Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    well at least one evidence to the contrary would be Rapelay discussed earlier in the thread
    Wait what? I thought you said you looked up Rapelay. It was removed from sale and banned from sale in some countries for it's content and eventually Illusion just stopped selling it (even then they didn't actually sell it outside of Japan) but you won't get arrested for owning a copy, you might get criticism but not arrested. You could still get the game as long as it wasn't purchased and you wouldn't be arrested for having it, although the digital content acquisition methods might get you in hot waters.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Wait what? I thought you said you looked up Rapelay. It was removed from sale and banned from sale in some countries for it's content and eventually Illusion just stopped selling it (even then they didn't actually sell it outside of Japan) but you won't get arrested for owning a copy, you might get criticism but not arrested. You could still get the game as long as it wasn't purchased and you wouldn't be arrested for having it, although the digital content acquisition methods might get you in hot waters.
    I am a very well informed and connected internet savant in many niche cultures. I want to ask why you think you wouldn't get in serious trouble for owning such a thing as Rapelay in any capacity. It wasn't difficult to find hanging around at all even compared to some lost retail games, but you obviously aren't going to be taking such products in if you know what landmines are in internet terms.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2019-09-15 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    The guy wasn't even serious though. Or do you really think those countries have their version of FBI monitor every facebook account that likes accounts with anime pictures?
    Nah, I meant the part that I bolded - the camps.
    Best Zindai EU
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    I am not one person.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a very well informed and connected internet savant in many niche cultures. I want to ask why you think you wouldn't get in serious trouble for owning such a thing as Rapelay in any capacity. It wasn't difficult to find hanging around at all even compared to some lost retail games, but you obviously aren't going to be taking such products in if you know what landmines are in internet terms.
    You seem to be suggesting that there is some kind of prohibition of owning this software... Can you provide the legal text for this? or, is this more of you wishing something to be true but its not really true?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    You seem to be suggesting that there is some kind of prohibition of owning this software... Can you provide the legal text for this? or, is this more of you wishing something to be true but its not really true?
    Yes, it's called transparency. There's nothing but your mind telling you something is clearly *wrong* to consider taking in from a download or source (fuck pirates). So don't be surprised when you get arrested if you cross that horizon against your better judgment.

I'm a very savvy person and conscious of everything going on for my own safety.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it's called transparency. There's nothing but your mind telling you something is clearly *wrong* to consider taking in from a download or source (fuck pirates). So don't be surprised when you get arrested if you cross that horizon against your better judgment.

Yeah, you sound paranoid, not savvy. Also if the game is not longer up for sale, you can download it np, nobody will pursue you legally.

10+ Year Old Account

So you have no legal text, just your wishes... duly noted.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean you're the one asking if Senran Kagura will land you in the slammer but okay... Why? Because the game was banned from sale in some countries, not ownership. It's more legal to own a copy of RL than Cannabis in most countries in the world. It was banned from sale because the content was thought to be disgusting (even though movies like Saw were aokay and even their villains don't get their comeuppance. If you didn't know the Villain of RL (player) gets killed for what they do). Well yeah no duh, most people will criticise you if they know what it is and if you own a copy but the Police aren't going to be knocking on your door for it. Although if you're talking about cancel culture, yes the same asshats would likely try to end your career over it regardless how many of them have jacked off to Corruption of Champions.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.

Why would it be for sale on the platform if that was the case for any example of any game ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Yeah, you sound paranoid, not savvy. Also if the game is not longer up for sale, you can download it np, nobody will pursue you legally.
    Nah. On a non-explicit or illegal-like note to counter you, Nintendo is raining hellfire on people pirating their old products. What do you make of that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah. On a non-explicit or illegal-like note to counter you, Nintendo is raining hellfire on people pirating their old products. What do you make of that?
    It was kinda dickish considering they only took that stance after they began supporting a new paid access to play some of those old games again via their console emulation but they do own the copyright so it's completely their right. The only thing I don't agree with was nuking it for all the games that they aren't supporting or planning to.

It sort of mirrors how they used to go after Youtube videos showing footage of people playing their games and claiming them just for the few ad dollars they made. Although in this case the ISOs weren't making people money and Nintendo wanted to.
    Last edited by Darknessvamp; 2019-09-15 at 09:33 PM.

yes

keep your head down

I am a very well informed and connected internet savant in many niche cultures.
    I am confident you think you are, but you continue to display a seemingly willful ignorance of many things you speak about.
    I want to ask why you think you wouldn't get in serious trouble for owning such a thing as Rapelay in any capacity.
    I would like to point out that you posted a video of a lets play of a man playing this game and nothing seems to have happened to him. He finished 6 parts of that lets play and continued on to other content just fine. In fact, the RapeLay lets plays appear to be what launched his channel.

So what "serious trouble" did he get in?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why have authoritarian assholes always gotta get in the way of Anime Tiddies. If it isn't some stupid ass Conservative Woman crying about Morality, it's so dumbfuck landwhale Femtard crying about muh soggy knees.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I am confident you think you are, but you continue to display a seemingly willful ignorance of many things you speak about.

I would like to point out that you posted a video of a lets play of a man playing this game and nothing seems to have happened to him. He finished 6 parts of that lets play and continued on to other content just fine. In fact, the RapeLay lets plays appear to be what launched his channel.

So what "serious trouble" did he get in?
    he said in the opener of his video he got banned and put onto a watchlist beforehand and he hoped his last attempt at an LP would work out

That's another problem in itself. The problem here is Sony has decided to put their foot down and I'm merely wondering if it's realistically alright to keep some games like DOA and Dragon's Crown if you already bought them before. That is all.

- - - Updated - - -

https://psnprofiles.com/SmashBros101
    https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/...games/?tab=all
    don't own any
    Just to be safe get rid of them and destroy any systems you have used them on. Next move and change your name.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

he said in the opener of his video he got banned and put onto a watchlist beforehand and he hoped his last attempt at an LP would work out
    Do I need to explain to this wondrous and savvy individual what a joke is?

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Do I need to explain to this wondrous and savvy individual what a joke is?
    considering Rapelay is on Twitch's prohibited games list, I wouldn't take it as a joke. Also the guy making that LP looked very unhappy.

considering Rapelay is on Twitch's prohibited games list, I wouldn't take it as a joke. Also the guy making that LP looked very unhappy.
    Except this isn't on Twitch, this is on youtube. And his entire series is still on youtube five years later. Also the guy making the LP looks like a dumb ass.

But hey, someone said it on the internet so I guess it MUST be true, am I right?

I'm gonna play Imouto Paradise just because of this thread. Thanks OP.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing