Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Dress however the fuck you want.

People on both sides are disgusting and disingenuous. Neither should you look down on those who don't want to wear sexy outfits, nor on those who love wearing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    How about the fact that the entire premise of the thread is based on OP’s religious beliefs?
    This isn't about religion. Not gonna work, sor-ry. That was a joke that people took too literally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You're puritan views won't get much agreement here buddy. May as well quit while the quittin in good.
    I'm not turned away by being a sore thumb.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Not to butt in, but I don't think you know what that poster actually said if you think he said only bisexuals are promiscuous, or that bisexuals are sluts.
    How else was I supposed to take it? They were using the word 'slut' to describe bisexuals. 'Slut' is not a positive word to me, so I'm not sure how they can think they were being sex positive. They also referred to bisexuals as being promiscuous as though it's supposed to be true. Nothing about liking both men and women means that they would sleep with lots of partners. Just because they can doesn't mean they will. They still tend to follow the one person at a time dating rule most people follow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    I think people should be able to do whatever they want with their own bodies and wear whatever clothes they want. Who are you to decide what clothes they can or cannot wear?

Do you also get mad when people wear swimsuits at the beach?
    Yes, the moisture just makes it worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Yeah, you do. You have some pretty extreme views in that case.
    No. I don't go around chastising every person I see dressed sexy. I don't like it, but I know better than to say anything, and you are trying to turn this into a personal issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Oh. I get it. You're the "Nice Guy".

That explains everything.
    What it explains is you like to make assumptions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    No, people are entitled to seek what they want. Sexuality can be empowering for many people and if they're in an environment they want to be in, let it be. Generally adult 'halloween parties' are just costumed club parties. People want to mingle, drink, have fun, and/or sleep together. There is no reason to ban sexy costumes from these sort of events, for the same reason you wouldn't ban cut out dresses from the club. If you don't like seeing that sort of stuff, you shouldn't hang out around it and try to police those that do.

It's only trashy if it's some sort of family/community event. Otherwise, Idc. Life's life. Clothing isn't always telling of self worth.
    People wouldn't stop being attracted to each other or have sex just because their bodies aren't showing. It's not like I'm advocating for everyone dressing up like it's the middle of winter in Canada.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    I'll wear what I feel like. Input has been filed away.
    I'm not the type to force someone to do what I want so you'll get no resistance from me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seirith View Post
    This thread make me laugh. When I was 17 my mother was running a very large charity garage sale. That year we got a TON of Halloween costumes donated and all of the people volunteering wore a costume on the days the sale was open for fun. I choose a sexy witch costume, it was slightly revealing but it was easy to move around it as I was working the sale which a very large warehouse building.

A woman came up to my mom and complained about me, saying "I looked like a whore, slut and she was incredibly offended". My mom replied " That is my daughter, she has been in a long term relationship for 2 years with the same person, works PT, is a straight A student and has put in hundreds of hours volunteering here over the past few months." The woman went silent and just walked away.
    To be fair it's pretty unreasonable for her to say that to begin with, but to be equally fair to her, those things have nothing to do with sexual habits, other than the boyfriend. No offense, just stating how it's not the strongest argument against what she said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moralgy View Post
    Your issue is you are pushing your concept of why to wear a costume onto other people. Costumes do not inherently show your interests jokes or personality, they are just a costume that people want to wear for various reasons.

Then you continue to push your idea of what "kind of people" those that a sexy outfit will attract will be.

Once you can see past your bias here and realize that the entire world isn't defined by what you believe about stuff, then you will not give as much of a shit about these kinds of things.
    It's not like I'm trying to force it, I'm seeking discussion. It's my opinion and I believe it, so I figured, why not make a thread about it? Halloween is coming up soon anyway.

Could have fooled me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    People dress however they wanna dress. I aint gonna judge them for it.

Although if the argument should be about anything is about how tacky store Halloween costumes are. Better off making your own I say
    If there was a service for professional Halloween make-up I'd probably be down for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Is there such a thing as respect for any adult who dresses up in make-believe? Not against it, glad people have fun dressing up, just saying is all. Never saw a guy dressed up as Elmo and thought to myself "I totally respect that guy"

Definitely have lost respect for people like Justin Trudeau who make poor choices dressing up.
    I would probably find a sexy Elmo disturbing. Like that pikachoo, too. Why would someone want to have sex with that? I'm surprised people would be able to look passed the costume considering a lot of people don't like MLP.
    Last edited by CritFromAfar; 2019-09-22 at 12:32 PM.
    "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen."

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    if i spent several hours a week at the gym, watched my macros and prepped my food you can bet your ass i'd proudly display my hard work at every opportunity.

The only people you'd be turning away are the lowest of closedminded betas, it's a perfect filtration system.
    Last edited by Beastiel; 2019-09-22 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    So much stupid to sift through.

So you're either religious or ugly.

Ah, there it is. It's interesting that you're cherry-picking the "sinful" stuff you agree with, while ignoring the "don't be a self-righteous cunt" parts.

Most people haven't discovered the art of governing their stupidity.

I found the words that don't belong together!

Agreed. And frankly, a woman who owns and isn't afraid to express her sexuality is much more attractive than some puritanical chatterbox.

Objectively false and mildly sexist.

You don't seem to understand how reading works.

My ex did that. Though she always pestered me for an opinion on new clothes, which she promptly ignored and then "filed away" under, "Take me back to the clothing store so I can return all this stuff that I spent 3 hours shopping for but didn't bother to try on while there so I can spend another 3 hours finding more stuff I'll return later."
    Your compliments flatter me. I guess it would tickle your fun button if I were both, huh?

Unlike you I have no problem with being self-righteous. Can't expect everyone to have morals, I guess. I'm not sure what's so hard to believe about me feeling like people should have the choice to be bisexual, but if they're act out impulsively with their choice of clothes than it isn't enjoyable, sexy, or agreeable?

You seem to be taking this pretty personally, not gonna lie. You've insulted me 6 times in your post. The sexist one wouldn't be an insult if it was actually true, but I think you just misunderstood what I said. I would have to go back and read what the comment I was responding to was about but I was referring to abuse and women that are abused, I think?

More like you lot seem to think that slut isn't a negative word and using it somehow still means you're sex positive. But it's okay, I'm sure the bisexuals won't mind the way you refer to them. Especially the ones you don't know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yeah I have no idea what they were on. I am just saying everyone can be a slut, whatever they identify as. And that's OK. I also try to make references to the concept of the Ethical Slut (as per the eponymous book) since I strongly believe in sex positivity. And it is important to make those distinctions because you can be very messy while being promiscuous not to mention that sex addiction is a thing.

Anyway, sexy outfits for Halloween are a big thing. They are a chance for people to feel sexy and embrace their bodies in that one day when they won't be judged for it (possibly cause everyone is too drunk for it). And a chance to discover things about yourself; e.g. many a drag queen discovered that part of their identity on All Hallow's Eve.
    I do not get the concern expressed about children; children will not be the party where you go as a sexy nurse (or my personal go to, Sexy Santa, which always gets me laid ) Now if you open the door to give candy to children while you forgot the Folsom Fair was last month, yeah that can be a bit off key.
    Haha, well I'll give you that.

Everyone has the right to be sexual, but being sexual doesn't mean being promiscuous. Even though it's uncommon, there are couples that lived together their entire lives and loved no one else. I think it's more respectable to have sex with someone you date than it is to have sex with pretty much anyone with no actual long term connections. If someone ends up with more than one partner because they dated more than one person I find that more reasonable than dating 200+ people most of which they can't even remember the names of. Bisexuals don't necessarily have lots of partners just because they like both men and women, they can just be attracted to both, it doesn't mean they're suddenly really impulsive and have a ton of partners just because they can swing either way.

Like I said, not everyone is reasonable enough to consider that maybe you shouldn't wear such clothes around kids. Some people might understand, but not everyone will refrain from doing so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by For_The_Horde View Post
    First off, the temple of satan isn't really that bad, you're thinking of the church of satan, they are very different. Secondly don't judge people for wanting to enjoy themselves on halloween, its the only time of year they get to dress in a costume and not be judged for it. If you want to dress like a sexy nurse, or a sexy minion, or a sexy tax accountant, or even a sexy John Oliver, then go for it, or don't. You don't have to dress in a sexy costume, just wear pants instead of ass-less chaps and go as a regular cowboy instead, nobody will care either way. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to find the right sexy clown costume to buy...
    I'm of the opinion that you can be sexy/attractive without actually being revealing, but people don't seem to agree with me. It's cleavage or nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Dressing up in a sexy pikachu costume does not make one a furry.
    If that doesn't count as a furry that what actually is a furry?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    I believe the term for this is called dry humping. :P

- - - Updated - - -

I dated a Japanese girl in Tokyo when i lived there. She was a huge pikachu fan, she would literally say *pika pika* when she got excited. :P
    That's when you get the spray bottle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    o..I'd agree that there are definitely some people that lack any self-respect.
    Just for different reasons....omg.
    Like what?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Incel much?

You still haven't wrapped your mind around the concept that being sexual and being respected aren't mutually exclusive?
    This is the go-to insult these days, huh? On what basis?

I guess I just figured that if someone acts or dresses kind of trashy that it just carries over to how they seem to others, but apparently not judging from this thread. I'm starting to wonder why exhibitionism and nudists are looked down on if this is how people feel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Respect is something personal, so while one person would feel like they are disrespecting themselves by dressing a certain way. another person might feel neutral or empowered.

Thats the thing about respect and self-respect, the meaning is different for everyone.
    Oh I just assumed that how you dress didn't exist in a vacuum, I don't know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    and here i thought i was the only one offended by women dressing up as anthropamorphic goat like hussys and going to this "blizzcon". nothing more than promoting hussbucketry and floozyism. degenerates and harlots i say.

- - - Updated - - -

let me guess it was nintendo.
    Furries and costumes don't feel different to me, but if it's not overly sexual, than whatever floats their goat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Better to let people assume you are an idiot, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
    Have you said this before? Become I'm having deja vu.

Also I think it's kind of late for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    This is the most painful sentence I have read in days.
    If it helps the focus was on the sexy part.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    You lost me somewhere between "sexy halloween costumes don't encourage respecting your personality" and "I think sexy outfits should be illegal."
    What's there to be confused about? I don't think people should reveal themselves and then complain about why they get called names.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by InTheEnd View Post
    Those who wear fig-leaves should not dance with hungry goats.
    Proverbs 9:11

What kind of crazy dances with goats anyway

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Viconia View Post
    You don't know why people choose to wear sexy outfits, so declaring your viewpoint as if it is the universal truth just paints you in a lesser light.
    How so? I'm not the one flashing my body to strangers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neenaw View Post
    How old are you?

You have so so so so so so so much to learn about the world.

Wow.
    Old enough to know there is no one way to live.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hilhen7 View Post
    LOL are you a Devout Mormon or something?
    No. /10char

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    yrel is nothing more than a immoral decendant debauched hussgoat.
    alleria is way better. she has class.
    Her arms would be easily grazed by arrows.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    As a parent of two, I can say I wholeheartedly don't see where you're coming from with the point of kids OP.

No, I really don't care if my girls see someone in something less revealing than shorts and a sports bra.
    We're teaching our kids to respect, and understand the human bodies, and with that respect comes the understanding that those people are proud of their bodies and happy to show them, and should one day my girls wish to dress how they wish, I only hope I have helped create a world where my daughters can dress how they want.
    They don't stay proud when others call them names for being so revealing. Sometimes also the same people that find the way they dress attractive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    Well first of all I just have to say making sexy Halloween costumes illegal is bit ridiculous. If that's what people want to wear then let them.

However I also think people who dress up in skimpy costumes have pretty shallow personalities. Instead of being creative, original, or funny they go for slutty. I actually find it pretty annoying too when it's based off a certain character like say from Star Wars or the Power Rangers or someone from a video game. To me it's like they're saying "look I'm a nerd too! But look at my tits". They annoy me the same way these "gamer gurl" streamers on Twitch do or the models that dance at conventions like E3.

Nothing but bitches and hoes.
    It's not if you don't want to see it. I see it the same as being nude in public.

Yeah, it completely debases the appeal of the characters. Like Pikachu. It's practically like sexualizing a dog or a bird or a cow. Just damn weird.

As a gamer I agree with this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Dress however the fuck you want.

People on both sides are disgusting and disingenuous. Neither should you look down on those who don't want to wear sexy outfits, nor on those who love wearing them.
    I look down on everyone for everything because there's nothing better to do and it's impossible to go through life without having some form of thought. I also do it while I'm doing other things, I can't seem to stop, sometimes it's like an addiction.

Oh, wait, no it's not. It's normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post
    if i spent several hours a week at the gym, watched my macros and prepped my food you can bet your ass i'd proudly display my hard work at every opportunity.

The only people you'd be turning away are the lowest of closedminded betas, it's a perfect filtration system.
    Not to be a jerk, but I'm not sure you understand the irony of pretty much refusing to understand my PoV while trying to go on about closed mindedness. Do you live in some strange land where "open minded" means "one sided" ?

- - - Updated - - -

You lonely guy? Cuz you seem kinda lonely

Yeah you are sooooo damn lonely
    Sometimes my cage does get a little cold. Hug me.

Bro I got you /hug
    Ok, 5$ please.

Quote Originally Posted by Compassionate View Post
    Bucket loads of nonsense.
    Exhibitionism and nudism are two completely unrelated things. One is sexual the other isn't.

Exhibitionism being sexual can bad because you can be dragging people who don't want to participate in your sexual acts into it.

Nudism isn't sexual, and if you sexualize it, that is on YOUR pervy little mind, you are being the perv, not the person who is nude.

Not understanding this, also not being able to understand that sexuality can be fun when consensual (I'm pretty sure you don't get invited to adult only Halloween parties considering your attitude) kinda indicates that you have unresolved and personal issues with sexuality and your solution to it is to want to force other people to repress themselves, because if they don't...you just can't respect them...which sort of dehumanizes them. Adding to that that your complaint specifically targets women folk, indicates that weird incely bullshit I was referring to.

You could you know...get professional help to accept that boobies are good and they don't give you a license to disrespect people for having or showing them, or you could keep being that weirdo raging on the internet about those "femoids having fun".

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Exhibitionism and nudism are two completely unrelated things. One is sexual the other isn't.

Exhibitionism being sexual can bad because you can be dragging people who don't want to participate in your sexual acts into it.

Nudism isn't sexual, and if you sexualize it, that is on YOUR pervy little mind, you are being the perv, not the person who is nude.

Not understanding this, also not being able to understand that sexuality can be fun when consensual (I'm pretty sure you don't get invited to adult only Halloween parties considering your attitude) kinda indicates that you have unresolved and personal issues with sexuality and your solution to it is to want to force other people to repress themselves, because if they don't...you just can't respect them...which sort of dehumanizes them. Adding to that that your complaint specifically targets women folk, indicates that weird incely bullshit I was referring to.

You could you know...get professional help to accept that boobies are good and they don't give you a license to disrespect people for having or showing them, or you could keep being that weirdo raging on the internet about those "femoids having fun".
    They're all pretty much sexual. I see sexy clothes as partial nudity and I don't want to be dragged into seeing that, but I have to anyway.

I don't understand how it's pervy to want women to respect themselves. There's enough abuse in this world without them doing it to themselves and making themselves a target.

I'm not 100% opposed to sex and sexuality, I just don't like it in public. I'm not sure why people keep trying to make this a personal issue, it's not like I lash outwards at anyone who shows any slight crack of skin.

I wasn't targeting women folk, I didn't even specify women at all in my OP, but I did address the topic about women when others did. People just assumed I meant women, I actually later specified how it could mean men, too. I don't have problems with boobs I just don't want to see them in public.

10+ Year Old Account
    what you say about my waifu? them's fighting words.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

honestly threads like this almost get me to deliberately dress up in a sexy costume instead of my normal preferences. just to annoy people like OP.

7+ Year Old Account
    Can't expect everyone to have morals, I guess.
    Morality is relative/subjective.

I'm not sure what's so hard to believe about me feeling like people should have the choice to be bisexual, but if they're act out impulsively with their choice of clothes than it isn't enjoyable, sexy, or agreeable?
    I'm not sure what bisexuality has to do with anything. I'm also not sure what you're trying to say here. Try again, in English.

You've insulted me 6 times in your post.
    Pointing out that a comment/post is stupid is not insulting the poster. The religious/ugly bit was simply a statistical probability. Not sure where you're getting the rest from. Regardless, just because you take offense doesn't make it an insult.

The sexist one wouldn't be an insult if it was actually true, but I think you just misunderstood what I said.
    One cannot insult a comment/post. See above. Also, you stated that most women who dress "slutty" or sexy do so because of pressure, etc. This is mildly sexist because it implies that most women lack the autonomy of choice in regards to how they dress.

More like you lot seem to think that slut isn't a negative word and using it somehow still means you're sex positive.
    "Slut" is a derogatory term for promiscuous women. While you may see it as a negative word because you view promiscuity as "evil", that doesn't actually make it so. Do everyone a favor and keep your morals on the inside, where they belong, because no one gives a shit.

But it's okay, I'm sure the bisexuals won't mind the way you refer to them.
    There you go again. I'm starting to think that you don't understand what "bisexual" means. It certainly has nothing to do with dressing "slutty".

Have you said this before? Become I'm having deja vu.
    If the OP is any indication, I'm sure you've heard it before.

I'm not the one flashing my body to strangers.
    Which also means it's none of your business.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2019-09-22 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Halloween costumes from back in day were awesome. Pretty creepy. Wish people would go back to that.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/briangalind...oween-costumes
    Reminds me of mean girls when they showed up to a party with a scary costume but everyone else was in sexy outfits. Lol

If people are judging you by a "sexy Halloween costume", then you're hanging around a bunch of prudes.

I don't get this "respect" thing, seems like it's a backhanded way of saying the sexiness scandalises you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't get this "respect" thing, seems like it's a backhanded way of saying the sexiness scandalises you.
    It is. People still think it's the 1930's, apparently.

You're attempting to make a moral argument while ignoring the. single. most. important. moral value: self-determination.

Dressing sexy isn't about what other people think about you, it's about what you think about yourself. To make "sexy Halloween costumes" illegal is....well, it's curtailing self-expression. And like all other "decency" laws from our Puritanical roots, they're laughably stupid, and more likely to foment rebellion against them, than not regulating what people say and wear.

Imagine if you did outlaw "sexy costumes." What's to stop you from banning sexy outfits? Why is the mini-skirt allowed, but not the sexy costume? What's to stop you from banning bikinis?

It's fucking nonsense, and it feels like you're arguing from bad faith, and trying to pass it off as morality, when you have no sense of morality at all. Desiring for "women to respect themselves" suggests to me you don't respect yourself and you're projecting that insecurity on scantily clad women during Halloween.

If that doesn't count as a furry that what actually is a furry?
    A very basic definition of a Furry would be someone that dresses up in their furry costumes even when it isn't Halloween or a costume party or something along those lines.

The "sexy Pikachu" costume is more along the lines of a "sexy pirate", sexy cop", or "sexy nurse" costume. The point of it is to emphasize the very human anatomy of the person wearing it.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2019-09-22 at 04:47 PM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Morality is relative/subjective.

I'm not sure what bisexuality has to do with anything. I'm also not sure what you're trying to say here. Try again, in English.

Pointing out that a comment/post is stupid is not insulting the poster. The religious/ugly bit was simply a statistical probability. Not sure where you're getting the rest from. Regardless, just because you take offense doesn't make it an insult.

One cannot insult a comment/post. See above. Also, you stated that most women who dress "slutty" or sexy do so because of pressure, etc. This is mildly sexist because it implies that most women lack the autonomy of choice in regards to how they dress.

"Slut" is a derogatory term for promiscuous women. While you may see it as a negative word because you view promiscuity as "evil", that doesn't actually make it so. Do everyone a favor and keep your morals on the inside, where they belong, because no one gives a shit.

There you go again. I'm starting to think that you don't understand what "bisexual" means. It certainly has nothing to do with dressing "slutty".

If the OP is any indication, I'm sure you've heard it before.

Which also means it's none of your business.
    Well, that's debateable.

I may have overlooked the fact that you weren't talking about bisexuality like others were, or I confused it with the topic, since I kind of haven't been here in a day or so. My point was that I don't think bisexuality means you're promiscuous, I believe it has to do with how you behave and being bisexual doesn't automatically mean you're promiscuous. On the other hand, choosing to dress sexually in front of others is kind of promiscuous. I'm not saying people can't be sexy, I just have a different idea of sexy than others do and it doesn't involve flashing people, even as a joke. Which men do as well.

Oh, please. It is insulting the poster because just like morality, me being stupid isn't objective, either. It is your opinion, and I don't agree with it. You may have been testing to see if I was ugly or religious but even if I was, why would I tell you while you're throwing insults at me? As if I'd be stupid enough to feed you personal information to throw back in my face.

Not true. People can insult anything and they have, and they do.

You misunderstood. I meant societal pressure, from guys being more attracted to women who show them a little bit. If you think a woman choosing to bare her skin because she wants to appeal to someone isn't pressure, than tell me what is. I hardly meant women don't have a choice. I'm not the one being disrespectful towards women as I'm not the one that thinks it's okay to call bisexuals sluts and thinks that I made this thread to be specifically about women.

Okay, well, you got the first part right. But I don't view anything as "evil", as I believe that even bad people are capable of good and good people are capable of bad. It does make it insulting, though. "Slut" is a pejorative, which is a very nicely, neatly tucked way of saying it's an insult. It is the negative word for promiscuous, which is a neutral word with no emotional context behind it. It's pure definition. Promiscuous means to be sexually loose, or to have a lot of partners, or a lot of sex. That doesn't automatically equate to being what I would consider a "slut", as depending on how someone ends up with more than one partner can vary. "Slut" is a word used to hurt others. Promiscuous might offend others, but it's a more neutral term used to describe the same behavior. So it is 100% an insult and your view of it not being so doesn't make you right. But you shouldn't presume to speak for others, because even if they agree with you, you don't speak for them. Either way, I don't have to be quiet simply because you demand it, as I'm not your slave to push around. I'm being civil, unlike you, so I'm fairly certain I have more of a right to say what I feel than you do.

Well, that's where you're wrong, so I'll tell you what I think it means. A bisexual is a person who is both sexually and romantically attracted to both men and women. There, easy. That doesn't necessarily mean that they end up with both men and women at the same time, or that they'll cheat, or that they'll take more than one partner at a time. It just means they possess the ability to be attracted to both, and nothing more. The rest is up to each individual and not bisexuals as a whole.

I have because you strike me as the type to make assumptions about others. You know, like assuming I might be ugly or religious simply because my views don't align with yours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    If people are judging you by a "sexy Halloween costume", then you're hanging around a bunch of prudes.

Well, I don't know about you, but if someone started calling me a slut or whore because I was dressed in a revealing way, it wouldn't feel very respectful of them to me or me to myself. If I'm walking down the street and someone thinks they can put their hands on me because of the way I'm dressed, than that doesn't scream "self respect" to me, as I dressed myself that way and they figured that because of the way I dressed myself that I must WANT it. All of it can be avoided by simply not dressing myself in a sexual way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    You're attempting to make a moral argument while ignoring the. single. most. important. moral value: self-determination.

Dressing sexy isn't about what other people think about you, it's about what you think about yourself. To make "sexy Halloween costumes" illegal is....well, it's curtailing self-expression. And like all other "decency" laws from our Puritanical roots, they're laughably stupid, and more likely to foment rebellion against them, than not regulating what people say and wear.

Imagine if you did outlaw "sexy costumes." What's to stop you from banning sexy outfits? Why is the mini-skirt allowed, but not the sexy costume? What's to stop you from banning bikinis?

It's fucking nonsense, and it feels like you're arguing from bad faith, and trying to pass it off as morality, when you have no sense of morality at all. Desiring for "women to respect themselves" suggests to me you don't respect yourself and you're projecting that insecurity on scantily clad women during Halloween.
    I'd think not. Even though masturbation is a thing, most acts of attraction tend to be done to appeal to someone else. So dressing sexy is to appeal sexually, and since people don't really have to dress up to masturbate it ends up having more to do with being sexually appealing to others. People might view themselves as being sexy but that's more to do with their own personal interests and views, and others might disagree. So, we at least agree it's self expression.

People don't always know what's good for them, though, because the government tried to make alcohol illegal, and people flipped out until it was legal again. I have seen liquor stores and bars right next to AA groups. So I don't think people rebelling against it in large numbers automatically means it's good for them or that they would know any better.

Well, clearly people won't be expected to hide all skin, just the important bits. As I said, it wouldn't be much different than wearing a t-shirt and jeans, which people already do.

Again, I don't flash myself to others, and I don't have to put up with name calling of being promiscuous because of it. I'm not the type of person that thinks it's okay to say that to others so I find it hilarious that people keep making this argument against me. I'm talking about people not respecting themselves, not me disrespecting them, and you're trying to act like I'm treating them like crap when I'm actually looking out for them by trying to prevent them from getting sexually assaulted or insulted. They get treated far worse by people that like it who are attracted to them than they're being treated by me right now, so I think maybe you should rethink that. All it takes is a little bit of cloth to prevent it from happening.

Edit: Somehow ended up double-quoting you.
    Last edited by CritFromAfar; 2019-09-22 at 06:03 PM.

