Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Next all of us will be the new Warchief, and we'll feel super special by sending important figures such as Lorthemar and Baine on war table missions for even less gold than BfA. Called it back in Legion.

We'll have a super unique artifact crown that litterally everyone else just happens to have an exact replica on top of their own heads. Super special power trip!!!

We'll all be Titans or Old Gods in the next expansion.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to stay as a Grand Commander of the Military. I like that over 15 years my character went from Adventurer to leading the main forces of the Faction. Feels like actual progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    I have never actually seen someone say they like nathanos, wow
    I just do. I think he is a delightful bastard.

Sylvanas is an insufferable cunt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i hate the entirety of the forsaken that this point.

they fucked it all up in cata, but the forsaken weren't great even pre-cata. sylvanas and her beta orbiter's self-insert are just the ugly zits on the surface of the problem.
    Yeah I don't like the Forsaken in general, but Nathanos is different. Forsaken are often a mix of silly, insane and disgusting. But Nathanos is just a bastard. Questing through BFA, I liked doing quests for him, like in the war campaign, because it seems to me like he always just wants to get the job done, but is easily annoyed by even the mildest disturbance. It's either because of that or because of the charismatic voice actor.
    Last edited by Carolus Rex; 2019-09-15 at 11:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    From Classic to TBC we are adventurers, at the end of Wotlk we are heroes, in cata we are champions, in Mop we are an elite force, in Wod we are comanders and in legion we are the leaders of our respective order halls so in order words, great polítical leaders, people who has both great military and political influence and in Bfa we are...??? Ambassadors?? Veterans?? And what are we going to be in the coming expansions?? Any thoughts??
    We can't get higher than what we were in Legion. We need to be disgraced. We need to be dumped down the ranks and demoted to the random soldier, adventurer or explorer..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Carolus Rex View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I don't like the Forsaken in general, but Nathanos is different. Forsaken are often a mix of silly, insane and disgusting. But Nathanos is just a bastard. Questing through BFA, I liked doing quests for him, like in the war campaign, because it seems to me like he always just wants to get the job done, but is easily annoyed by even the mildest disturbance. It's either that or the charismatic voice actor.
    I am glad to not be alone on the forums in appreciating Nathanos' bastardness. It's also pretty nice to have one character that doesn't kneel down to suck our dick after every quest that we do.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I am glad to not be alone on the forums in appreciating Nathanos' bastardness. It's also pretty nice to have one character that doesn't kneel down to suck our dick after every quest that we do.
    Yes. Tired of that as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    i hate the entirety of the forsaken that this point.

they fucked it all up in cata, but the forsaken weren't great even pre-cata. sylvanas and her beta orbiter's self-insert are just the ugly zits on the surface of the problem.
    all of the forsaken lore could be fixed with proper leader, a dead and rotting human of lordaeron, not a dead high elf, to reflect the race you play and they would reflect the forsaken ideology, not just Sylvanas worshipers

Quote Originally Posted by Carolus Rex View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I don't like the Forsaken in general, but Nathanos is different. Forsaken are often a mix of silly, insane and disgusting. But Nathanos is just a bastard. Questing through BFA, I liked doing quests for him, like in the war campaign, because it seems to me like he always just wants to get the job done, but is easily annoyed by even the mildest disturbance. It's either because of that or because of the charismatic voice actor.
    The problem with Nathanos is he is literally EVERYWHERE. Give other characters a chance. He stood up to Malfurion and tyrande and escaoed?? Bullshit. He pursued Jaina in BoD?? Lol.. he is supposed to just be a regular undead human that fights with a bow. And he pisses me off with his comments. I killed a titan and he thinks hes above me because he fucks the war chief.

I have an easier time accepting the player characters power level if I pretend that they are not canon. Basically some of the lesser bosses get beaten by just the adventurers, but the big ones needs help from lore characters who should be contributing the most to the fight, like the titan keepers during Yogg-Saron and Tirion during Arthas. If we really keep track of all the deeds of our characters, we should at least have our own kingdom as a gift and no longer have to deal with farming chores. Also every single NPC should either worship or fear us. Its just very jarring when you go from defeating the soul of a planet and locking Sargeras away, back to dealing with collecting bear asses and having to chase kids to the orphanage.

