths.

Leveling in Classic is tedious, but it is refreshing at the same time. That feeling of getting rewarded by unlocking new weapons and going for that next big cooldown is exciting. I just don't get this feeling when leveling or in the end game of BFA.

As far as difficulty, I'm a big fan of ungated grinds that significantly increase power level. Even though I'm slower than most, I enjoy having an end goal and not being required to wait a week, ect. That exists somewhat in both classic and retail.

I'd argue that difficulty is subjective. However, I will also say that pretty much everything on the internet is considered "easy." Some things are a lot harder than other things. Just because something is time consuming but not difficult in the moment doesn't make it easy. It may be easy for one to count to 100, but is it easy to count to 1 million? I would argue that at some point, that no longer becomes easy to do. However, it is just counting.

Do I find leveling in Classic boring. At some points yes. However, I find leveling in BFA to be much more and always boring. A more fair comparison would be the end game build up to raiding in BFA and the last 10 levels vs leveling up and running dungeons in Classic. I find them both rewarding, and in Legion I think "retail" would have been a clear winner, but due to some early missteps in the reward structure of BFA, I think that as a whole Classic, for me, edges out BFA in that department. It is also the new game on the scene, and so I'm not playing BFA, but when the next retail xpak comes out, I figure they will fix some things, like adding back gear sets, and I'm sure I will be back either way.

I've killed rares in Classic alone on my mage. It's not that hard. Also, I'm level 47 and have only died as a result of getting ganked in pvp. Literally nothing else has come close to killing me. So either you're lying or you and the people you're talking about are god awful at playing the game.
    https://imgur.com/a/4ZoaLju

I have never seen this in BFA during leveling. NEVER.

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    the servers are emptying out

?

also lol @ "dead in 6 months", nice job moving the goalposts.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post

I have. But since you've never seen it, it never happens, right? There's also no evidence that these were deaths as a result of environment rather than an Alliance party ganking people. Which is something I've seen cause a graveyard run like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

?

also lol @ "dead in 6 months", nice job moving the goalposts.
    Good job showing server lists from around when Classic launched. I just logged on and over half the servers are "Medium" population with the rest being High. Not a single server is listed as full.

I have. But since you've never seen it, it never happens, right? There's also no evidence that these were deaths as a result of environment rather than an Alliance party ganking people. Which is something I've seen cause a graveyard run like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Good job showing server lists from around when Classic launched. I just logged on and over half the servers are "Medium" population with the rest being High. Not a single server is listed as full.
    Lol grow up, people die non stop in Classic, sometimes from just simply pulling 2 mobs if their class cannot cope with it.
    You don't die in BFA - ever. You pull unlimited mobs and kill everything instantly, some better than others (aff lock, boomkin etc) pulling tons and tons of mobs.

Let's not kid ourselves here.

Try to do it without heirlooms.

- - - Updated - - -

Screenshot is from today.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Try to do it without heirlooms.
    There were no heirlooms during bfa launch.

Screenshot is from today.
    And there is absolutely no evidence of that. You can claim that all you want but you've lied in other threads and can easily lie right now. Hell, for all I know, you found that screenshot on google.

And there is absolutely no evidence of that. You can claim that all you want but you've lied in other threads and can easily lie right now. Hell, for all I know, you found that screenshot on google.
    I can give you screenshot from EU with todays date if you want?

Here https://imgur.com/a/WUM6YhN

This is 1 month after calssic release. We are in second month of subs.
    Last edited by Elias01; 2019-09-27 at 09:53 PM.

I can give you screenshot from EU with todays date if you want?

Here https://imgur.com/a/WUM6YhN

This is 1 month after calssic release. We are in second month of subs.
    ....That proves literally NOTHING. The other picture was a screenshot and these two pictures were phone pictures. Which, honestly, further shows you're not being honest.

....That proves literally NOTHING. The other picture was a screenshot and these two pictures were phone pictures. Which, honestly, further shows you're not being honest.
    and? Those are pictures what i took right now from my phone. Bottim right corner 27.9.2019.

and? Those are pictures what i took right now from my phone. Bottim right corner 27.9.2019.
    Sure but the other one you posted was a screenshot with absolutely no proof that YOU took it.

Sure but the other one you posted was a screenshot with absolutely no proof that YOU took it.
    I didnt post that?

You never see that because a dungeon wipe doesn't send everyone back to the only graveyard in the zone anymore.

You also never see that in BFA because you have to be 110 to get to BFA. Now it seems like a 110 in BFA is the same as a 60 in TBC or a 1 in Vanilla comparing the character relative to the expansion (day 1, for example), but the fact of the matter is a 110 in BFA has effectively leveled through seven expansions to get to that point. That said, a boosted 110 in fresh gear certainly will wipe to an elite in BFA if not being careful.

I didnt post that?
    You should ignore him dude, he's one of the dumbest people I've met, check his post history, he feels entitled to trash talk classic in every single thread while contradicting himself XD