They're all pretty much sexual. I see sexy clothes as partial nudity and I don't want to be dragged into seeing that, but I have to anyway.

I don't understand how it's pervy to want women to respect themselves. There's enough abuse in this world without them doing it to themselves and making themselves a target.

I'm not 100% opposed to sex and sexuality, I just don't like it in public. I'm not sure why people keep trying to make this a personal issue, it's not like I lash outwards at anyone who shows any slight crack of skin.

I wasn't targeting women folk, I didn't even specify women at all in my OP, but I did address the topic about women when others did. People just assumed I meant women, I actually later specified how it could mean men, too. I don't have problems with boobs I just don't want to see them in public.
    Again mate, you are projecting your personal values, opinions and discomforts unto others who have nothing to do with any of that.

You can chose not to wear "slutty" outfits, but you don't get to tell others that they have to do the same, you also don't get to "not respect" them for that. I mean sure, you personally can think whatever the hell you want you just don't get to externalize that. Aka...you still have to treat them with respect.

I'll reiterate. The problem is not the slutty outfit...it's that you are bothered by it. I know you are not seeing this, but I'm telling you that the problem here is you. And YOU should ask why you are so bothered by this? What is the problem?

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, that's debateable.
    That you think it's debatable means it's literally subjective. Also, it's not debatable. If I don't agree with your morals, that means your morals are subjective. That's how that works.

On the other hand, choosing to dress sexually in front of others is kind of promiscuous.
    One's state of dress cannot be "promiscuous". That's not how that word works.

It is insulting the poster because just like morality, me being stupid isn't objective, either.
    No, it's not. You may feel insulted, but your feelings are irrelevant.

You may have been testing to see if I was ugly or religious but even if I was, why would I tell you while you're throwing insults at me?
    I wasn't "testing" anything, nor was I asking. I was stating a statistical probability. And I "threw" no insults. Your taking offense is on you.

Not true. People can insult anything and they have, and they do.
    That's simply not how that word works.

You misunderstood. I meant societal pressure, from guys being more attracted to women who show them a little bit.
    That isn't "societal pressure", it's biological prerogative. People are attracted to what they're attracted to and will, of their own accord, mimic what's attractive to those those they're attracted to. This is human nature.

Okay, well, you got the first part right. But I don't view anything as "evil", as I believe that even bad people are capable of good and good people are capable of bad. It does make it insulting, though. "Slut" is a pejorative, which is a very nicely, neatly tucked way of saying it's an insult. It is the negative word for promiscuous, which is a neutral word with no emotional context behind it. It's pure definition. Promiscuous means to be sexually loose, or to have a lot of partners, or a lot of sex. That doesn't automatically equate to being what I would consider a "slut", as depending on how someone ends up with more than one partner can vary. "Slut" is a word used to hurt others. Promiscuous might offend others, but it's a more neutral term used to describe the same behavior. So it is 100% an insult and your view of it not being so doesn't make you right.
    And yet the connotation of the term is dictated by the context. Calling a woman a "slut", with the intent of shaming her for sexual proclivities is, in fact, insulting. However, that's not the only context for that term. This thread is an example of that. While you and a few others might view "sexy" attire as "slutty", most rational adults see "slutty" attire as simply meaning "sexy", which is perfectly fine. Not to mention that faux degradation is a fetish. So yes, the fact that I view "slut" or "slutty" as a good thing makes it a good thing to me.

Either way, I don't have to be quiet simply because you demand it, as I'm not your slave to push around. I'm being civil, unlike you, so I'm fairly certain I have more of a right to say what I feel than you do.
    You're right. You can say whatever you want. As long as you understand that things like morals, religion, etc, are personal and should be kept to yourself, and that what others do is none of your business. Failing that justifies your being called out when you say stupid shit.

I have because you strike me as the type to make assumptions about others. You know, like assuming I might be ugly or religious simply because my views don't align with yours.
    Again, I simply stated a statistical probability. The majority of people who take issue with "sexy" clothing are doing so either out of [faux] moral offense and/or jealousy. No rational adult is going to have a problem with "sexy" Halloween costumes or clothing.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2019-09-22 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    honestly threads like this almost get me to deliberately dress up in a sexy costume instead of my normal preferences. just to annoy people like OP.
    Hmm, suddenly I see the merits or making these threads.