I just hope that we never get another big position like in Legion. I'm sure some people like it, but I didn't like how everyone kept kissing my ass while I was walking around wearing the same artifact as everyone else. Its just immersion breaking for me. It makes me feel like they purposely try to make me feel special while in fact I'm not even in the slightest just to make me feel good. Every major deed I did was also not done all by myself, it was done with a group so it doesn't even make sense that I get all the glory.

Warchief and High King. Baine is likely a npc you can recruit for both factions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

hopefully they scale the player characters back toward adventurers and just soldiers in the Horde/Alliance army.
    Blizzard is starting to get into the dragonball realm with power scaling with our characters.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    Imposiburu , I have never thought it is possible for someone to actually like nathanos.
    Nathanos is a prick, sure, and I'd REALLY like to punch his ugly face into the ground... but I would still rather keep him and his smug remarks around, instead of the insufferable "you are our world's greatest hope" Dadgar. It came out as so !@#&ing condescending, even patronising

Now, if e.g. Tentacle Boi decided, for some reason, to smash them both into tiny pieces, I would not be the one to complain about it

More on topic, the narrative power creep is completely out of control. My toon is the !@#&ing Speaker of the Horde, takes orders directly from the Warchief (or from her second in command, at worst) and is privvy to some of the most reserved political meetings. It feels frankly stupid, especially when one of the premises for BfA was to step away from the massive power creep in Legion (both gameplay- and lore-wise).
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

We'll have a super unique artifact crown that litterally everyone else just happens to have an exact replica on top of their own heads. Super special power trip!!!
    y'all always say this shit about the artifacts, but our specific character is the only one with it where it matters: the lore.

idk how you people are so damn unable to just ignore that other people have it. i've played since BC, every single quest has only ever referenced me and my actions. i went to kill that named demon/bandit/whatever. i go and get that relic for nelf #1432425. i do the big thing that whatever wanted me to do.

we have always been the only one doing the quests, why was that ignorable when the artifacts supposedly aren't?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    They really can't promote us any further as far as factions are concerned. My Alliance character takes their orders directly from the High King and is ASKED to participate in extremely important war meetings organized only amongst a selected group of leaders. There really is no room left for political advancement. My character is already the Alliance ambassador to Boralus. Same goes for the Horde "speaker".
    But...but...I want to be Queen of the Alliance! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Make me Warchief. I don’t trust anyone else in this fucking mess that is the Horde to do it.

There needs to be a lot of secretive purge squads to get rid of dissenting voices and threats. Starting with every other Horde leader.
    We have very similar political programmes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Warchief and High King. Baine is likely a npc you can recruit for both factions.
    But Alliance player has an option to send him on important mission to High King's private chambers.

- - - Updated - - -

i want to go back to being the order hall leader and tell the alliance and horde to fuck off.

i hate being involved with the alliance and horde again.
    Oh, yes. If it was up to me, I would remain leader of Tirisgarde and go help Azeroth instead.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    But...but...I want to be Queen of the Alliance! LOL
    Anduin is already the queen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Anduin is already the queen.
    That joke has been old since the start....

What are you 12? Laughing at gay jokes like they were actually funny some time.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    The problem with Nathanos is he is literally EVERYWHERE. Give other characters a chance. He stood up to Malfurion and tyrande and escaoed?? Bullshit. He pursued Jaina in BoD?? Lol.. he is supposed to just be a regular undead human that fights with a bow. And he pisses me off with his comments. I killed a titan and he thinks hes above me because he fucks the war chief.
    Yeah Blizzard often has a problem with that, where certain characters are in the spotlight for just way too long (see Khadgar fatigue)

We'll have a super unique artifact crown that litterally everyone else just happens to have an exact replica on top of their own heads
    If you get stuck on things like that how can you get past killing the same boss twice. Use your imagination, don't get stuck on half the melee having a Shadowmourne legendary and the like.