5+ Year Old Account

Hunter Pet System Bugged

I never played Hunter in Vanilla, was a Druid, but the pet system seems really buggy. If my target is moving, my pet will run beside it, attempt to plant its feet THEN taunt or attack. This can't be how it was in Vanilla right?
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Haha, I've tested Hunter too. Even though pet pathing still isn't perfect in BFA it's apparently come a long, long, long, long, long way since Vanilla/Classic. There are times where I wonder if it's actually my pet or not. I played Hunter in Vanilla (all the way to 60 as well as some raids) and I have no memory of it being this bad. It's the same with warlock by the way, the pets are behaving strangely in this early version of the game.

At least your pets can hold aggro against damage being done unlike warlock voidwalkers who lose aggro the second you take a glance at it even with the 30% buff.
    Born too late to explore the earth
    Born too soon to explore the galaxy
    Born just in time to browse dank memes

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsoldier06 View Post
    At least your pets can hold aggro against damage being done unlike warlock voidwalkers who lose aggro the second you take a glance at it even with the 30% buff.
    While it isn't THAT bad it still is pretty bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Denso View Post
    Haha, I've tested Hunter too. Even though pet pathing still isn't perfect in BFA it's apparently come a long, long, long, long, long way since Vanilla/Classic. There are times where I wonder if it's actually my pet or not. I played Hunter in Vanilla (all the way to 60 as well as some raids) and I have no memory of it being this bad. It's the same with warlock by the way, the pets are behaving strangely in this early version of the game.
    Ok good to know it's not just me. It's honestly a hot mess. People that say Hunters are the easiest class to play have no idea what they're talking about. To simply just do the bare minimum sure, but to actually be good and keep track of everything that goes on takes time and a lot of practice.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

10+ Year Old Account
    I get that a lot as well.
    Frustrating to say the least.
    Not sure if it was experienced much back then but i logged out the other day, with my pet in a 'happy state', and upon logging in, my pet had decided it wanted to 'run away', leaving me to tame another pet and go through levelling that one up again....wtf?

Fun and games...
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    This can't be how it was in Vanilla right?
    Pet pathing is still broken in retail, so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    Pet pathing is still broken in retail, so yeah.
    What he said. And seconding the post that "at least it can sometimes hold aggro."

Pets are and will be masters of getting stuck and/or going through the most retarded paths in case of any elevation difference, and often even if there was none.

Yea pets feel awful in Classic compared even to private servers. The lag, the pet constantly dancing around the mob. Feels bad