Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Mythic+ mentality ruined classic dungeons

Everywhere you look its people asking for mage aoe or cleave comp or ridiculous level requirements, like 46+ for things like ZF.

The result of years worth creating a playerbase with a "400ilvl minimum for a mythic +1 zerg derp" mentality.

And yes, i know i can make my own groups. Who cares. Its about retail mentality seeping into classic, which sucks balls.

Thoughts?

I think you're mental, there's my thoughts.

Infracted {MoanaLisa}
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-09-17 at 08:02 PM.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

I see it as the opposite.

Private server tryhard mentality seeping into classic. They gotta show they know it better than the average retail pleb.

Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    Everywhere you look its people asking for mage aoe or cleave comp or ridiculous level requirements, like 46+ for things like ZF.

The result of years worth creating a playerbase with a "400ilvl minimum for a mythic +1 zerg derp" mentality.

And yes, i know i can make my own groups. Who cares. Its about retail mentality seeping into classic, which sucks balls.

Thoughts?
    Current culture and knowledge is different from past culture and knowledge.

Leading philosophers confused as to why, opinion piece at 11.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

What the hell is "retail mentality"? People wanting to clear something the fastest way isn't a mentality exclusive to wow.

Thoughts?
    I am pretty sure that farm groups already existed back in vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    I see some of this but I think it will eventually go away, at least I hope it does.

This was always going to happen though. The players aren't the same as in 2005. Some of them come from BfA, other from earlier expansions. Relatively few come having played Vanilla, I think.

Will this be the permanent mentality? I hope not. I'd like to see a return of guilds and friend lists being the primary source of groups, but I'm not sure that will happen. One of the worst things Blizzard did was to actively encourage PUGs with the rise of LFG. PUGs want, understandably, to run things quickly but retail Pugs are mostly made up of people who you'll never see again. Classic is different. Perhaps that will lead to a different PUG scene. Or not.

People are letting me tank as a Shaman and I am able to hold aggro better than any Warrior ever could with much more passive mitigation, you do you OP.

Thoughts?
    But i was of the understanding that classic plebs haven't touched the game since TBC came out, how would they even know about mythic dungeons? That would mean they are *gasps*

Retail players!

Quote Originally Posted by noxstar View Post
    What the hell is "retail mentality"? People wanting to clear something the fastest way isn't a mentality exclusive to wow.
    People aggrandize the early days of wow where we were all scrubs who were bumbling our way through a dungeon, making it take a lot longer than need-be, which made it campy like some sort of D&D session. People were also incredibly naive if they thought that was ever going to be a part of classic.

"My xp per hour is low". Thats retail mentality.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I only plan on doing dungeons with friends so it’s not a problem that will effect me, we just cleared dead mines yesterday as our first.

Though I’ve heard from friends that some groups make you use voice chats for things as simple of gnomes which I found silly.

I see these things too. But I ignore them and do dungeons with normal people.

How fast do these groups clear ZF? I did ZF last night with one person (priest) being level 46-47
    and ever one else was sub level 45. And we cleared everything in ZF in 50-55 minutes

5+ Year Old Account
    That’s min/max player mentality both communities have those.

10+ Year Old Account
    4 words for you: path of least resistance.

If you think this way of thinking/behavior started with video games - much less 'retail' WoW - you're high on paint chips.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Back when WoW was launched everyone and their mothers were s:it at the game.
    When you are bad you don't know what to ask, sure people "knew" that warriors were (mostly) the only tank yada yada.

But the theorycrafting was nowhere at this level.
    In my opinion the main issues are something like;
    -People play meters too much, even here on MMO-C you can see people saying "I like X because it's high on the meters"
    -People listen to the really big boys way too much, those guys who pull every string to get that 0,01723% advantage
    -Sadly, as much as I love all the theorycrafting there is, I think that is too one of the issues

(Notice these are MY opinions and I am entitled have them, I'm not trying to say this is your opinion, neither Garry's from the town nearby who works at McDonald's)

It sounds like you play an elemental shaman or a shadow priest and you're trying to get into a ZF at 41 and you've been 41 for the last week and this upsets you.

46 for ZF isn't bad, for aoe farm/speed clears WHICH is what they're advertising for, you need to have higher levels so you can ......SPEED CLEAR IT. Zf speed clear farming spam can take someone to 50-51 which then takes them into Mara spam, then BRD spam.

It's not reail, it's not private servers, it's 15 years of WoW and players finally grasping that they no longer wants to do a 2hour dng because 1 player is an under level'd scrub trying to play a spec he's not good at.

Xp per hour has long not existed on retail. This is purely coming from private servers where the routes and xp/hour are very well known. Dropping the tank and just using mages is just people keeping up with the meta of which class is strongest for AOE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Don't be blaming us Retail gods on your shitty people OK

No for real though, I try to make my tanking as smooth as possible.. because I'm already pretty speedy

If you did not get it, the op wants to show off pleb menality at its finest