Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    No problem, I can go to another restaurant or a theme park or any other analogy but I like this game and I want to support this one, so when they mess up on a large scale and dont take into consideration their playerbase, it bothers me.

I've had friends straight up refuse to play because of this and I would rather they supported the game I love and in turn spend time playing it and growing not only the long term health of the game but the community.

Its not out of the ordinary to expect better from companies as big as Blizzard.
    Wait, you are blaming Blizzard for YOUR choices? I thought you said you were an adult.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

B - "hey guys, there too many signing up on these servers, we recommend switching and we also give free transfers"

P - "NO!!!"

*queue happens*

P - "WTF give us compensation"

It's like these insurance fraud people who run into cars themselves.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2019-09-15 at 06:12 PM.

Not a viable idea.
    There is no argument to seriously support such claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Them stating obvious doesn't mean a shit. Take your corporate ass licker attitude elsewhere.

Yes, the time spent on queue should be given back. If you are not supporting this as a player, you are a sheep.
    You're a moron. Go stand in any line then ask for compensation for standing in that line and let us all know how that goes. And if you dont ask for compensation than you are a sheep (along with a moron).

No problem, I can go to another restaurant or a theme park or any other analogy but I like this game and I want to support this one, so when they mess up on a large scale and dont take into consideration their playerbase, it bothers me.

I've had friends straight up refuse to play because of this and I would rather they supported the game I love and in turn spend time playing it and growing not only the long term health of the game but the community.

Oh no! Not Tommos's friends!!! I'd be perfectly fine with anybody else's friends but Tommo's friends are so much more important because Tommo is the center of the known universe and everything revolves around him. Hang on my dude, I'm gonna get J Allen on the phone. This is a crime against humanity!

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Wait, you are blaming Blizzard for YOUR choices? I thought you said you were an adult.
    Completely constructive posting Seranthor. Thanks for adding to the thread.

Nothing about this thread is constructive. You're demanding a company compensate you for your own poor decision making.

The only time Blizzard ever compensated with game time was when the servers were down. I can’t recall the last time when Blizzard did that.

So dream on getting compensated for waiting in a queue when there are other servers open. It’s like going to the grocery store, standing in the longest queue even if there are more registers open and claiming a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Oh no! Not Tommos's friends!!! I'd be perfectly fine with anybody else's friends but Tommo's friends are so much more important because Tommo is the center of the known universe and everything revolves around him. Hang on my dude, I'm gonna get J Allen on the phone. This is a crime against humanity!
    Would you rather we supported the game but expected better when they make mistakes or just left and never gave them a penny whenever something was broken?

Cant imagine that would lend to the long term health of a game or a company.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Nothing about this thread is constructive. You're demanding a company compensate you for your own poor decision making.
    Yeah you read the title and nothing else clearly. It was a completely innocuous question with a bit of background, that you've twisted. A discussion starter, if you want to rebute perhaps say.

"No I dont think we should be compensated with gametime but a more transparent timeline of how they will deal with these queues would be nice."

Or something like that, I dont know who shat in your cheerios but take the anger somewhere else.
    Last edited by Tommo; 2019-09-15 at 06:17 PM.

Regardless if you Subscribed to wow for Retail or for Classic your subscription money is for retail and classic is an added bonus so odds are there will never be compensation unless something major goes wrong.
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

Only following your lead... Tragic that your life choices are now Blizzard's fault.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    I rolled on Stalagg. Realized how bad the queues were going to be and... rerolled on a new server? Pretty tricky stuff.
    trickier if you have 10-15+friends that you also have to convince to to the same especially if the entirety of your country's players plan to go on that server.

it took me like a week to convince my friends to go on mograine instead of golemagg.

Would you rather we supported the game but expected better when they make mistakes or just left and never gave them a penny whenever something was broken?

Cant imagine that would lend to the long term health of a game or a company.
    Do you REALLY want an answer to your question?

You haven't been paying attention. They communicated several times about queue times on servers. If you ignored that and then complain about queue times doesn't that make you dumb?

Quote Originally Posted by Bhanzai View Post
    You haven't been paying attention. They communicated several times about queue times on servers. If you ignored that and then complain about queue times doesn't that make you dumb?
    And by the time they added new servers the game had started. Organising large groups of people internationally for a video game just to be able to play is completely unrealistic to me.

If it was just myself I probably wouldnt have made this thread but WoWs quite a different kind of game in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Do you REALLY want an answer to your question?
    By all means, go for it.
    Last edited by Tommo; 2019-09-15 at 06:23 PM.

The city is doing road construction on one of the roads you like to use going to work. You were told two weeks in advance that there would be road construction and to expect delays. They even opened up two new roads just for you to get to work faster. BUT you chose to use the road under construction and extremely likely to be backed up.

This is not the city's fault. This is yours

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    trickier if you have 10-15+friends that you also have to convince to to the same especially if the entirety of your country's players plan to go on that server.

it took me like a week to convince my friends to go on mograine instead of golemagg.
    Fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    problem solved.
    That's not solving the problem. That's just working around it. It's still there!

And by the time they added new servers the game had started. Organising large groups of people internationally for a video game just to be able to play is completely unrealistic to me.

If it was just myself I probably wouldnt have made this thread but WoWs quite a different kind of game in that regard.
    Game has been out for 3 weeks and you're going to sit there and tell everyone that after three weeks it's too hard to get people to play together? How is it that streamers van get their 100 people through queue and play but for so.e reason you can't? Are you serious? And who cares if they added new servers the game was out? Wow you and your friends are a week behind. Game breaking!

People are ridiculous.
    Last edited by Bhanzai; 2019-09-15 at 06:33 PM.

If it was just myself I probably wouldnt have made this thread but WoWs quite a different kind of game in that regard
    There were multiple posts prior to the release of Classic that login queues would be a problem on certain servers. This is not Blizzard's fault. There's nothing to compensate because you failed to heed the warnings you were provided.