Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Your release month predicition?

Hey ,

Since there is not official release dat yet, in what month do you think it will release?

I hope still september since im a few week off but i feel likt it will be november-december.

Mostly because SL is still in alpha.

Wonder what you think and why?

They already confirmed a Q4 release, so September is out of the question.

November probably

10+ Year Old Account
    November or early December

December if it doesn't get pushed back because of Corona.

they will probably release mid december and open raid early january after holidays, also depends on how effiencent they can be working from home

I do expect some kind of delay, so I'd be surprised to see it before December, or after April.
    December would be a good month to have the pre-expac event, in terms of winter and Icecrown and everything.

I have said 24th of November before, sticking with it again. But seeing blizzcon might not be on this year then maybe earlier in November.

So, November!

N o v e m b e r
    25th

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    November, just after Blizzcon.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard announced both Legion and BFA with about four months warning before launch so if they are aiming for a Q4 release date, the announcement should be expected in either June or July.

Three expansions have previously launched in Quarter 4 (the confirmed window).

Wrath of the Lich King launched on the 13th November 2008

Cataclysm launched 7th December 2010

Warlords of Draenor launched on the 13th November 2014

Warlords shows Blizzcon won't have an impact on the release beyond probably not launching in the same week.

I doubt Blizzard is eager for a December launch given the innate chaos of that month. But they will also want to avoid launching too close to thanksgiving so as to have firefighters on hand for the inevitable launch problems (as occurred with WOD).

My personal bet is that the expansion will launch on either November 10th or 17th as this will give Blizzard the maximum amount of time to polish the expansion as well as sufficient breathing room to accommodate Blizzcon and any post-launch troubles.

I'm guessing mid November to early December, like anywhere from November 17th to December 8th, seems like the most likely date given what we know.

I don't think there's any chance it comes out before that, and if it's after that it would have to be way after. Almost no chance they release it anywhere near Christmas cause that would just be a mess for sure for everyone involved.

Of course there's some chance they delay until 2021, but I'd be rather surprised if that happens, they seem hellbent on getting it out this year.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    ok so the alpha has been going for about 6 weeks and so far we have seen 2 zones, the new exile's reach levelling, Torghast and Oribos. still need to see a few more classes on the alpha for Torghast and the Maldraxus and Ardenweald zones. so I think that Alpha will run until end of June. then we get the beta; BfA's beta ran for 3 and a half months which was a bit rushed however this time Blizzard have put Torghast at the front of the queue to be tested rather than leave it til the end (looking at you Azerite armor).

so if we go say a 4 month beta, which is fair, that goes from July to October. based off that I predict that prepatch will hit either 3rd or 10th November with the expansion releasing on the 1st or 8th December. then first raid kicks off on the 12th January. that gives a solid beta testing cycle, enough time for bugs to be smoothed out before the raid is released and fits within the 2020 timeframe

Late November/Early December. I wouldn't be surprised if blizzcon was cancelled and they did a Nintendo direct sort of thing and it was launched after that.
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2020-05-22 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    December if it doesn't get pushed back because of Corona.
    doubtful. Activisions needs their money.

24th November
    Error 404 - Signature not found

November 10th
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

probably November.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

November done or not they want christmas sales.